The UT Martin Skyhawks (6-4) travel to face off against the North Carolina State Wolfpack (6-2) on Tuesday, December 12th. This game will be played at PNC Arena in Raleigh and televised on ACCN. North Carolina State is coming off a win in their previous game, while UT Martin is looking to get back on track from a loss to the McNeese State. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
UT Martin Skyhawks vs North Carolina State Wolfpack
The UT Martin Skyhawks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The UT Martin Skyhawks enter their game against North Carolina State with a record of 6-4. A win today would bring their road record to .500, which currently sits at 2-3. UT Martin has a sub-.500 ATS record, sitting at 2-5. Over their last five games, the team is 1-3 vs. the spread.
Through 10 games, UT Martin has an over/under record of 5-2-0 with their games averaging a combined 166.9 points per game so far. Looking at the Skyhawks’ last three games, their over/under record is 2-0 with their games averaging 169 points per game.
The North Carolina State Wolfpack Are Coming Off A Win
North Carolina State currently holds a 6-2 record. In their last ten home games, which date back to last year, North Carolina State has a 9-1 record. North Carolina State currently has an ATS record of 3-4, which is below .500. In their previous five games, the team’s ATS record stands at 2-3.
After eight games, North Carolina State has an over/under record of 3-3-1, with their games averaging a combined 149.7 points per game so far. The Wolfpack have an over/under record of 2-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 146 points per game.
UT Martin Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the UT Martin offense ended with 80 points against McNeese State. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 46.3% and made 16 threes. The team’s scoring leader is Jordan Sears, who holds an average of 19 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Jacob Crews is averaging 16.7 points per game this season.
|Jordan Sears (G)
|Jacob Crews (G)
|Issa Muhammad (F)
North Carolina State Offense Breakdown
Coming off their recent game, the North Carolina State offense tallied 84 points in a matchup against Boston College. Their field goal percentage for the game was 44.6%, and they made 8 threes. Jayden Taylor is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 14.9 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, Casey Morsell brings a PPG average of 13.9 into the game.
|Jayden Taylor (G)
|Casey Morsell (G)
|D.J. Burns (F)
UT Martin Team Defense
So far, the Skyhawks’ defense is ranked 232nd in the country at 80.2 points per contest. In their previous game vs. McNeese State, the Cowboys finished with a field goal percentage of 51% and a total of 91 points vs. UT Martin.
North Carolina State Team Defense
At present, the Wolfpack’s defense is nationally ranked 117th, allowing 70.0 points per game. The North Carolina State defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 78 points and allowed Boston College to connect on 6 threes.
Skyhawks vs Wolfpack Trends
- Although UT Martin has a straight up record of 3-7 in their last ten road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 3-7. The team averaged 76 points per game in these games.
- In their last five games at home, the Wolfpack have a straight up record of 2-3 while going 1-4 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 73 points per game in these contests.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Skyhawks have a straight up record of 2-3. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-3.
- The Wolfpack have played well in their last five games as the betting favorite, going 5-0 straight up and 3-2 against the spread.
When looking to get a point-spread pick down in this Wolfpack vs. Wolfpack game, our recommendation is to take the Wolfpack at -17.5. Despite our model showing the Wolfpack winning 77-66, we like Skyhawks as our point-spread pick.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 162.5, and our model projects the Skyhawks and Wolfpack to reach a combined total of 143 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.