The Bakersfield Roadrunners (2-2) travel to face off against the Tarleton State Texans (2-2) on Wednesday, November 22nd. This game will be played at Pavilion in San Juan Capistrano and televised on FloH. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 5:00 ET.
Bakersfield Roadrunners vs Tarleton State Texans
The Bakersfield Roadrunners Are Coming Off A Win
Bakersfield comes into this game with a 2-2 overall record after playing four games. If they win today, they will have a .500 road record, as their current road record is 1-2. Heading into today’s game, Bakersfield holds a 1-3 ATS record. Looking back at their last ten games, including those from the previous season, Bakersfield has gone 4-5 vs. the spread.
So far, each of of Bakersfield’s first four games have surpassed the over/under lines putting their OU record at 4-0-0. In their most recent three games, the Roadrunners’ over/under record is 2-0, with their games averaging 71 points per game.
The Tarleton State Texans Are Coming Off A Win
The Bakersfield Roadrunners currently have a record of 2-2 as they prepare to take on Tarleton State. Looking back at their last ten home games, Tarleton State has a home record of 3-7, which includes games from last year. As of today’s game, Tarleton State has a 2-2 record against the spread for this season. Taking into account the previous season, Tarleton State has gone 3-5 ATS in their last ten games.
Up to this point, games involving Tarleton State have had an average of 137.8 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 134.5 points. Their over/under record is 3-1-0. The Texans have an over/under record of 1-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 76 points per game.
Bakersfield Offense Breakdown
Bakersfield finished with 75 points in their game against Sacramento State. This total surpasses their season-average of 69.4 points per game. Kaleb Higgins is currently the leading scorer for the team, entering today’s matchup with an average of 18.8. Meanwhile, Cameron Wilbon also brings a PPG average of 8.4 into the game.
|Kaleb Higgins (G)
|Cameron Wilbon (G)
|Marvin McGhee III (G)
Tarleton State Offense Breakdown
The Tarleton State offense is coming off a game in which they scored 66 points vs. Austin Peay. Overall their field goal percentage was 45.6% while connecting on 7 threes. Leading the team in scoring is Jakorie Smith, who is averaging 16.2 heading into today’s matchup. Additionally, Lue Williams also maintains a PPG average of 13 heading into game.
|Jakorie Smith (F)
|Lue Williams (G)
|Kiandre Gaddy (F)
Bakersfield Team Defense
The Roadrunners’ defense is presently ranked 101st nationally, allowing an average of 71.0 points per contest. On average, opposing teams are hitting 8.4 threes per game vs. Tarleton State. This has come on three-point shooting percentage of 29.5%.
Tarleton State Team Defense
Currently, the Texans’ defense holds the 77th rank in the nation, allowing 68.4 points per game. Tarleton State’s three-point defense is currently 63rd in the country at 8.2 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 43.5% of their shots vs. Tarleton State.
Roadrunners vs Texans Trends
- Although Bakersfield has a straight up record of 3-7 in their last ten road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 5-5. The team averaged 63 points per game in these games.
- Across the Texans last three home games, the team averaged 65 points per game while allowing 77. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 1-2, while going 1-2 straight-up.
- Spanning across their last five games as the betting underdog, the Roadrunners have gone 2-3 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 1-4.
- Through their last five matchups as the betting favorite, the Texans have a good straight up record, but their ATS mark is just 2-3.
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +5.5, the Roadrunners is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 137, and our model projects the Roadrunners and Texans to reach a combined total of 147 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.