The Atlanta Falcons (4-5) travel to face off against the Arizona Cardinals (1-8) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at State Farm Stadium in State Farm Stadium and televised on CBS. Both the Falcons and Cardinals will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:05 ET.
Falcons vs Cardinals
The Falcons Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Most recently, the Falcons faced off against the Vikings at home. However, they suffered a 31-28 defeat. Not only did the Falcons lose the game, but they also didn’t cover the spread as 3.5-point favorites.
Versus the Vikings, the Falcons finished with 28 rushing attempts, and Bijan Robinson led the way with 51 yards. Meanwhile, Taylor Heinicke had 38 pass attempts, resulting in 268 yards and a passer rating of 75.
Defensively, the Falcons finished the game with four sacks and one interception against the Vikings. The team’s secondary gave up 217 passing yards, while their rush defense allowed 146 rushing yards.
The Falcons’ week 10 matchup vs. Arizona will be their 5th road game of the season. On the road, they have gone 1-3 and are 4-5 overall. In the NFC-South, Atlanta is 2nd and 9th in the NFC.
Taking a look at the Falcons’ scoring margin this season, it is currently at -2.9. This has resulted in an ATS record of 2-7. This season, Atlanta games have seen an average of 39.8 points, which is 23rd in the league. Their over/under record stands at 3-6, with an average OU line of 40.6 points.
Falcons Injury Report
- Ikenna Enechukwu – Leg (Out)
- Josh Ali – Ankle (Out)
- DeMarcco Hellams – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Troy Andersen – Arm (Out)
- Barry Wesley – Undisclosed (Out)
- Matt Hennessy – Knee (Out)
- Ethan Greenidge – Leg (Out)
- LaCale London – Knee (Out)
- Feleipe Franks – Foot (Out)
- Adetokunbo Ogundeji – Foot (Out)
- Avery Williams – Knee (Out)
- Parker Hesse – Undisclosed (Out)
- Drake London – Groin (Questionable)
- Dee Alford – Ankle (Questionable)
- Mack Hollins – Ankle (Questionable)
- Grady Jarrett – Knee (Out)
- Keith Smith – Concussion (Questionable)
The Cardinals Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Week 9 saw the Cardinals take on the Browns on the road, resulting in a 27-0 loss. In addition to their 27-point loss, the Cardinals also suffered a setback in their ATS record. They were 12.5-point underdogs at the start of the game.
Clayton Tune wrapped up the game with 58 passing yards and a passer rating of 20. Overall, he completed 11 of 20 passes.
Following their recent game, the Cardinals defense will look for another strong performance, allowing only 17 first downs versus the Browns. Against the rushing attack, Arizona conceded 113 yards, and in the passing game, they yielded 213 yards.
Heading into their 9th game of the season, the Cardinals are 1-8 overall and 1-3 on the road. The Cardinals are looking to snap a two game home losing streak. In the NFC-West, they are in NFC-West place.
With a scoring margin of -9.9, the Cardinals’ have achieved an ATS record of 4-5 so far. So far this season, the Cardinals hold an over/under record of 5-4. The average over/under betting line in their games has been 42.7 points, and their games have averaged a combined 43.4 points.
Cardinals Injury Report
- Zach Ertz – Quad (Out)
- Damien Williams – Foot (Out)
- D.J. Humphries – Ankle (Questionable)
- Pat Elflein – Hip (Out)
- James Conner – Knee (Out)
- Marlon Mack – Achilles (Out)
- Carlos Watkins – Bicep (Out)
- Elijah Wilkinson – Neck (Out)
- Will Hernandez – Knee (Questionable)
- Rashad Fenton – Undisclosed (Out)
- Kyler Murray – Knee (Questionable)
- L.J. Collier – Bicep (Out)
- Trystan Colon – Calf (Questionable)
- Hayden Howerton – Undisclosed (Out)
- Michael Wilson – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Jon Gaines II – Knee (Out)
- Emari Demercado – Toe (Questionable)
- Matt Hembrough – Back (Out)
Falcons Offense Breakdown
The Atlanta offense is currently positioned 25th in the league, scoring an average of 18.4 points per contest.
In the passing game, the Falcons are averaging 219.9 passing yards per game, which is 17th in the league. So far, 58.7% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
With 124.4 rushing yards per game, the Falcons hold the 9th spot in the NFL. This average is coming on an average of 30 rushing attempts (6th).
Cardinals Offense Breakdown
In terms of offense, the Cardinals are at 16.8 points per game, ranking them 28th in the NFL.
Arizona is currently ranked 31st in the NFL for passing yards per game, with an average of 162.7. In terms of passing yards per attempt, they are at 20 in the league.
On the ground, the Cardinals have carried the ball an average of 26.6 times per game and currently rank 8th in rushing yards. Their average rushing yards per attempt is 4.7.
Falcons Team Defense
Defensively, the Falcons come into the game allowing an average of 197.1 passing yards per game and 106.9 rushing yards. When it comes to sacks, Atlanta ranks 12th among other defenses. Overall, they are giving up 21.3 points on 304.0 yards.
Cardinals Team Defense
The Arizona defense has 10 takeaways this season, positioning them 8th in the NFL. Overall, they are at 26.7 points per game allowed and giving up an average of 352.4 yards.
Falcons vs Cardinals Trends
- In their last three games away from home, the Falcons have a straight up record of 1-2 while going 1-2 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 15 points per game in these contests.
- Although Arizona has a straight up record of 1-9 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 3-7. The team averaged 15 points per game in these games.
- Going back to their previous five games as the underdog, Arizona has an ATS mark of 1-4 while going 0-5 straight up.
- Going back to their previous five games as the favorite, Atlanta has an ATS mark of 0-5 while going 2-3 straight up.
Falcons vs Cardinals Prediction
As the road favorites with a point spread of -1, I’m backing Atlanta to cover. Atlanta’s offense was impressive against Minnesota, and I expect them to maintain that momentum in this week’s game against Arizona.
The analysis we’ve been running for this game has the Falcons and Cardinals finishing with a combined 39 points. With the over/under line sitting at 42, I’m getting a bet down on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.