Date: October 29, 2023
Time: 1:00 PM ET
Location: Bank of America Stadium
Houston Texans vs. Carolina Panthers
The Houston Texans and Carolina Panthers will face off in Week 8 of the 2023 NFL season on Sunday, October 29th. The matchup will take place at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. Finally, the game is scheduled to kick off at 1:00 PM EST and will be televised on FOX.
Both teams are coming off a bye week. Therefore, they will both be well-rested for this matchup. The Texans are currently 3-3 on the season. Meanwhile, the Panthers are 0-6. However, the Panthers have been competitive in several of their games this season. In the end, they will also be looking to get their first win of the year against the Texans. At the end of the day, they might just have a fighting chance.
Texans vs Panthers Key Players
Houston Texans Players
- C.J. Stroud, QB: The Texan’s quarterback, C.J. Stroud, is the second-year quarterback for the Texans, and he is showing a lot of promise. He has thrown for 1,654 yards, 12 touchdowns, and four interceptions overall this season.
- Jonathan Taylor, RB: Ultimately, Taylor is one of the best running backs in the NFL. He rushed for 1,811 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. Therefore, he is already on pace for another 1,000-yard season this year.
- Michael Pittman Jr., WR: Pittman is the Texans’ top wide receiver. He has caught 33 passes for 459 yards and three touchdowns this season.
Carolina Panthers Players
- Bryce Young, QB: Young is the first-year quarterback for the Panthers, and he is still learning the ropes. However, he has shown some flashes of brilliance this season. Meanwhile, he has thrown for 1,456 yards, eight touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
- Alvin Kamara, RB: Kamara is one of the most versatile running backs in the NFL. All in all, he can run the ball between the tackles, catch passes out of the backfield, and even line up as a wide receiver. Furthermore, he will be a key factor in the Panthers’ offense.
- Chris Olave, WR: Olave is a rookie wide receiver who has been one of the few bright spots for the Panthers’ offense this season. He has also caught 22 passes for 381 yards and three touchdowns.
Texans vs Panthers Top Matchups
C.J. Stroud vs. Panthers’ Pass Rush
The Panthers have a good pass rush, led by linebacker Shaquille Leonard and defensive end Kwity Paye. Meanwhile, Stroud will need to be able to protect the ball if he wants to have time to throw.
Jonathan Taylor vs. Panthers’ Run Defense
All in all, the Panthers’ run defense has been struggling this season. Therefore, Taylor should be able to have a big game on the ground.
Michael Pittman Jr. vs. Panthers’ Secondary
The Panthers have a good secondary, led by cornerback Kenny Moore II. In the end, Pittman will need to be able to get open against him if he wants to have a big game.
Bryce Young vs. Texans’ Pass Rush
The Texans have a good pass rush, led by defensive end Jonathan Greenard and linebacker Christian Harris. Ultimately, Young will need to be able to protect the ball if he wants to have time to throw.
Texans vs Panthers Game Prediction
All in all, this is a tough game to predict. At the end of the day, both teams have their strengths and weaknesses. Furthermore, the Texans have a better offense, but the Panthers have a better defense. In the end, we think the Texans will be able to win this game, but it’s going to be a close one.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.