The Connecticut Huskies (4-0) travel to face off against the Texas Longhorns (4-0) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Madison Square Garden in New York and televised on ESPNU. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
Connecticut Huskies vs Texas Longhorns
The Connecticut Huskies Are Coming Off A Win
Heading into their fifth game of the season, Connecticut remains undefeated at 4-0. So far, the Huskies have been favored in all four of their previous games. As of now, Connecticut holds a 3-1 record vs. the spread heading into today’s game. Last season, when playing away games, Connecticut went 7-7 vs. the spread.
After four games, Connecticut has an over/under record of 2-2-0, with their games averaging a combined 148.8 points per game so far. When looking at the Huskies’ last three games, their over/under record is 1-2, with their games averaging 90 points per game.
The Texas Longhorns Are Coming Off A Win
After defeating Louisville 81-80 in their most recent game, Texas now has a 4-0 record. In their previous ten home games, Texas has a 4-6 record, which includes games from last year. As Texas faces Connecticut, their ATS record stands at 1-3. In home games this season, Texas is 1-2 vs. the spread, and in their previous ten home games, they are 4-6 ATS.
After four games, Texas has an over/under record of 2-2-0, with their games averaging a combined 148.5 points per game so far. The Longhorns have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 84 points per game.
Connecticut Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Connecticut offense put up 77 points against Indiana. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 44.6% and made 7 threes. Offensively, the Huskies hold a season-long field goal percentage of 52%, placing them 40th in the national rankings. When it comes to three-pointers, they are ranked 212nd in terms of percentage and 88th in three-pointers made.
|Tristen Newton (G)||17.2||8.2||5.0|
|Alex Karaban (F)||16.0||6.2||1.0|
|Cam Spencer (G)||15.8||3.2||4.2|
Texas Offense Breakdown
The Texas offense is coming off a game in which they scored 81 points vs. Louisville. Overall their field goal percentage was 46.3% while connecting on 2 threes. Kadin Shedrick led the scoring for the Longhorns, contributing 27 points. Additionally, Max Abmas chipped in with 14 points.
|Max Abmas (G)||14.5||3.0||3.5|
|Kadin Shedrick (F)||14.2||4.8||1.2|
|Ithiel Horton (G)||13.5||2.5||2.5|
Connecticut Team Defense
So far, the Huskies’ defense is ranked 11th in the country at 57.2 points per contest. The Connecticut defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 57 points and allowed Indiana to connect on 7 threes.
Texas Team Defense
So far, the Longhorns’ defense is ranked 53rd in the country at 64.8 points per contest. Against Louisville in their most recent game, the Texas defense gave up a total of 80 points while allowing Louisville to hit 43% of their shots.
Huskies vs Longhorns Trends
- Connecticut has played well in their previous three road games, going 2-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 73 points per game while allowing 61. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- Across their five previous home games, Texas has an ATS mark of 2-3. Their straight up record in these matchups was 2-3 while averaging 73 points per game.
- Through their last three games as the betting underdog, the Longhorns have a strong record vs the spread going 2-1. Their straight up mark in these contests is 1-2.
- Connecticut has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS in their last three games.
The Longhorns come in as the underdog at +5.5, making them our top choice on the point spread. We not only expect them to cover the spread but also believe they have a strong chance of winning the game outright, especially if you’re aiming for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 143.5 and our model has the Huskies and Longhorns finishing with a combined 140 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.