The Georgia Southern Eagles (0-3) travel to face off against the Kennesaw State Owls (1-1) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Minges Coliseum in Greenville and televised on ESPN+. Both Georgia Southern and Kennesaw State will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:00 ET.
Georgia Southern Eagles vs Kennesaw State Owls
The Georgia Southern Eagles Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As Georgia Southern heads into their fourth game of the year, they will be looking for their first win of the season. In the previous three games where they were the underdogs, they have yet to come out on top. In terms of ATS performance, Georgia Southern is currently sitting at 0-3 heading into today’s game. Over their last ten games, including those from last season, Georgia Southern has gone 5-5 against the spread.
Through three games, Georgia Southern has an over/under record of 2-1-0 with their games averaging a combined 143 points per game so far. The Eagles have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 61 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
The Kennesaw State Owls Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As they prepare for their 3rd game of the season, Kennesaw State currently holds a 1-1 record. Looking back at the previous three games where Kennesaw State was favored, they have a perfect 3-0 record. Examining Kennesaw State’s ATS performance thus far, they enter today’s game with a 1-1 record against the spread. Taking into account their previous ten games, including those from the previous season, Kennesaw State has gone 6-3 ATS.
Up to this point, games involving Kennesaw State have had an average of 150 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 148 points. Their over/under record is 1-1-0. The Owls’ last five games have finished with a combined 81 points per game and an over/under record of 1-3.
Georgia Southern Offense Breakdown
In their most recent game, the Eagles’ offense tallied 68 points, consistent with their ongoing season average of 63.3 points per game. Leading the team in scoring is Deuce Dean, who is averaging 17 heading into today’s matchup. Additionally, Russel Dean also maintains a PPG average of 17 heading into game.
|Deuce Dean (G)||17.0||2.0||2.5|
|Russel Dean (G)||17.0||2.0||2.5|
|Cam Bryant (F)||8.3||4.7||0.7|
Kennesaw State Offense Breakdown
In contrast to their season average of 87 points per game, the Kennesaw State had a below average performance. They scored 67 points against Florida State and had a field goal percentage of 31.9%. Leading Kennesaw State in scoring vs. Florida State was Simeon Cottle with his 18 points. RJ Johnson also added 13 points for the Owls.
|Simeon Cottle (G)||18.0||2.7||3|
|RJ Johnson (G)||11.7||2.0||4|
|Demond Robinson (F)||11.3||11.7||1|
Georgia Southern Team Defense
As they prepare for the upcoming game, Georgia Southern is focused on shoring up their defense, as they are currently allowing an average of 79.7 points per game (156th). In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Georgia Southern’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 49.6% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 42.2% this season.
Kennesaw State Team Defense
Currently, the Owls’ defense holds the 54th rank in the nation, allowing 65.0 points per game. The Kennesaw State defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 94 points and allowed Florida State to connect on 11 threes.
Eagles vs Owls Trends
- In their last ten games away from home, the Eagles have a straight up record of 0-10 while going 2-8 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 65 points per game in these contests.
- Kennesaw State has a 1-2 record in their last three home games. In this stretch, they averaged 68 points per game while allowing 74. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Eagles have a straight up record of 0-3. Their record vs the spread in these games was 0-3.
- As the betting favorite, the Owls have an ATS record of 2-1 in their last three games. In these matchups, their straight up record was 3-0.
We’re calling a win for the Owls, with a final score of 79-64, and we’re taking them to cover the spread. Our recommendation is to bet on the Owls at -5.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 146.5 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.