The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (1-1) travel to face off against the Georgetown Hoyas (1-2) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Capital One Arena in Washington and televised on Fox. Mount St. Mary’s is coming off a win in their previous game, while Georgetown is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Rutgers. Tip-off is set for 12:00 ET.
The Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Are Coming Off A Win
Mount St. Mary’s has played two games and currently has a record of 1-1. If they win today, they will have a .500 record on the road, which is currently 0-1. Looking at Mount St. Mary’s’ ATS performance thus far, they enter today’s game with a 0-2 ATS record. Taking into account their last ten games, including those from the previous season, Mount St. Mary’s has a 4-5-1 ATS record.
So far, Mount St. Mary’s’ games have averaged 127.5 points per game with the average over/under line being 133.8 points. The Mountaineers’ last five games have finished with a combined 64 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
The Georgetown Hoyas Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Georgetown enters today’s game against Mount St. Mary’s with a 1-2 record. In away games, the Hoyas are 0-1, while they are 1-1 at home. As Georgetown prepares to face Mount St. Mary’s, their ATS record stands at 1-2. At home this season, Georgetown is 1-1 vs. the spread, and in their previous ten home games, they have a 6-4 ATS record.
Looking at their over/under performance through three games, Georgetown has an over/under record of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 139 points per game on average. The Hoyas’ last five games have culminated with an average of 74 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
Mount St. Mary’s Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Mount St. Mary’s offense ended with 74 points against Coppin State. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 47.2% and made 8 threes. The top scorer for the Mountaineers was Dakota Leffew with 14 points, while Josh Reaves also added 12 to the scoreboard.
|Dakota Leffew (G)||11||3.0||3|
|Josh Reaves (G)||11||0.5||0|
|Deshayne Montgomery (G)||7||1.0||0|
Georgetown Offense Breakdown
In contrast to their season average of 73.7 points per game, the Georgetown had a below average performance. They scored 60 points against Rutgers and had a field goal percentage of 35.3%. The top scorer for the Hoyas was Jayden Epps with 16 points, while Dontrez Styles also chipped in with 15 points.
|Jayden Epps (G)||14.3||1.7||5.0|
|Rowan Brumbaugh (G)||12.7||3.7||2.3|
|Dontrez Styles (G)||12.3||6.3||0.3|
Mount St. Mary’s Team Defense
The Mountaineers’ defense is presently ranked 42nd nationally, allowing an average of 64.0 points per contest. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Mount St. Mary’s’ defense has allowed opponents to shoot 41.4% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 18.9% this season.
Georgetown Team Defense
So far this season, the Georgetown defense has been performing well, ranking 52nd in the country at 65.3 points allowed per contest. Against Rutgers in their most recent game, the Georgetown defense gave up a total of 71 points while allowing Rutgers to hit 45% of their shots.
Mountaineers vs Hoyas Trends
- Across their last three road contests, Mount St. Mary’s has a 2-1 record vs the spread. Their overall mark in these games was 1-2, while averaging 60 points per game.
- Across the Hoyas last three home games, the team averaged 55 points per game while allowing 83. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 0-3, while going 0-3 straight-up.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Mountaineers have a straight up record of 3-7. Their record vs the spread in these games was 4-5-1.
- Through their last three games as the favorite, the Hoyas have an ATS record of 2-1 and a straight up mark of 2-1.
We’re calling a win for the Hoyas, with a final score of 77-66, and we’re taking them to cover the spread. Our recommendation is to bet on the Hoyas at -8.5.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 136 and given that our model is projecting 143 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.