NFL Football: Houston Texans vs. Cincinnati Bengals
The Houston Texans (4-4) travel to face off against the Cincinnati Bengals (5-3) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at Paycor Stadium in Paycor Stadium and televised on CBS. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
Texans vs Bengals
The Texans Are Coming Off A Win
The Texans are coming off a win in their last game where they beat the Buccaneers with a score of 39-37. Even with the straight-up win, the Texans did not cover vs. the spread against Tampa Bay. On the spread, the Texans were favored by 2.5.
C.J. Stroud wrapped up the game with 470 passing yards and a passer rating of 147. Overall, he completed 30 of 42 passes.
In their last game vs. the Buccaneers, the Texans defense struggled to defend the run, giving up 68.98809523809524 first downs on the ground. Overall, Tampa Bay ran for 81 yards against the Texans’ defense.
In the current season, the Texans hold an overall record of 4-4, placing them at 2nd in the AFC-South. Their performance consists of a 3-2 record as underdogs and 1-2 when they are favored.
The Texans’ current scoring margin for the season stands at +2.8, contributing to their ATS record of 4-4. So far this season, games involving Houston have averaged 44 points, ranking them 13th in the NFL. They currently have an over/under record of 3-5, with an average OU line of 41.8 points.
Texans Injury Report
- Kendrick Green – Knee (Out)
- Dameon Pierce – Ankle (Questionable)
- John Metchie III – Ribs (Questionable)
- Brevin Jordan – Foot (Questionable)
- Charlie Heck – Foot (Out)
- Jimmie Ward – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Robert Woods – Foot (Questionable)
- Sheldon Rankins – Knee (Questionable)
- Ka’imi Fairbairn – Quad (Questionable)
- Eric Murray – Knee (Out)
- Hassan Ridgeway – Achilles (Out)
- Scott Quessenberry – Knee (Out)
- M.J. Stewart – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Derek Stingley Jr. – Hamstring (Out)
- Kenyon Green – Shoulder (Out)
- Teagan Quitoriano – Groin (Out)
- Troy Hairston – Back (Out)
- Jake Hansen – Hand (Questionable)
- Jarrett Patterson – Ankle (Out)
- DJ Scaife – Leg (Out)
- Jesse Matthews – Knee (Out)
- Kilian Zierer – Ankle (Out)
- Juice Scruggs – Leg (Out)
The Bengals Are Coming Off A Win
In their last game, the Bengals welcomed the Bills. The game finished in a 24-18 win for the Bengals. As 1.5-point favorites against the Bills, the Bengals picked up a ATS win.
In the game, Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow had a huge game passing, throwing for 348 yards on 44 attempts. Burrow also finished the game with two passing touchdowns.
Cincinnati’s defense faced a Buffalo offense that threw the ball 38 times for 249 yards in week 9. The Bengals gave up a completion percentage of 68.4% on passing plays and a total of 317 yards of offense to the Bills.
At 5-3, the Bengals are 7th in the AFC and 4th in the AFC-North. This will be Cincinnati’s 5th home game this season, where they have gone 3-1 compared to 2-2 on the road.
All in all, the Bengals have put together an above .500 record versus the spread this season, currently at 4-4. Their average scoring margin for this season is -0.9. With an over/under record of 3-5, the Bengals come in with an average margin of -5.9 relative to their over/under lines. Their games have consistently averaged 39.6 points per game.
Bengals Injury Report
- Josh Tupou – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Chase Brown – Hamstring (Out)
- Charlie Jones – Thumb (Out)
- Devin Cochran – Knee (Out)
- Tycen Anderson – Knee (Out)
- Devonnsha Maxwell – Knee (Out)
Texans Offense Breakdown
So far this season, the Houston offense has been averaging 23.4 points per game, ranking them 11th in the league.
In terms of the passing game, Texans have an average 264.1 passing yards per game, placing them 4th in the league rankings. Meanwhile, it present, 69.2% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
The Texans are currently average 3.2 yards per rushing attempt while carrying the ball an average of 26.8 times per game. In terms of rushing yardage, they hold the 27th position in the league.
Bengals Offense Breakdown
Overall, this season, the Cincinnati offense has an average of 19.4 points, placing them 23rd in the league.
Additionally, this season, the Cincinnati passing offense is 4th in passing attempts. Also, their average of 216 passing yards per contest is 18th compared to other teams.
Per attempt, the Bengals are averaging 3.6 yards while carrying the ball an average of 21.2 times per contest. Lastly, in terms of yardage, they are 32nd in the league.
Texans Team Defense
On the other hand, when it comes to defense, the Texans have given up 238.0 passing yards and 97.0 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, in terms of sacks, Houston ranks 14th among other defenses. Overall, coming into week 10, they have allowed 20.6 points per game and 335.0 yards.
Bengals Team Defense
Heading into this week’s matchup with the Texans, the Bengals defense has given up an average of 20.2 points per game. Furthermore, they are currently 7th in quarterback hits and have allowed an average of 364.0 yards per contest.
Texans vs Bengals Trends
- In their last three road games, Houston has averaged 23 points per game while allowing 17. The team’s record in this stretch was 1-2 while going 2-1.
- Cincinnati has played well in their previous three home games, going 2-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 22 points per game while allowing 21. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- Through their last five games as the underdog, the Texans have an ATS record of 4-1 and a straight up mark of 3-2.
- As the betting favorite, the Bengals have an ATS record of 3-0 in their last three games. In these matchups, their straight up record was 3-0.
Texans vs Bengals Prediction
All in all, a key matchup to watch in this game is the Texans’ offense vs. the Bengals’ defense. Yet, our projections have the Texans building on their most recent 496 yard performance on offense and putting together another big game vs. Cincinnati. I like the Texans at +6.5.
Finally, heading into this matchup, Houston’s games have averaged 44 points per game. In the end, given that the over/under line for this matchup is at 46.5, I’m taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.