NFL Football: Green Bay Packers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
The Green Bay Packers (3-5) travel to face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at Acrisure Stadium in Acrisure Stadium and televised on CBS. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
Packers vs Steelers
The Packers Are Coming Off A Win
The last time Green Bay played, the Packers beat the Rams by a final score of 20-3. Given that they were favored by 4 against the Rams, the Packers picked up an ATS win.
Versus the Rams, the Packers turned to the run 38 times, and it was Aaron Jones who led the way with 73 yards. Meanwhile, Jordan Love finished with 26 pass attempts, resulting in 228 yards and a passer rating of 115.
The Packers defense is coming off a game in which they gave up just 10 first downs vs. the Rams. Against the run, Green Bay allowed 68 yards and 119 vs. the pass.
In the current season, the Packers hold an overall record of 3-5, placing them at 3rd in the NFC-North. Their performance consists of a 2-5 record as underdogs and 1-0 when they are favored.
This season, the Packers boast an above .500 record versus the spread, currently standing at 4-4. Their average scoring margin for this season is +0.1. The average over/under line for Green Bay games this season is currently 41.9 points. They have an over/under record of 3-5 with an average margin against the over/under of -2.1.
Packers Injury Report
- Luke Tenuta – Ankle (Out)
- Christian Watson – Upper Body (Questionable)
- Quay Walker – Groin (Questionable)
- Rudy Ford – Calf (Questionable)
- Kenny Clark – Shoulder (Questionable)
- David Bakhtiari – Knee (Out)
- Tyler Davis – Knee (Out)
- Darnell Savage – Calf (Out)
- Eric Stokes – Hamstring (Out)
The Steelers Are Coming Off A Win
The Steelers are coming off a 20-16 win over the Titans. Meanwhile, the Steelers covered the spread, as they were favored by 3 against the Titans.
Offensively, Steeler’s Kenny Pickett ended with 160 passing yards with a completion rate of 63%. The Steelers ran the ball 30 times, gaining 166 yards. In the end, the team converted 6 of 12 third-down opportunities.
On the defensive side, the Steelers allowed 340 yards of total offense to Tennessee. Among these yards, 105 were given up on the ground, while the team’s secondary gave up 235 yards through 39 attempts.
The Steelers’ week 10 matchup vs. Green Bay will be their 6th home game of the season. On the road, they have gone 3-2 and are 5-3 overall. In the AFC-North, Pittsburgh is 2nd and 5th in the AFC.
With a scoring margin of -3.8, the Steelers’ have achieved an ATS record of 5-3 so far. This season Pittsburgh games are 28th in total points. Their over/under record is 1-7, and the average over/under line for their games stands at 40.6 points.
Steelers Injury Report
- Renell Wren – Achilles (Out)
- Cole Holcomb – Knee (Out)
- Pat Freiermuth – Hamstring (Out)
- Montravius Adams – Ankle (Questionable)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Cory Trice Jr. – Knee (Out)
- Alfonzo Graham – Shoulder (Out)
Packers Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Packers are averaging 20 points per game, putting them 20th in the NFL.
Looking at their passing game, the Packers come in with an average of 199.6 passing yards per game, which is 22nd in the league. Presently, 60.1% of their first downs are credited to the passing game.
At 100.4 rushing yards per game, the Packers are 22nd in the NFL. This figure has come on an average of 25 attempts (21st).
Steelers Offense Breakdown
As they enter week 10, the Steelers offense ranks 29th in the league, averaging 16.6 points per contest.
In the passing game, the Steelers are averaging 188 passing yards per game, which is 25th in the league. So far, 55.6% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
With 90.5 rushing yards per game, the Steelers hold the 25th spot in the NFL. This average is coming on an average of 24.2 rushing attempts (23rd).
Packers Team Defense
On defense, the Packers are currently positioned 9th in tackles for loss and 11th in sacks. Against them, opponents are scoring an average of 19.9 points per game and gaining 320.1 yards per contest.
Steelers Team Defense
In terms of defense, the Steelers hold the 8th position in tackles for loss and are ranked 6th in sacks. Opponents are managing to score an average of 20.4 points and gain 377.2 yards per game against them.
Packers vs Steelers Trends
- When looking at their past ten road matchups, Green Bay has an ATS record of 5-5 while averaging 22 per game. The team went 3-7 overall in these games.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Steelers offense has averaged 16 points per game while allowing an average of 21. Pittsburgh posted an overall record of 6-4 while going 7-3 ATS.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Packers have a straight up record of 1-4. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-4.
- As the betting favorite, the Steelers have an ATS mark of just 6-4 in their last ten games. Pittsburgh posted a straight up mark of 6-3-1 in these matchups.
Packers vs Steelers Prediction
Green Bay’s pass defense has some momentum after containing Los Angeles’ passing attack in their last game. Even as 3 point underdogs at away, I’m backing them to cover against Pittsburgh.
For this game with an over/under line of 37.5, my choice is to take the under. Pittsburgh’s games have an average margin of -2.1 against their previous over/under lines.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.