The Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-0) travel to face off against the Oregon State Beavers (2-0) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls and televised on PEAC. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 4:00 ET.
Nebraska Cornhuskers vs Oregon State Beavers
The Nebraska Cornhuskers Are Coming Off A Win
As they prepare for their 5th game of the season, Nebraska remains unbeaten with a 4-0 record. So far, all of their games have been played at their home arena. Nebraska enters today’s game with a perfect 3-0 record against the spread. However, it’s worth noting that last season, when playing on the road, Nebraska struggled and went just 3-12 vs. the spread.
Nebraska comes in with an over/under record of 1-3-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 133 points per game so far. The Cornhuskers have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 76 points per game.
The Oregon State Beavers Are Coming Off A Win
After winning their most recent game by a score of 81-80, Oregon State is now 2-0 for the season. In their previous three home games, including one from last year, Oregon State has yet to win, going 0-3. So far this season, Oregon State has a 0-2 record against the spread. Over their last three games, they are 1-2 ATS with an average scoring margin of +5.
Oregon State’s games have, on average, featured 144.5 points per game leading to an over/under record of 1-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 139.5 points so far. The Beavers’ last five games have culminated with an average of 74 points per game and an over/under record of 4-1.
Nebraska Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Nebraska offense ended with 84 points against Stony Brook. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 55% and made 8 threes. Rienk Mast is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 14.8 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, Brice Williams brings a PPG average of 13 into the game.
|Rienk Mast (F)||14.8||10.8||3.0|
|Brice Williams (G)||13.0||6.0||2.8|
|C.J. Wilcher (G)||8.5||1.8||1.2|
Oregon State Offense Breakdown
Coming off a good offensive performance, Oregon State’s offense scored 81 points against Troy. Their field goal percentage for the game was 42.4%, and they went 26/39 from the free-throw line. The Oregon State offense has been looking to get up shots from outside so far this season, averaging 26 three-point attempts per contest. Overall, they have connected on 30% of their looks from outside this season.
|Jordan Pope (G)||19||3.7||2.7|
|Tyler Bilodeau (F)||15||9.3||1.7|
|Dexter Akanno (G)||14||4.0||1.7|
Nebraska Team Defense
So far, the Cornhuskers’ defense is ranked 8th in the country at 54.8 points per contest. In their previous game vs. Stony Brook, the Seawolves finished with a field goal percentage of 55% and a total of 63 points vs. Nebraska.
Oregon State Team Defense
At this time, the Beavers’ defense is positioned 54th in the country, permitting 65.7 points per game. In their previous game vs. Troy, the Trojans finished with a field goal percentage of 42% and a total of 80 points vs. Oregon State.
Cornhuskers vs Beavers Trends
- Through their last ten road contests, the Cornhuskers offense has averaged 66 points per game while allowing an average of 76. Nebraska posted an overall record of 3-7 while going 2-8 ATS.
- In their last three games at home, the Beavers have a straight up record of 0-3 while going 1-2 vs. the spread. The team averaged 55 points per game in this stretch.
- As the betting underdog, the Beavers have an ATS mark of just 2-3 in their last five games. Oregon State posted a straight up mark of 0-5 in these matchups.
- Through their last three games as the favorite, the Cornhuskers have an ATS record of 2-0-1 and a straight up mark of 3-0.
Coming in as the underdogs at +8.5, we have the Beavers as the way to go on the point spread. Not only do we have them covering, but our projections show they have a good one of winning this one straight-up, if you’re looking for a higher payout on the moneyline.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 135, and our model predicts the Cornhuskers and Beavers to score a combined 143 points. We recommend betting on the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.