The Tennessee Titans (3-6) travel to face off against the Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at EverBank Stadium in EverBank Stadium and televised on CBS. Both the Titans and Jaguars will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 ET.
Titans vs Jaguars
The Titans Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Last time they played, the Titans were handed a 20-6 loss by the Buccaneers. In addition to their 14-point loss, the Titans also lost vs. the spread. They were 2.5-point underdogs heading into the game.
Against Tampa Bay, quarterback Will Levis had a passer rating of 53 while completing 48% of his passes. Overall, he ended the game with 199 yards through the air.
In their recent game, the Titans defense was tough against the run defense, allowing only 77 rushing yards. Throughout the game, the Buccaneers managed an average of 2.7 yards per rushing attempt. In total, Tennessee’s defense allowed 340 yards of offensive production.
Taking a glance at the AFC-South standings, the Titans are 4th with a record of 3-6. Within the AFC, Tennessee is currently in 15th place as they enter week 11.
The Titans’ scoring margin heading into this week’s game is at -2.9, putting their ATS record at 4-5. This season, the Titans have an over/under record of 2-7. Their games have seen an average over/under betting line of 40.4 points, and the average combined score per game has been 37.1 points.
Titans Injury Report
- Ryan Tannehill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Taylor Stallworth – Undisclosed (Out)
- Daniel Brunskill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Sean Murphy-Bunting – Thumb (Questionable)
- Caleb Farley – Back (Out)
- Hassan Haskins – Undisclosed (Out)
- Kearis Jackson – Ankle (Out)
- Treylon Burks – Concussion (Questionable)
- Nicholas Petit-Frere – Shoulder (Out)
- Shakel Brown – Ankle (Out)
- Julius Chestnut – Hamstring (Out)
- Chance Campbell – Undisclosed (Questionable)
- Mike Brown – Ankle (Questionable)
The Jaguars Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Jaguars will be looking to get back on track week following their 34-3 loss to the 49ers. The Jaguars had a 31-point loss, resulting in a defeat on their ATS record. They were 3-point underdogs going into the game.
For the game, quarterback Trevor Lawrence attempted 29 passes and finished with 17 completions for 185. His passer rating for the game was 48.
Defensively, the Jaguars allowed 437 total yards of offense against San Francisco. Of these yards, 144 were surrendered on the ground, while the team’s secondary conceded 293 yards on 28 pass attempts.
So far this season, the Jaguars are 6-3 overall which has the team placed 1st in the AFC-South. This record has come while going 2-2 as the underdog and 4-1 when favored.
The Jaguars have put together an above .500 record versus the spread this season, currently at 6-3. Their average scoring margin for this season is +0.7. This season, the Jaguars have an over/under record and have an average margin of -1.7 compared to their over/under lines. Their games have been averaging 42.9 points per game.
Jaguars Injury Report
- Zay Jones – Knee (Questionable)
- Jamal Agnew – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Tyson Campbell – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Chris Claybrooks – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Jaylon Moore – Knee (Out)
- Ventrell Miller – Achilles (Out)
- Parker Washington – Knee (Out)
- Christian Braswell – Hamstring (Out)
- Cooper Hodges – Knee (Out)
- Leonard Taylor – Undisclosed (Out)
Titans Offense Breakdown
At 17.1 points per contest, the Tennessee offense is 25th in the league.
This season, Tennessee’s passing offense ranks 28th in passing attempts. With an average of 159.1 passing yards per game, they hold the 31st spot in the NFL.
In terms of rushing, the Titans are averaging 21.9 rushing attempts per game, placing them 24th for rushing yards. They have an average of 3.7 yards per rushing attempt.
Jaguars Offense Breakdown
Jacksonville’s offense comes in with an average of 21.8 points per game, which is currently 14th in the league.
Looking at their performance in the passing game so far, Jacksonville is 17th in passing yards per game, where they have an average of 221.4. Additionally, their passing yards per attempt of 6.5, places them 13 in the league.
On the ground, the Jaguars have ran the ball an average of 28.2 times per game and are 14th in rushing yards. So far, they are averaging 3.8 yards per rushing attempt.
Titans Team Defense
In terms of yards allowed, the Titans are 5th in the league while giving up 301.8 yards per contest. Tennessee’s defense has allowed 20 points per game, placing them 9th in the NFL.
Jaguars Team Defense
The Jaguars currently rank 17th in tackles for loss and 14th in sacks on the defensive side. Their opponents are averaging 21.1 points per game and 353.2 yards per contest against them.
Titans vs Jaguars Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Tennessee has an ATS record of 0-3 while averaging 12 per game. The team went 0-3 overall in these games.
- The Jaguars are 3-0 ATS in their last three home games and 3-0 straight-up.
- Going back to their last three games as the underdog, the Titans have a straight up record of 1-2. But, their mark vs the spread was just 1-2.
- In their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Jaguars have a straight up record of 6-4 and an ATS mark of 5-5.
Even though the Titans are 6.5 point road underdogs vs. the Jaguars, I like the Titans to cover the spread. Tennessee’s defense closed out their most-recent game with a solid performance and should keep the Jaguars’ offense in check.
Not only does our model have a projected total of 42 points in this matchup, but the eye test has me feeling this line of 40 is low. I like the Titans and Jaguars to exceed 40 points.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.