The Yale Bulldogs (2-1) travel to face off against the Weber State Wildcats (1-1) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Avenir Centre in Moncton and televised on ESPN+. Yale is coming off a win in their previous game, while Weber State is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Gardner-Webb. Tip-off is set for 6:00 ET.
The Yale Bulldogs Are Coming Off A Win
Yale comes into their 4th game of the season with a 2-1 overall record. Looking at their last five road games, which includes games from last season, Yale has a 3-2 record. Yale enters today’s game with a 2-1 record against the spread. Looking back at their previous ten games, including those from last season, Yale has gone 6-3 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Yale have had an average of 146 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 150.3 points. Their over/under record is 2-1-0. The Bulldogs have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 77 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2.
The Weber State Wildcats Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Weber State is entering their third game of the season with a 1-1 record. In their previous three home games, including last year, Weber State holds a 2-1 record. As of now, Weber State holds a 1-1 ATS record leading into their game against Yale. Looking back to last season, the team has gone 1-1 ATS in their last three games, with an average scoring margin of +9.
Weber State’s games have, on average, featured 120.5 points per game leading to an over/under record of 0-2-0. Their average over/under line is currently 132.8 points so far. Looking at the Wildcats’ last three games, their over/under record is 1-1 with their games averaging 75 points per game.
Yale Offense Breakdown
Coming off their recent game, the Yale offense tallied 68 points in a matchup against Colgate. Their field goal percentage for the game was 43.9%, and they made 8 threes. On the offensive front, the Bulldogs have a season-long field goal percentage of 49%, ranking 84th nationally. When it comes to three-point shooting, they are ranked 29th in terms of percentage and 202nd in three-pointers made.
|Bez Mbeng (G)||13.8||3.5||3.0|
|John Poulakidas (G)||12.5||0.8||1.5|
|Matt Knowling (F)||10.5||4.8||1.5|
Weber State Offense Breakdown
Compared to their season average of 72.7 points per game, Weber State struggled in their previous game. Against Gardner-Webb, the Wildcats scored 61 points while finishing with a field goal percentage of 42.5%. The team’s top scorer is Dillon Jones, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 26.3, while Steven Verplancken also maintains a PPG average of 10.3 leading up to the game.
|Dillon Jones (F)||26.3||11.0||2.0|
|Steven Verplancken (G)||10.3||1.7||1.0|
|Alex Tew (C)||9.0||2.7||0.3|
Yale Team Defense
In the current season, the Yale defense has excelled, sitting 65th in the nation by allowing 67.2 points per game. In their previous game vs. Colgate, the Raiders finished with a field goal percentage of 43% and a total of 50 points vs. Yale.
Weber State Team Defense
At present, the Wildcats’ defense is nationally ranked 28th, allowing 60.3 points per game. In today’s game vs. Yale, the Weber State defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, Weber State made 24 free-throws vs. the Wildcats.
Bulldogs vs Wildcats Trends
- Yale has played well in their previous 5 road games, going 3-2 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 78 points per game while allowing 79. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- Across their last five home contests, Weber State has been good against the spread posting a mark of 5-0. Their overall mark in these games was 4-1, while averaging 65 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Wildcats have a straight up record of 6-4. Their record vs the spread in these games was 8-2.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Bulldogs have a straight up record of 8-2. But, their mark vs the spread was just 8-2.
As the underdogs with a spread of +4.5, we recommend going with the Wildcats on the point spread. We not only see them covering the spread but also have a strong likelihood of winning this one outright, especially if you’re seeking a higher payout on the moneyline.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 137.5 and our model has the Bulldogs and Wildcats finishing with a combined 141 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.