Date: October 1st, 2023
Time: 1:00 ET
Location: Highmark Stadium
The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills will face off in a Week 4 AFC East showdown on Sunday, October 1st at Highmark Stadium in Buffalo, New York. Overall, both teams are currently undefeated. Therefore, this game could be a big win for both teams if they want to stay in the playoff race.
The Dolphins are coming off a historic 70-20 win over the Denver Broncos last week. In the end, quarterback Tua Tagovailoa threw for 469 yards and six touchdowns in the game. In addition, wide receiver Tyreek Hill had 16 receptions for 299 yards and four touchdowns.
The Bills are also coming off a dominant 37-3 win over the Washington Commanders last week. Quarterback Josh Allen threw for 260 yards and four touchdowns in the game, and the Bills defense held the Commanders to just 136 total yards.
Miami vs. Buffalo Key Matchups
- Tua Tagovailoa vs. Josh Allen: Tagovailoa and Allen are two of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL. Tagovailoa has been on fire this season, and Allen is always a threat to make big plays. Therefore, this matchup should be one of the most exciting in the league this week.
- Tyreek Hill vs. Stefon Diggs: Hill and Diggs are two of the best wide receivers in the NFL. All in all, Hill is a speedster who can take the top off of a defense. In addition, Diggs is a physical receiver who can make contested catches. Overall, this matchup should be another great one to watch.
- Dolphins Offensive Line vs. Bills Pass Rush: The Dolphins’ offensive line has been struggling this season, and the Bill’s pass rush has been one of the best in the NFL. In the end, if the Bills can get pressure on Tagovailoa, it could force him into mistakes.
Dolphins Offense vs. Bills Defense
Overall, the Dolphins offense has been one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL so far this season. They are averaging 43.3 points per game, which is the most in the league. All in all, the Dolphins have a number of playmakers on offense, including Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, and Tua Tagovailoa.
The Bills defense has been good so far this season, but they have also been susceptible to the big play. Meanwhile, the Bills have allowed at least 24 points in all three of their games this season.
If the Dolphins can protect Tagovailoa and give him time to throw, they could have a big day against the Bill’s defense. However, if the Bills can get pressure on Tagovailoa and force him into mistakes, they could keep the Dolphins offense in check.
Key Players for the Dolphins vs. Bills Game
- Tua Tagovailoa: Tagovailoa is the key to the Dolphins offense. If he can play well, the Dolphins will have a good chance to win.
- Josh Allen: Allen is the key to the Bills offense. If he can play well, the Bills will have a good chance to win.
- Tyreek Hill: Hill is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He is a big-play threat. Consquently, he is a key part of the Dolphin’s offense.
- Stefon Diggs: Diggs is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He is a big-play threat, and he is also a key part of the Bills offense.
- Christian Wilkins: Wilkins is one of the best defensive tackles in the NFL. He will be tasked with disrupting the Bills’ running game and putting pressure on Allen.
Dolphins vs. Bills Prediction
In conclusion, this is a tough game to pick, as both teams are evenly matched. However, in the end, I think the Bills have a slight edge because of their defense. Therfore, I predict the Bills will win a close game, 27-23 overall.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.