The Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3) travel to face off against the Houston Texans (6-4) on Sunday, November 26th. This game will be played at NRG Stadium in NRG Stadium and televised on CBS. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
Jaguars vs Texans
The Jaguars Are Coming Off A Win
Most recently, the Jaguars hosted the Titans. The game ended in a 34-14 win for Jacksonville. Against the spread, the Jaguars’ 20-point win was enough to cover as 6.5-point favorites.
Offensively, Trevor Lawrence finished with 262 passing yards while completing 75% of his passes. On the ground, the Jaguars ran the ball 36 times for 128 yards. The team went 4/12 on third down.
In their most recent game, the Jaguars defense allowed only 12 first downs against the Titans. In terms of rushing defense, Jacksonville conceded 92 yards, while the passing defense allowed 143 yards.
Taking a glance at the AFC-South standings, the Jaguars are 1st with a record of 7-3. Within the AFC, Jacksonville is currently in 3rd place as they enter week 12.
As the underdog, Jacksonville has gone 2-2 this season compared to their ATS record of 5-1 as the favorite. At home, the Jaguars are 3-3 ATS and 4-0 vs. the spread on the road. Currently, the Jaguars have an average over/under line of 44.1 points for this season. Their games have been averaging 43.4 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 5-5.
Jaguars Injury Report
- Jamal Agnew – Shoulder/ribs (Out)
- Chris Claybrooks – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Jaylon Moore – Knee (Out)
- Tyson Campbell – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Cooper Hodges – Knee (Out)
- Christian Braswell – Hamstring (Out)
- Leonard Taylor – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ventrell Miller – Achilles (Out)
The Texans Are Coming Off A Win
The Texans are coming off a win in their last game where they beat the Cardinals with a score of 21-16. Even with a victory, the Texans couldn’t cover the spread against the Cardinals, going in favored v 5.5.
Offensively, C.J. Stroud finished with 336 passing yards while completing 73% of his passes. On the ground, the Texans ran the ball 25 times for 111 yards. The team went 9/13 on third down.
Defensively, the Texans recorded three sacks and three interceptions vs. the Cardinals. The team’s secondary conceded 196 passing yards, while their rush defense gave up 123 rushing yards.
Entering week 12, Houston is positioned 2nd in the AFC-South with a 6-4 record. In the AFC, they are currently in 6th place.
The Texans have a 5-5 record against the spread this season. So far this season, their average scoring margin is +3. To date this season, games involving Houston rank 9th in total points. Their over/under record stands at 4-6, and the average over/under line for their games is 42.8 points.
Texans Injury Report
- Denzel Perryman – Suspension (Out)
- Jimmie Ward – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Hassan Ridgeway – Achilles (Out)
- Eric Murray – Knee (Out)
- Ka’imi Fairbairn – Quad (Out)
- Noah Brown – Knee (Questionable)
- M.J. Stewart – Shoulder (Out)
- Scott Quessenberry – Knee (Out)
- Grayland Arnold – Calf (Out)
- Kendrick Green – Knee (Out)
- Charlie Heck – Foot (Questionable)
- Juice Scruggs – Leg (Out)
- Jarrett Patterson – Ankle (Out)
- Troy Hairston – Back (Out)
- Henry To’oto’o – Concussion (Questionable)
- Kenyon Green – Shoulder (Out)
- Teagan Quitoriano – Groin (Out)
- Dameon Pierce – Ankle (Questionable)
- Jake Hansen – Hand/hamstring (Questionable)
- DJ Scaife – Leg (Out)
- Jesse Matthews – Knee (Out)
- Kilian Zierer – Ankle (Out)
Jaguars Offense Breakdown
Jacksonville’s offense comes in with an average of 23 points per game, which is currently 11th in the league.
Jacksonville is currently 19th in passing attempts and are averaging 6.6 yards per attempt (11). At 225.4 passing yards per game, they are 16th in the league.
The Jaguars hold the 16th position in the NFL with 108.7 rushing yards per game. This average has come on an average of 29 rushing attempts (8th).
Texans Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Texans are currently averaging 23.8 points per game, ranking them 10th in the NFL.
Coming into this week’s game Houston’s passing game is ranked 2nd in passing yards. Additionally, they are positioned 10th in pass attempts, with an average of 35.7 passes per game.
Per attempt, the Texans are averaging 3.6 yards while carrying the ball an average of 27.3 times per contest. In terms of yardage, they are 23rd in the league.
Jaguars Team Defense
On the defensive side of the ball, Jacksonville currently ranks 11th in points allowed. Their opponents have been averaging 20.4 points per game while gaining 341.4 yards per contest.
Texans Team Defense
The Texans’ defense, so far, has an average of 337.9 yards given up per game and 20.8 points per contest (13th). Leading up to the game, they’ve allowed a completion percentage of 69.9% and 10 passing touchdowns. In terms of stopping the run, they are 8th in the NFL.
Jaguars vs Texans Trends
- Across their ten previous road games, Jacksonville has an ATS mark of 8-2. Their straight up record in these matchups was 7-3 while averaging 24 points per game.
- Across their last three home contests, Houston has a 2-1 record vs the spread. Their overall mark in these games was 1-2, while averaging 20 points per game.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Texans have a strong straight up record of 2-1. In addition, their ATS record was 3-0 in these scenarios.
- The last ten games that Jacksonville was favored, they have an ATS mark of 6-4 while going 7-3 straight up.
For a point-spread pick, I like Jacksonville with a -1 spread for this one. Following a strong defensive performance, I expect them to deliver another good outing. I believe Jacksonville will not only secure the win but also cover the spread against Houston.
I’m taking the under with the current over/under line at 48.5. Throughout the season, games involving Jacksonville have averaged 43.4 points per game, and I anticipate this game will not exceed 48.5.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.