The Tennessee Titans (3-5) travel to face off against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Raymond James Stadium and televised on CBS. Both the Titans and Buccaneers will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 ET.
Titans vs Buccaneers
The Titans Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
After dropping their last game by a score of 20-16 to the Steelers, they are looking to bounce back with a win this week. Alongside their 4-point loss, the Titans also suffered an ATS defeat. They were 3-point underdogs before the game.
Offensively, Will Levis ended with 262 passing yards with a completion rate of 56%. The Titans ran the ball 25 times, gaining 105 yards. The team converted 3 of 13 third-down opportunities.
The Titans defense struggled to get off the field vs. the Steelers in week 9, conceding 22 first downs. Overall, Tennessee yielded 326 yards of offensive production, and the Steelers passing game achieved a completion rate of 63.3%.
Taking a glance at the AFC-South standings, the Titans are 4th with a record of 3-5. Within the AFC, Tennessee is currently in 14th place as they enter week 10.
Tennessee’s scoring margin up to this point is currently at -1.5. The team comes in with an ATS mark of 4-4. With an over/under record of 2-6, the Titans come in with an average margin of -2 relative to their over/under lines. Their games have averaged 38.5 points per game (combined).
Titans Injury Report
- Sean Murphy-Bunting – Thumb (Questionable)
- Caleb Farley – Back (Out)
- Treylon Burks – Concussion (Questionable)
- Kearis Jackson – Ankle (Out)
- Hassan Haskins – Undisclosed (Out)
- Taylor Stallworth – Undisclosed (Out)
- Chris Hubbard – Concussion (Questionable)
- Ryan Tannehill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Nicholas Petit-Frere – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Roger McCreary – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Julius Chestnut – Hamstring (Out)
- Mike Brown – Undisclosed (Questionable)
- Shakel Brown – Ankle (Out)
The Buccaneers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
In the previous game, the Buccaneers lost by a score of 39-37 against the Texans. Even with a loss to Houston, the Buccaneers did manage to cover the spread. They were 2.5-point underdogs going into the game.
On offense, Tampa Bay’s Baker Mayfield ended with 265 passing yards on a completion rate of 70%. On the ground, the Buccaneers ran the ball 31 times, amassing 81 yards. The team converted 3 third-downs at a rate of 23.1%.
The Buccaneers defense is coming off a game in which they gave up just 53 yards vs. the run. For the game, the Texans averaged 3.1 yards per attempt. Tampa Bay’s defense gave up a total of 496 yards of offense.
As they take on the Titans, the Buccaneers will be looking to build on their 3-5 record. This currently places them at 3rd in the NFC-South and 10th in the NFC.
So far this season, the Buccaneers are above .500 vs. the spread at 5-3. Their average scoring margin this season is -1.1. Looking at their over/under lines, the Buccaneers have seen an average line of 41.6 points. Their games have averaged 40.6 points per game, resulting in an over/under record of 2-6.
Buccaneers Injury Report
- Logan Hall – Groin (Questionable)
- Ryan Jensen – Knee (Out)
- Matt Feiler – Knee (Questionable)
- Russell Gage – Knee (Out)
- Jamel Dean – Concussion (Questionable)
Titans Offense Breakdown
Offensively, the Titans have an average of 18.5 points per game, which is 24th in the NFL.
Looking at their performance in the passing game so far, Tennessee is 26th in passing yards per game, where they have an average of 187.5. Additionally, their passing yards per attempt of 6.4, places them 13 in the league.
With 114.5 rushing yards per game, the Titans hold the 12th spot in the NFL. This average is coming on an average of 25.8 rushing attempts (16th).
Buccaneers Offense Breakdown
Regarding their offense, the Buccaneers have an average 19.8 points per game, which places them 22nd in the NFL.
This season, Tampa Bay’s passing offense ranks 14th in passing attempts. With an average of 224.2 passing yards per game, they hold the 15th spot in the NFL.
The Buccaneers are running the ball an average of 25.1 times per game and currently hold the 30th rank in rushing yards. Per attempt, they are averaging 3.2 yards.
Titans Team Defense
Facing the Buccaneers this week, the Titans defense has allowed an average of 20 points per game. They currently rank 17th in quarterback hits and have allowed an average of 337.8 yards per contest.
Buccaneers Team Defense
On the defensive front, the Buccaneers currently hold the 13th position in tackles for loss and rank 10th in sacks. Opponents are averaging 20.9 points and 372.2 yards per game against them.
Titans vs Buccaneers Trends
- Through their last five road games, Tennessee has an ATS record of just 2-3. However, their overall record was 0-5 while averaging 13 points per game.
- Tampa Bay has a 2-3 record in their last five home games. In this stretch, they averaged 23 points per game while allowing 23. The team also performed well vs the spread at 4-1.
- Spanning across their last five games as the betting underdog, the Titans have gone 2-3 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 2-3.
- The Buccaneers have played well in their last three games as the betting favorite, going 2-1 straight up and 2-1 against the spread.
Titans vs Buccaneers Prediction
Even though the Titans are the 1-point underdogs on the road, I like them to cover the spread against the Buccaneers. In their last game, the Buccaneers defense struggled to get off the field, giving up 26 first-downs. Look for the Titans offense to take advantage of facing a struggling defense.
Not only does our model have a projected total of 41 points in this matchup, but the eye test has me feeling this line of 38.5 is low. I like Tennessee and Tampa Bay to exceed 38.5 points.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.