The Presbyterian Blue Hose (7-6) travel to face off against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-3) on Thursday, December 21st. This game will be played at Lawrence Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem and televised on ACC. Wake Forest is coming off a win in their previous game, while Presbyterian is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Furman. Tip-off is set for 3:00 ET.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons
The Presbyterian Blue Hose Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today marks the 14th game of the season for Presbyterian and they currently have a record of 7-6. As the visiting team, the Blue Hose have a 3-2 record, while at home they are 2-2 this season. As of today’s game, Presbyterian has a 5-4 record against the spread for the season. However, in their last five games, they are 1-3 vs. the spread.
Looking at their over/under performance through 13 games, Presbyterian has an over/under record of 5-4-0, with their games averaging 145.8 points per game on average. When assessing the Blue Hose’s performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 1-1, with their games averaging 160 points per game.
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons Are Coming Off A Win
In today’s game, Wake Forest, who currently have a 7-3 record, will be facing Presbyterian. So far, the Demon Deacons have played one road game and have a 0-1 record, while they have gone 4-2 at home. Heading into their game against Presbyterian, Wake Forest has a current ATS record of 3-4. Over their last five games, the team has gone 3-2 vs. the spread.
Wake Forest comes in with an over/under record of 3-4-0 through 10 games, with their games averaging a combined 151.6 points per game so far. When assessing the Demon Deacons’ performance in their last three games, their over/under record stands at 1-2, with their games averaging 140 points per game.
Presbyterian Offense Breakdown
In contrast to their season average of 78.2 points per game, the Presbyterian had a below average performance. They scored 61 points against Furman and had a field goal percentage of 39.7%. The team’s top scorer is Marquis Barnett, who enters today’s matchup with an average of 13.8, while Samage Teel also carries a PPG average of 11.8 into the game.
|Marquis Barnett (G)
|Samage Teel (G)
|Jonah Pierce (F)
Wake Forest Offense Breakdown
The Demon Deacons’ offense finished with 82 points in their previous game, mirroring their current average of 79.9 points per contest. Leading the team in scoring was Hunter Sallis with 24 points. Andrew Carr also added 22 points for the Demon Deacons.
|Hunter Sallis (G)
|Kevin Miller (G)
|Cameron Hildreth (G)
Presbyterian Team Defense
Currently, the Blue Hose’s defense holds the 151st rank in the nation, allowing 70.8 points per game. Against Furman in their most recent game, the Presbyterian defense gave up a total of 76 points while allowing Furman to hit 45% of their shots.
Wake Forest Team Defense
So far, the Demon Deacons’ defense is ranked 108th in the country at 68.4 points per contest. So far, the Wake Forest defense is giving up an average of 9.2 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 10.1 times per game (380th).
Blue Hose vs Demon Deacons Trends
- Across their last three road contests, Presbyterian has a 2-1 record vs the spread. Their overall mark in these games was 1-2, while averaging 71 points per game.
- In their last five games at home, the Demon Deacons have a straight up record of 1-4 while going 1-3-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 72 points per game in these contests.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the underdog, Presbyterian has an ATS mark of 4-5-1 while going 2-8 straight up.
- As the betting favorite, the Demon Deacons have an ATS mark of just 5-4-1 in their last ten games. Wake Forest posted a straight up mark of 8-2 in these matchups.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Demon Deacons vs. Blue Hose matchup, our bet is to grab the Blue Hose at +20. Even though our projections have the Demon Deacons winning 75-68, we see the Blue Hose as the play on the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 145.5 and our model has the Blue Hose and Demon Deacons finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.