The San Francisco 49ers (5-3) travel to face off against the Jacksonville Jaguars (6-2) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at EverBank Stadium in EverBank Stadium and televised on FOX. The Jaguars are coming off a win in their previous game, while the 49ers are looking to get back on track from a loss to the Bengals. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
49ers vs Jaguars
The 49ers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
In their most recent matchup, the 49ers welcomed the Bengals to their home turf. But they suffered a 31-17 loss. With the 14 point loss to the Bengals, the 49ers also took a loss vs. the spread as 4-point favorites.
On offense, Brock Purdy ended with 365 passing yards on a completion rate of 71%. On the ground, the 49ers ran the ball 23 times, amassing 113 yards. The team converted 5 third-downs at a rate of 55.6%.
When taking on Cincinnati in the last game, the 49ers defense struggled to halt the Bengals offense, allowing 29 first downs. San Francisco gave up 400 yards of offense, and the Bengals passing offense managed a completion percentage of 87.5%.
As we enter week 10, San Francisco is in 1st place in the NFC-West with an overall record of 5-3. In the NFC, they are currently in 3rd place.
Against the spread, the 49ers are currently 4-3-1. So far, they have been favored in all of their games. With an over/under record of 4-3-1, the 49ers come in with an average margin of +1.8 relative to their over/under lines. Their games have consistently averaged 44.8 points per game.
49ers Injury Report
- Deebo Samuel – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Aaron Banks – Toe (Doubtful)
- Dre Greenlaw – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Trent Williams – Ankle (Questionable)
- Samuel Womack III – Knee (Questionable)
- Danny Gray – Shoulder (Out)
- Robert Beal Jr. – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Cameron Latu – Knee (Out)
- Darrell Luter Jr. – Knee (Questionable)
The Jaguars Are Coming Off A Win
In their last game, the Jaguars came out on top against the Steelers, winning by a score of 20-10. Heading into the game, the Jaguars were favored by 2.5. All in all, their 10 point win was enough to cover the spread.
For the game, quarterback Trevor Lawrence attempted 32 passes and finished with 24 completions for 292. Overall, his passer rating for the game was 100.
On the other hand, the Jaguars defense is coming off a game in which they gave up just 17 first downs vs. the Steelers. Overall, against the run, Jacksonville allowed 70 yards and 191 vs. the pass.
Additionally, this season, the Jaguars have achieved an overall record of 6-2, putting them 1st in the AFC-South. Meanwhile, this includes a 2-1 record as underdogs and 4-1 when they are favored.
In terms of the spread, the Jaguars hold a record of 6-2. This has come on an average scoring margin of +4.6. Jacksonville has an over/under record of 4-4 so far this year. Finally, their average over/under betting line stands at 44.6 points, and their games also have averaged a combined 43.6 points per game.
Jaguars Injury Report
- Ezra Cleveland – Foot (Questionable)
- Daniel Thomas – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Chris Claybrooks – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Jaylon Moore – Knee (Out)
- Andre Cisco – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Tyson Campbell – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Zay Jones – Knee (Questionable)
- Gregory Junior – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Ventrell Miller – Achilles (Out)
- Parker Washington – Knee (Out)
- Christian Braswell – Hamstring (Out)
- Cooper Hodges – Knee (Out)
- Leonard Taylor – Undisclosed (Out)
49ers Offense Breakdown
The 49ers offense has been better at home this year, averaging 31 at home compared to 23.5 on the road. In terms of overall scoring, they are 4th in the league.
This season, San Francisco’s passing offense ranks 30th in passing attempts. With an average of 243.1 passing yards per game, they hold the 8th spot in the NFL.
On the ground, the 49ers have ran the ball an average of 30.4 times per game and are 5th in rushing yards. So far, they are averaging 4.4 yards per rushing attempt.
Jaguars Offense Breakdown
Furthremore, this season, the Jacksonville offense has an average of 24.1 points, placing them 10th in the league.
In the end, Jacksonville’s passing attack comes in to this week’s game ranked 14th in passing yards. In addition, they are 16th in attempts, throwing the ball an average of 34.4 times per game.
The Jaguars have been running the ball an average of 29.6 times per game and currently hold the 14th spot in the league in rushing yards. Finally, their average yards per rushing attempt is 3.8.
49ers Team Defense
When it comes to defense, the 49ers have given up 228.9 passing yards and 86.1 rushing yards per game. In terms of sacks, San Francisco ranks 13th among other defenses. Coming into week 10, they have also allowed 17.5 points per game and 315.0 yards.
Jaguars Team Defense
The Jaguars defense comes into the game with rankings of 16th in tackles for loss and 15th in sacks. In addition, their opponents have been scoring 19.5 points per game and gaining 342.8 yards (per game).
49ers vs Jaguars Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, San Francisco has an ATS record of 0-2-1 while averaging 21 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- Although Jacksonville has a straight up record of 7-3 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 8-2. The team averaged 24 points per game in these games.
- Through their last five games as the underdog, the Jaguars have an ATS record of 4-1 and a straight up mark of 3-2.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the 49ers have a straight up record of 2-3 and an ATS mark of 2-3.
49ers vs Jaguars Prediction
Look for the 49ers’ offense to put together a big performance vs. the Jaguars and cover the spread as 3-point favorites. Meanwhile, in their most recent game, the 49ers put up 460 yards of offense and are projected to have another above-average performance against Jacksonville.
Our model sees the over/under line for this matchup being to low and like the outlook of this game surpassing 45 points. The betting model spit out this game finishing with a combined 51 points.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.