The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (3-4) travel to face off against the Boston College Eagles (5-3) on Tuesday, December 5th. This game will be played at Silvio Conte Forum in Chestnut Hill and televised on ACCN. Central Connecticut State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Boston College is looking to get back on track from a loss to the North Carolina State. Tip-off is set for 6:00 ET.
Central Connecticut State Blue Devils vs Boston College Eagles
The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Are Coming Off A Win
Central Connecticut State enters their eighth game of the season with a record of 3-4. In their previous ten road games, including those from last year, Central Connecticut State has gone 3-7. Central Connecticut State has a positive ATS record of 3-2-1. In their previous five games, they are 2-2 vs. the spread.
Central Connecticut State’s games have, on average, featured 141.5 points per game leading to an over/under record of 3-3-0. Their average over/under line is currently 138.1 points so far. Over the course of the last five games, the Blue Devils’ games have averaged 138 points per game, along with an over/under record of 2-2.
The Boston College Eagles Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Boston College will be playing their ninth game of the season against Central Connecticut State. Currently, they have a 5-3 overall record. In away games, they have a 2-1 record, while at home they are 3-2. Boston College’s ATS performance shows a 4-4 record heading into today’s game. In home games this season, Boston College is 3-2 against the spread, and in their last ten home games, they have a 5-5 ATS record.
Up to this point, games involving Boston College have had an average of 146.8 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 140.9 points. Their over/under record is 4-3-1. The Eagles’ last five games have finished with a combined 147 points per game and an over/under record of 2-2-1.
Central Connecticut State Offense Breakdown
The Central Connecticut State offense is coming off a game where they scored 78 points against Holy Cross. They posted a field goal percentage of 48.3% and connected on 10 threes. Offensively, the Blue Devils have a season long field goal percentage of 45%, which is 178th in the nation. In terms of three-pointers, they are 233rd in percentage and 239th in three-pointers made.
|Allan Jeanne-Rose (F)
|Kellen Amos (G)
|Jayden Brown (C)
Boston College Offense Breakdown
The Boston College offense is coming off a game where they scored 78 points against North Carolina State. They posted a field goal percentage of 43.3% and connected on 6 threes. Jaeden Zackery was the leading scorer for the Eagles, putting up 20 points. In addition, Quinten Post contributed 18 points.
|Quinten Post (F)
|Claudell Harris Jr. (G)
|Jaeden Zackery (G)
Central Connecticut State Team Defense
So far, the Blue Devils’ defense is ranked 80th in the country at 67.3 points per contest. The Central Connecticut State defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 67 points and allowed Holy Cross to connect on 10 threes.
Boston College Team Defense
The Eagles’ defense is presently ranked 136th nationally, allowing an average of 71.1 points per contest. Against North Carolina State in their most recent game, the Boston College defense gave up a total of 84 points while allowing North Carolina State to hit 43% of their shots.
Blue Devils vs Eagles Trends
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Central Connecticut State has an ATS record of 2-2-1 while averaging 69 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Across their ten previous home games, Boston College has an ATS mark of 5-5. Their straight up record in these matchups was 6-4 while averaging 71 points per game.
- As the betting underdog, the Blue Devils have an ATS mark of just 4-5-1 in their last ten games. Central Connecticut State posted a straight up mark of 2-8 in these matchups.
- In their last five contests as the favorite, Boston College has a poor record vs the spread going 2-3. But, they still put together a straight up mark of 3-2.
For a point-spread wager in this Eagles vs. Eagles game, we suggest taking the Eagles at -15.5. Even though our predictions have the Eagles winning 77-66, we see the Blue Devils as the better choice on the point-spread.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 142.5, and our model projects the Blue Devils and Eagles to reach a combined total of 143 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.