The Arizona Cardinals (2-8) travel to face off against the Houston Texans (5-4) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at NRG Stadium in NRG Stadium and televised on CBS. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
Cardinals vs Texans
The Cardinals Are Coming Off A Win
After their 25-23 win over the Falcons, the Cardinals will look to pick up another win in week 11. Going into the game, the Cardinals were actually 2-point underdogs. This resulted in an ATS win for the Cardinals.
Arizona quarterback Kyler Murray finished with one rushing touchdown vs. the Falcons and ran for 33 yards. Through the air, Murray had 249 yards passing but did not throw for a touchdown. His overall passer rating for the game was 70.
The Cardinals’ defense finished their most recent game with three sacks and one interception. The team’s secondary gave up 70 passing yards while their rush defense allowed 184 rushing yards.
As we enter week 11, Arizona is in 4th place in the NFC-West with an overall record of 2-8. In the NFC, they are currently in 15th place.
Coming into this week’s game, the Cardinals have been the underdog in all of their games. Their current ATS record is 5-5 on an a scoring margin of -8.7. With an over/under record of 6-4, the Cardinals come in with an average margin of +1.2 relative to their over/under lines. Their games have consistently averaged 43.9 points per game.
Cardinals Injury Report
- Zach Ertz – Quad (Out)
- D.J. Humphries – Ankle (Questionable)
- Pat Elflein – Hip (Out)
- Marlon Mack – Achilles (Out)
- Carlos Watkins – Bicep (Out)
- Elijah Wilkinson – Neck (Out)
- Ezekiel Turner – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Rashad Fenton – Undisclosed (Out)
- L.J. Collier – Bicep (Out)
- Trystan Colon – Calf (Questionable)
- Bobby Price – Undisclosed (Out)
- Hayden Howerton – Undisclosed (Out)
- Jon Gaines II – Knee (Out)
- Emari Demercado – Toe (Questionable)
- Matt Hembrough – Back (Out)
The Texans Are Coming Off A Win
The last time Houston played, the Texans beat the Bengals with a final score of 30-27. While picking up the win, the Texans also covered the spread as 5.5-point underdogs.
C.J. Stroud wrapped up the game with 356 passing yards and a passer rating of 87. Overall, he completed 23 of 39 passes.
In their matchup vs. the Cincinnati offense, the Houston’s defense was thrown against 40 times, yielding 314 passing yards. On passing plays, the Texans allowed a completion rate of 67.5%, and they permitted a total of 380 yards of offense.
In the current season, the Texans hold an overall record of 5-4, placing them at 2nd in the AFC-South. Their performance consists of a 4-2 record as underdogs and 1-2 when they are favored.
The Texans’ have a scoring margin of +2.8 this season, which has led to an ATS record of 5-4. The average over/under line for the Texans this season is currently 42.2 points. So far, their games have averaged 45.4 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 4-5.
Texans Injury Report
- Jimmie Ward – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Ka’imi Fairbairn – Quad (Out)
- Eric Murray – Knee (Out)
- Hassan Ridgeway – Achilles (Out)
- Scott Quessenberry – Knee (Out)
- M.J. Stewart – Shoulder (Out)
- Kendrick Green – Knee (Out)
- Kenyon Green – Shoulder (Out)
- Teagan Quitoriano – Groin (Out)
- Dameon Pierce – Ankle (Questionable)
- Brevin Jordan – Foot (Questionable)
- Charlie Heck – Foot (Questionable)
- Andrew Beck – Ankle/elbow/shoulder (Questionable)
- Nico Collins – Calf (Questionable)
- Jake Hansen – Hand/hamstring (Questionable)
- Jarrett Patterson – Ankle (Out)
- Troy Hairston – Back (Out)
- Henry To’oto’o – Concussion (Questionable)
- Juice Scruggs – Leg (Out)
- DJ Scaife – Leg (Out)
- Jesse Matthews – Knee (Out)
- Kilian Zierer – Ankle (Out)
Cardinals Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Cardinals are averaging 17.6 points per game, putting them 22nd in the NFL.
Arizona currently sits 20th in passing attempts and has an average of 5.3 yards per attempt (21). They are also ranked 29th in the league with 169.4 passing yards per game.
The Cardinals come in with an average of 4.7 yards per rushing attempt while running the ball an average of 26.5 times per game. In terms of total rushing yardage, they currently rank 8th in the league.
Texans Offense Breakdown
As they enter week 11, the Texans offense ranks 9th in the league, averaging 24.1 points per contest.
This season, the Houston’s passing offense is 8th in passing attempts. Their average of 274.3 passing yards per contest, has them 2nd in the NFL.
Per attempt, the Texans are averaging 3.5 yards while carrying the ball an average of 27.6 times per contest. In terms of yardage, they are 22nd in the league.
Cardinals Team Defense
On the defensive front, the Cardinals currently hold the 2nd position in tackles for loss and rank 6th in sacks. Opponents are averaging 26.3 points and 342.6 yards per game against them.
Texans Team Defense
With a matchup against the Cardinals’ offense, the Texans defense has allowed an average of 21.3 points per game so far. They currently are 11th in quarterback hits and are allowing 340.0 yards per contest.
Cardinals vs Texans Trends
- In their last five games away from home, the Cardinals have a straight up record of 0-5 while going 1-4 vs. the spread. The team averaged 10 points per game in this stretch.
- In their last five home games, Houston has averaged 21 points per game while allowing 21. The team’s record in this stretch was 2-3 while going 3-2.
- Spanning across their last three games as the betting underdog, the Cardinals have gone 2-1 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 1-2.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Texans have gone 2-8 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 4-6.
After a strong performance against Atlanta’s passing game, Arizona’s pass defense should play well once again. Despite being 4-point underdogs at away, I like them to cover against Houston.
My choice for this matchup is the under, considering the over/under line at 47.5. Heading into this game, games featuring Arizona have seen an average combined score of 43.9 points, and I believe this game will remain under 47.5.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.