The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-4) travel to face off against the Florida State Seminoles (6-6) on Wednesday, January 3rd. This game will be played at Donald L. Tucker Center in Tallahassee and televised on ACCN. Both Georgia Tech and Florida State will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 ET.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs Florida State Seminoles
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
So far this season, Georgia Tech has played 12 games and have a record of 8-4. When they have played on the road, they have a record of 3-2 and when they have played at home, they have a record of 5-2. As Georgia Tech prepares to face Florida State, their ATS record stands at 6-5-1. When playing away games, the Yellow Jackets are 3-2 vs. the spread, while at home they are 3-3-1 ATS.
Georgia Tech comes in with an over/under record of 4-8-0 through 12 games, with their games averaging a combined 142.8 points per game so far. The Yellow Jackets have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 140 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
The Florida State Seminoles Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will enter their game against Georgia Tech with a 6-6 record. The Seminoles, on the other hand, have a 1-3 record on the road and a 5-3 record overall. Florida State’s ATS record is currently below .500 at 5-6-1. Over their last five games, the team is 0-4-1 vs. the spread.
Through 12 games, Florida State has an over/under record of 6-5-1 with their games averaging a combined 149.9 points per game so far. The Seminoles’ last five games have culminated with an average of 146 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
Georgia Tech Offense Breakdown
The Georgia Tech offense, in their latest game, managed to score just 64 points versus Nevada. During the game, they attempted 26 three-point shots and had a field goal percentage of 38.6%. Miles Kelly is leading the team in scoring at 14.8 points per contest. Kowacie Reeves has also been a key contributor with a PPG average of 11.7 going into the game.
|Miles Kelly (G)
|Kowacie Reeves (G)
|Baye Ndongo (F)
Florida State Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Florida State offense put up 75 points against Lipscomb. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 40.3% and made 4 threes. Leading the team in scoring is Jamir Watkins, who is averaging 13.2 heading into today’s matchup. Additionally, Darin Green Jr also maintains a PPG average of 13 heading into game.
|Jamir Watkins (F)
|Darin Green Jr (G)
|Baba Miller (F)
Georgia Tech Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Georgia Tech defense is giving up an average of 71.1 points per contest. The Georgia Tech defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 72 points and allowed Nevada to connect on 6 threes.
Florida State Team Defense
Currently, the Seminoles’ defense holds the 201st rank in the nation, allowing 73.8 points per game. Against Lipscomb in their most recent game, the Florida State defense gave up a total of 78 points while allowing Lipscomb to hit 40% of their shots.
Yellow Jackets vs Seminoles Trends
- Across their last five road contests, Georgia Tech has been good against the spread posting a mark of 3-2. Their overall mark in these games was 3-2, while averaging 68 points per game.
- When looking at their past three home matchups, Florida State has an ATS record of 2-1 while averaging 75 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- Georgia Tech has done well both straight up and vs the spread as the underdog, going 2-1 SU and 2-1 ATS in their last three games.
- Over the team’s last three games as the favorite, the Seminoles struggled vs the spread going just 0-2-1. However, they still had a straight up mark of 2-1.
For today’s matchup we are recommending to take the Seminoles to secure the win, with an expected final score of 76-67. When it comes to the spread, we believe they’ll cover at -3.5.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 142.5 and our model has the Yellow Jackets and Seminoles finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.