The Lamar Cardinals (1-1) travel to face off against the Pacific Tigers (1-2) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Alex G. Spanos Center in Stockton and televised on ESPN+. Lamar is coming off a win in their previous game, while Pacific is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Nevada. Tip-off is set for 5:00 ET.
Lamar Cardinals vs Pacific Tigers
The Lamar Cardinals Are Coming Off A Win
After playing two games, Lamar’s overall record is 1-1. In their last three road games, including those from last year, Lamar has gone 0-3. As of now, Lamar has a 1-1 record vs. the spread going into today’s game. In the previous three games, the Cardinals have a 2-0 ATS record and an average scoring differential of +8.
Lamar comes in with an over/under record of 1-1-0 through two games, with their games averaging a combined 158.5 points per game so far. The Cardinals’ have recorded an over/under record of 1-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 90 points per game.
The Pacific Tigers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Pacific is entering their fourth game of the season with a record of 1-2. So far this year, all of the Tigers’ games have been on the road. As of now, Pacific has a 1-2 record against the spread heading into today’s game. When factoring in the previous season, Pacific has gone 6-4 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
In three games, Pacific comes in with an over/under mark of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 138 points per game. The Tigers’ last five games have finished with a combined 77 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Lamar Offense Breakdown
Lamar’s offense is coming off a strong performance, scoring 90 points against UTSA. They had an overall field goal percentage of 35% and made 23/30 free throws. In terms of three-point shooting, the Cardinals offense has been good from outside, hitting 36% of their three-pointers on an average of 26.7 attempts per game. Their overall field goal percentage is currently 41%.
|BB Knight (G)||14.3||2||0.3|
|Terry Anderson (F)||13.3||6||3.7|
|Ja’Sean Jackson (G)||11.7||3||3.7|
Pacific Offense Breakdown
In contrast to their season average of 61 points per game, the Pacific had a below average performance. They scored 39 points against Nevada and had a field goal percentage of 24.6%. For the season, the Pacific offense has struggled to get to the free-throw line, ranking just 331st in terms of free-throw attempts per game. Their overall field goal percentage is currently 37%.
|Donovan Williams (G)||12.7||3.3||1.7|
|Judson Martindale (G)||9.7||2.0||0.3|
|Tyler Beard (G)||6.7||1.7||2.7|
Lamar Team Defense
The Cardinals’ defense is presently ranked 113rd nationally, allowing an average of 75.3 points per contest. In their most recent game, the Lamar defense struggled to defend the three-point line, as UTSA knocked down 11 three-pointers on their way to 82 points.
Pacific Team Defense
On the defensive side, Pacific is currently hovering around the NCAA’s average for points allowed, conceding an average of 77.0 points per game. On average, opposing teams are hitting 5.0 threes per game vs. Lamar. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 25.0%.
Cardinals vs Tigers Trends
- Through their last ten road contests, the Cardinals offense has averaged 66 points per game while allowing an average of 74. Lamar posted an overall record of 2-8 while going 7-3 ATS.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Pacific has an ATS record of 2-3 while averaging 65 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- The last five games that Lamar was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 2-3 while going 0-5 straight up.
- Over the team’s last five games as the favorite, the Tigers struggled vs the spread going just 2-3. However, they still had a straight up mark of 4-1.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Tigers vs. Cardinals matchup, our bet is to grab the Cardinals at +9.5. Even though our projections have the Tigers winning 75-70, we see the Cardinals as the play on the point-spread.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 149 and given that our model is projecting 145 points between the teams, we like the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.