NFL Football: Minnesota Vikings vs. Denver Broncos
The Minnesota Vikings (6-4) travel to face off against the Denver Broncos (4-5) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Empower Field at Mile High in Empower Field at Mile High and televised on NBC. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Kickoff is set for 8:20 ET.
Vikings vs Broncos
The Vikings Are Coming Off A Win
The Vikings hosted the Saints in 10. This game ended in a 27-19 win for Minnesota. Heading into the game, the Vikings were 3-point underdogs. With the straight-up win, they also covered the spread.
For the game, quarterback Joshua Dobbs attempted 34 passes and finished with 23 completions for 268. His passer rating for the game was 101.
Defensively, the Vikings gave up 280 total yards of offense to New Orleans. Of these yards, 65 were gained through rushing plays, and the team’s secondary allowed 215 yards on 43 pass attempts.
In the NFC-North standings, the Vikings find themselves in 2nd place with a record of 6-4. In the NFC, Minnesota is in 7th place as week 11 approaches.
With a scoring margin of +2.4, the Vikings’ have achieved an ATS record of 6-3-1 so far. So far this season, Minnesota games are 12th in total points. Their over/under record is 3-7 and the average over/under line for their games is 45.4 points.
Vikings Injury Report
- Olisaemeka Udoh – Quad (Out)
- Alexander Mattison – Concussion (Questionable)
- Nick Mullens – Back (Out)
- Marcus Davenport – Ankle (Out)
- Jordan Hicks – Lower Leg (Out)
- Kirk Cousins – Achilles (Out)
- Dean Lowry – Groin (Questionable)
- Chris Reed – Lower Leg (Questionable)
- Brian Asamoah II – Ankle (Questionable)
- K.J. Osborn – Concussion (Questionable)
- Justin Jefferson – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Cam Akers – Achilles (Out)
- James Lynch – Knee (Out)
- Jaren Hall – Concussion (Questionable)
- Akayleb Evans – Calf (Questionable)
- Malik Knowles – Undisclosed (Out)
The Broncos Are Coming Off A Win
In their most recent matchup, the Broncos secured a win against the Bills, with a final score of 24-22. Going into the game, the Broncos were actually 7.5-point underdogs. This resulted in an ATS win for the Broncos.
Offensively, Russell Wilson finished with 193 passing yards while completing 82% of his passes. On the ground, the Broncos ran the ball 38 times for 122 yards. The team went 8/19 on third down.
The Broncos defense is coming off a game in which they struggled to defend the run, conceding 93.60599078341014 first downs on the ground. In total, Buffalo put up192 rushing yards against the Broncos’ defense. In terms of overall yardage, Buffalo finished with 369 yards of offense.
As they approach their game with the Vikings, the Broncos come int with an overall record of 4-5 and have a winning streak of three games. In the AFC-West, Denver currently stands at 4th.
With a scoring margin of -5.8, the Broncos’ have achieved an ATS record of 3-5-1 so far. This season, the Broncos have an over/under record and have an average margin of +4.6 compared to their over/under lines. Their games have been averaging 49.3 points per game.
Broncos Injury Report
- Alex Palczewski – Hand (Out)
- Brandon Johnson – Hamstring (Out)
- Eyioma Uwazurike – Suspension (Out)
- Jalen Virgil – Meniscus (Out)
- Jonas Griffith – Knee (Out)
- Caden Sterns – Knee (Out)
- Greg Dulcich – Hamstring (Out)
- Tim Patrick – Achilles (Out)
- Kareem Jackson – Suspension (Out)
- K’Waun Williams – Ankle (Out)
Vikings Offense Breakdown
With an average of 23.3 points per contest, the Minnesota offense currently ranks 11th in the league.
Minnesota currently ranks 3rd in passing attempts and has an average of 7.1 yards per attempt (7). With 272.4 passing yards per game, they are positioned 3rd in the league.
In terms of rushing, the Vikings are averaging 23.1 rushing attempts per game, placing them 27th for rushing yards. They have an average of 3.6 yards per rushing attempt.
Broncos Offense Breakdown
Offensively, the Broncos have an average of 21.8 points per game, which positions them 14th in the NFL.
Denver is presently 24th in passing attempts, with an average of 6.3 yards per attempt (15). Their 184.6 passing yards per game also place them 27th in the league.
At 117.3 rushing yards per game, the Broncos are 11th in the NFL. This figure has come on an average of 25.8 attempts (17th).
Vikings Team Defense
The Vikings defense takes on the Broncos having given up an average of 20.9 points per game. So far, they are 10th in quarterback hits and are giving up 323.2 yards per contest.
Broncos Team Defense
In terms of defense, the Broncos hold the 14th position in tackles for loss and are ranked 15th in sacks. Opponents are managing to score an average of 27.6 points and gain 401.8 yards per game against them.
Vikings vs Broncos Trends
- Across the Vikings last ten road games, the team averaged 24 points per game while allowing 23. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 6-2-2, while going 7-3 straight-up.
- Through their last five home contests, the Broncos offense has averaged 21 points per game while allowing an average of 33. Denver posted an overall record of 2-3 while going 2-2-1 ATS.
- The Vikings have played well in their last five games as the betting underdog, going 3-2 straight up and 3-2 against the spread.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the favorite, the Broncos have a straight up record of 2-3. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-3-1.
After a lackluster performance in the passing game against Buffalo, I’m not expecting Denver to bounce back quickly. This is why I’m leaning towards Minnesota as 2.5-point underdogs.
If you’re looking for a pick on the over/under, the data we have suggests this game finishing below 43.5 points. For this game, my money is on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.