The Bellarmine Knights (1-5) travel to face off against the Louisville Cardinals (2-3) on Wednesday, November 29th. This game will be played at KFC Yum! Center in Louisville and televised on ACC. Both Bellarmine and Louisville will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 ET.
Bellarmine Knights vs Louisville Cardinals
The Bellarmine Knights Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Bellarmine comes into their 7th game of the season with a 1-5 overall record. Looking at their previous ten road games, which includes last year, Bellarmine went 4-6. As of now, Bellarmine has a 1-5 record against the spread heading into today’s game. In their previous five games, they are 2-2 vs. the spread.
Bellarmine comes in with an over/under record of 3-3-0 through six games, with their games averaging a combined 138.2 points per game so far. The Knights have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 67 points per game and an over/under record of 1-3.
The Louisville Cardinals Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Louisville comes into their game against Bellarmine with a 2-3 season record. In their last ten home games, Louisville has not won a single game, with a 0-10 record at home, stretching back to last year. As of now, Louisville holds a 1-4 ATS record leading into their game against Bellarmine. Examining the team’s performance in their previous five games, they are 2-2-1 vs. the spread.
Through five games, Louisville has an over/under record of 3-2-0 with their games averaging a combined 148.4 points per game so far. The Cardinals have an over/under record of 2-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 78 points per game.
Bellarmine Offense Breakdown
The Bellarmine offense is coming off a game in which they scored 58 points vs. West Virginia. Overall their field goal percentage was 33.8% while connecting on 9 threes. Offensively, the Knights hold a season-long field goal percentage of 41%, placing them 328th in the national rankings. When it comes to three-pointers, they are ranked 128th in terms of percentage and 129th in three-pointers made.
|Ben Johnson (G)
|Peter Suder (G)
|Bash Wieland (G)
Louisville Offense Breakdown
In contrast to their season average of 77 points per game, the Louisville had a below average performance. They scored 66 points against Indiana and had a field goal percentage of 35.7%. Coming into the game, the Cardinals offense has strugled with their outside shot this season, hitting threes at a rate of just 27%. On average, they get up 18 three-point attempts per game and are averaging 22 made free-throws.
|Skyy Clark (G)
|Tre White (G)
|Mike James (G)
Bellarmine Team Defense
The Knights’ defense is presently ranked 112nd nationally, allowing an average of 70.7 points per contest. In today’s game vs. Louisville, the Bellarmine defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, Bellarmine made 17 free-throws vs. the Knights.
Louisville Team Defense
On defense, Louisville is currently around the NCAA average in points allowed, giving up an average of 75.7 points per game. In today’s game, the Louisville defense will be looking to once again do a good job defending the three-point line, as they gave up just 5 three-pointers while giving up 74 points.
Knights vs Cardinals Trends
- Bellarmine has a 1-4 record in their last five road games. In this stretch, they averaged 67 points per game while allowing 75. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Cardinals offense has averaged 65 points per game while allowing an average of 82. Louisville posted an overall record of 0-10 while going 5-5 ATS.
- Through their last three games as the betting underdog, the Knights have a strong record vs the spread going 2-1. Their straight up mark in these contests is 1-2.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Cardinals have a straight up record of 5-5. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-8.
We’re calling a win for the Cardinals, with a final score of 90-57, and we’re taking them to cover the spread. Our recommendation is to bet on the Cardinals at -5.5.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 140.5 and our model has the Knights and Cardinals finishing with a combined 147 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.