NFL Football: New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills
The New York Jets (4-5) travel to face off against the Buffalo Bills (5-5) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Highmark Stadium in Highmark Stadium and televised on CBS. Both the Jets and Bills will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:25 ET.
Jets vs Bills
The Jets Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Jets played on the road vs. the Raiders in week 10, but they came up short, losing by a score of 16-12. Not only did the Jets lose the game, but they also didn’t cover the spread as 0.5-point favorites.
Against Las Vegas, quarterback Zach Wilson had a passer rating of 68 while completing 59% of his passes. Overall, he ended the game with 263 yards through the air.
On defense, the Jets conceded 274 yards of total offense to Las Vegas. 148 of these yards were obtained on the ground, while the team’s secondary allowed 126 yards on 27 pass attempts.
This season, the Jets hold the 3rd position in the AFC-East with an overall record of 4-5. Their non-conference game record is 2-1, and in AFC action, they are AFC.
Taking a look at the Jets’ scoring margin this season, it is currently at -3.1. This has resulted in an ATS record of 4-4-1. Currently, the Jets have an average over/under line of 39.7 points for this season. Their games have been averaging 35.1 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 3-6.
Jets Injury Report
- Justin Hardee – Hamstring (Out)
- Chuck Clark – Knee (Out)
- Ifeadi Odenigbo – Undisclosed (Out)
- Aaron Rodgers – Achilles (Out)
- Duane Brown – Shoulder/hip (Questionable)
- Al Woods – Achilles (Out)
- Billy Turner – Finger (Questionable)
- Wes Schweitzer – Calf (Out)
- Connor McGovern – Knee (Out)
- Kenny Yeboah – Hamstring (Out)
- Chazz Surratt – Ankle (Questionable)
- Alijah Vera-Tucker – Achilles (Out)
- Bradlee Anae – Undisclosed (Out)
- Sam Eguavoen – Hip (Questionable)
- Will McDonald IV – Ankle (Questionable)
The Bills Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Bills had the Broncos as their opponent in week 10. However, the Broncos took them down by a score of 24-22. Besides their straight-up loss, the Bills also failed to cover the spread as 7.5-point favorites.
Facing the Broncos, the Bills rushed the ball 26 times, with James Cook leading the team with 109 yards. Josh Allen attempted 26 passes, accumulating 177 yards and a passer rating of 59.
When it came to defense, the Bills recorded four sacks and two interceptions vs. the Broncos. Additionally, the team’s secondary allowed 178 passing yards, while the rush defense gave up 122 rushing yards.
As the Bills face off against their division rival, they are 5-5 overall and have gone 1-2 in their three division games. Heading into week 11, the Bills are in 2nd place in the AFC-East. When looking at how they have played at home, they are 4-2 so far this year.
With a scoring margin of +7.8, the Bills’ have achieved an ATS record of 3-7 so far. Buffalo games have averaged 44.6 points so far this season, which is 10th in the NFL. Their over/under record is 3-7, with an average OU line of 46.2 points.
Bills Injury Report
- Justin Shorter – Hamstring (Out)
- Christian Benford – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Kameron Cline – Undisclosed (Out)
- Tommy Doyle – Knee (Out)
- Zach Davidson – Knee (Out)
- Kaiir Elam – Ankle (Out)
- Damien Harris – Neck (Out)
- Dawson Knox – Wrist (Out)
- Nyheim Hines – Knee (Out)
- Matt Milano – Lower Leg (Out)
- Micah Hyde – Neck (Questionable)
- DaQuan Jones – Pectoral (Out)
- Tre’Davious White – Achilles (Out)
Jets Offense Breakdown
The Jets come in with an average of 16 points per game which is 27th in the NFL.
New York’s passing offense, heading into this week’s game, holds the 28th ranking in passing yards. In terms of attempts, they are 14th with an average of 34.2 passes per game.
The Jets are currently 16th in the NFL with 103.9 rushing yards per game. This has come on an average of 22 rushing attempts (29th).
Bills Offense Breakdown
Offensively, the Bills have an average of 26.2 points per game, which is 7th in the NFL.
Buffalo’s passing offense, heading into this week’s game, holds the 7th ranking in passing yards. In terms of attempts, they are 11th with an average of 35 passes per game.
At 116.5 rushing yards per game, the Bills are 12th in the NFL. This figure has come on an average of 25.4 attempts (19th).
Jets Team Defense
The Jets are currently 2nd in tackles for loss and 9th in sacks on defense. Their opponents are scoring an average of 19.1 points per game and gaining 307.8 yards per contest against them.
Bills Team Defense
On defense, the Bills are giving up an average of 215.4 passing yards per game and 115.2. In terms of sacks, Buffalo is 2nd among other defenses and they are giving up 18.4 points per game and 330.6 yards.
Jets vs Bills Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, New York has an ATS record of 1-1-1 while averaging 18 per game. The team went 2-1 overall in these games.
- Across their three previous home games, Buffalo has an ATS mark of 1-2. Their straight up record in these matchups was 1-2 while averaging 26 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Jets have a straight up record of 3-7. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-5.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Bills have a straight up record of 5-5. But, their mark vs the spread was just 3-7.
New York’s pass defense did a good job slowing down Las Vegas in their most recent game. Even though they are 7-point underdogs on the road, I like them to cover vs. Buffalo.
Our model sees the over/under line for this matchup being to low and like the outlook of this game surpassing 40.5 points. The betting model spit out this game finishing with a combined 44 points.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.