Date: October 1st, 2023
Time: 1:00 ET
Location: Caesars Superdome Stadium
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints will face off in a Week 4 NFC South showdown on Sunday, October 1st at Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. Both teams are currently 2-1, and this game could be a must-win for both teams if they want to stay in the playoff race.
Can the Buccaneers Get Win This Week?
As for the Buccaneers, they are coming off a disappointing loss to the Philadelphia Eagles last week. Baker Mayfield had a solid game, throwing for 271 yards and two touchdowns, but the Buccaneers’ defense struggled to stop the Eagles’ offense.
On the other hand, the Saints are also coming off a loss, falling to the Green Bay Packers last week. Derek Carr suffered a shoulder injury in the game, and it is unclear if he will be able to play against the Buccaneers. Meanwhile, if Carr is unable to play, Jameis Winston is expected to start.
Saints Offense vs. Buccaneers Defense
The Saint’s offense has also been productive so far this season, but they have struggled to be consistent. They are averaging 27.7 points per game, which is the eighth-most in the league. The Saints have a number of playmakers on offense, including Alvin Kamara, Jarvis Landry, and Michael Thomas.
The Buccaneer’s defense has been one of the best defenses in the NFL so far this season. Meanwhile, they are allowing just 18.7 points per game, which is the fifth-fewest in the league. The Buccaneers also have a number of playmakers on defense, including Vita Vea, Devin White, and Lavonte David.
If the Saints can get Kamara going and establish the run game, it could open up the passing game for Winston. However, if the Buccaneers can stop Kamara and force the Saints to rely on their passing game, they could keep the Saint’s offense in check.
Key Players for Buccaneers vs. Saints
- Baker Mayfield: Mayfield is the key to the Buccaneers offense. If he can play well, the Buccaneers will have an overall good chance to win.
- Alvin Kamara: Kamara is the key to the Saints offense. If he can play well, the Saints will have a good chance to win.
- Mike Evans: Evans is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He is a big-play threat, and he is also a key part of the Buccaneers offense.
- Marshon Lattimore: Lattimore is one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. Furthermore, he will be tasked with covering Evans, and he will be a key player in the Saints’ defense.
- Vita Vea: Vea is one of the best defensive tackles in the NFL. He will be tasked with disrupting the Saints’ running game and putting pressure on Winston.
Buccaneers vs. Saints Key Matchups
- Baker Mayfield vs. Jameis Winston: Mayfield is a talented quarterback, but he is still learning the Buccaneers’ offense. Winston is a former Buccaneers quarterback, and he knows the offense well. Finally, if Winston is able to start, he will be a dangerous opponent for the Buccaneers.
- Mike Evans vs. Marshon Lattimore: Evans is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, and Lattimore is one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. In the end, this will be a great matchup to watch.
- Vita Vea vs. Alvin Kamara: Vea is one of the best defensive tackles in the NFL, Yet, Kamara is also one of the best running backs in the NFL. Therefore, this will be another great matchup to watch.
Prediction for Buccaneers vs. Saints Game
In conclusion, this is a tough game to pick, as both teams are evenly matched. However, I think the Saints have a slight edge because they are playing at home and because they have more experience in their offense. In the in, I predict the Saints will win a close game, 24-21.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.