NFL Football: New York Jets vs. Las Vegas Raiders
The New York Jets (4-4) travel to face off against the Las Vegas Raiders (4-5) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Allegiant Stadium and televised on NBC. The Raiders are coming off a win in their previous game, while the Jets are looking to get back on track from a loss to the Chargers. Kickoff is set for 8:20 ET.
Jets vs Raiders
The Jets Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
This week, the Jets will look to bounce back from a 27-6 loss to the Chargers. With their 21 point loss, the Jets also were handed a defeat on their ATS record. Going into the game, they were 3.5-point underdogs.
Against the Chargers’ defense, Zach Wilson led the way with 263 passing yards and a completion rate of 67%. On the ground, the Jets ran the ball 20 times for 64 yards. The team had 3 third-down conversions (17.6%).
The Jets defense is coming off a game where they held the opposing run game to just 84 rushing yards. Over the course of the game, the Chargers averaged 4.0 yards per rushing attempt. In total, New York’s defense yielded 191 yards of offensive output.
Leading up to their matchup with the Raiders, the Jets are 4-4. They currently sit 3rd in the AFC-East and are in 11th place in the AFC.
This season, the Jets find themselves above .500 versus the spread with a record of 4-3-1. Their average scoring margin for this season stands at -3. New York has an over/under record of 3-5 so far this year. Their average over/under betting line stands at 40.2 points, and their games have averaged a combined 36 points per game.
Jets Injury Report
- Chazz Surratt – Ankle (Out)
- Alijah Vera-Tucker – Achilles (Out)
- Kenny Yeboah – Hamstring (Out)
- Bradlee Anae – Undisclosed (Out)
- Allen Lazard – Knee (Probable)
- Ifeadi Odenigbo – Undisclosed (Out)
- Chuck Clark – Knee (Out)
- Carl Lawson – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Justin Hardee – Hamstring (Out)
- Connor McGovern – Knee (Out)
- Adrian Amos – Ankle (Probable)
- Wes Schweitzer – Calf (Out)
- Al Woods – Achilles (Out)
- Aaron Rodgers – Achilles (Out)
- Duane Brown – Shoulder/hip (Questionable)
- Randall Cobb – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Dennis Kelly – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Israel Abanikanda – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Jason Brownlee – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Jarrick Bernard-Converse – Gameday Inactive (Out)
The Raiders Are Coming Off A Win
The last time Las Vegas played, the Raiders beat the Giants by a final score of 30-6. Heading into the game, the Raiders were favored by 1. Their 24 point win was enough to cover the spread.
Against New York, quarterback Aidan O’Connell had a passer rating of 90 while completing 64% of his passes. Overall, he ended the game with 209 yards through the air.
In their previous game, the Raiders defense limited the Giants to just 15 first downs. Against the run, Las Vegas gave up 123 yards, and they allowed 154 yards through the air.
In the AFC-West standings, the Raiders find themselves in 3rd place with a record of 4-5. In the AFC, Las Vegas is in 13th place as week 10 approaches.
So far this season, the Raiders are above .500 vs. the spread at 4-5. Their average scoring margin this season is -4.1. Looking at their over/under lines, the Raiders have seen an average line of 43.6 points. Their games have averaged 38.8 points per game, resulting in an over/under record of 2-7.
Raiders Injury Report
- Divine Deablo – Ankle (Questionable)
- Jakob Johnson – Concussion (Questionable)
- Roderic Teamer – Hamstring (Out)
- Austin Walter – Undisclosed (Out)
- Marcus Peters – Knee (Questionable)
- Brandon Facyson – Shin (Out)
- Darien Butler – Undisclosed (Out)
- Brittain Brown – Undisclosed (Out)
- Kana’i Mauga – Knee (Out)
- Luke Masterson – Concussion (Questionable)
- Thayer Munford Jr. – Neck (Questionable)
- Dalton Wagner – Undisclosed (Out)
Jets Offense Breakdown
With an average of 16.5 points per contest, the New York offense currently ranks 30th in the league.
This season, the New York passing offense is 20th in passing attempts. Their average of 169.5 passing yards per contest is 30th compared to other teams.
On the ground, the Jets have carried the ball an average of 22.1 times per game and currently rank 20th in rushing yards. Their average rushing yards per attempt is 4.5.
Raiders Offense Breakdown
At home, the Raiders are averaging 21.5 points per contest compared to their overall numbers of 17.3 points per game. In the league, Las Vegas is 27th in overall scoring.
In this week’s game, Las Vegas’ passing game is currently 23rd in passing yards. Additionally, they are 25th in pass attempts, throwing an average of 31.9 passes each game.
The Raiders have been running the ball an average of 23.8 times per game and currently hold the 31st spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 3.3.
Jets Team Defense
So far the Jets’ defense has given up an average of 312.0 yards per game and 19.5 points per contest (8th). Coming into the game, they have allowed a completion percentage allowed of 63.2% and have given up eight passing touchdowns. Against the run, they are 29th in the NFL.
Raiders Team Defense
Defensively, Las Vegas is 17th in points allowed. So far, opponents are averaging 21.4 points per game against them on 330.9 yards allowed per contest.
Jets vs Raiders Trends
- Across the Jets last ten road games, the team averaged 14 points per game while allowing 17. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 4-5-1, while going 4-6 straight-up.
- Although Las Vegas has a straight up record of 3-7 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 3-7. The team averaged 17 points per game in these games.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Raiders have a straight up record of 0-3 and an ATS mark of 0-3.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the favorite, the Jets have a straight up record of 2-3. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-3-1.
Jets vs Raiders Prediction
In this matchup, I like see the Jets’ defense doing a good job slowing down the Raiders’ offense. In their most recent game, they gave up just 191 and should build on that performance. I suggest locking in the Jets at -2.5.
After crunching the numbers, our model is pointing to this game finishing with a combined 38 points. This projection has me feeling good about taking the over at 36.5.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.