The Georgia Southern Eagles (0-6) travel to face off against the Michigan State Spartans (3-3) on Tuesday, November 28th. This game will be played at Breslin Center in East Lansing and televised on BTN. Both Georgia Southern and Michigan State will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30 ET.
Georgia Southern Eagles vs Michigan State Spartans
The Georgia Southern Eagles Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Georgia Southern currently holds a record of 0-6. In their previous ten road games, Georgia Southern has gone 0-10, which dates back to last year. Georgia Southern has a subpar ATS record, sitting at 0-6. Over their last five games, the team is 0-4-1 ATS.
Looking at their over/under performance through six games, Georgia Southern has an over/under record of 4-2-0, with their games averaging 155.3 points per game on average. When looking at the Eagles’ last three games, their over/under record is 2-1, with their games averaging 77 points per game.
The Michigan State Spartans Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As they prepare for their 7th game of the season, Michigan State holds a 3-3 record. Up to this point, all of their games have been played at their home arena. Michigan State’s ATS performance is currently sitting below .500 with a 2-4 record. In their last five games, they are 2-3 against the spread.
In six games, Michigan State comes in with an over/under mark of 1-5-0, with their games averaging 136.5 points per game. The Spartans’ last five games have finished with a combined 72 points per game and an over/under record of 0-5.
Georgia Southern Offense Breakdown
The Georgia Southern offense is coming off a game in which they scored 76 points vs. Northeastern. Overall their field goal percentage was 45.9% while connecting on 12 threes. Offensively, the Eagles have a season long field goal percentage of 39%, which is 384th in the nation. In terms of three-pointers, they are 227th in percentage and 19th in three-pointers made.
|Jamar Franklin (G)
|Russel Dean (G)
|Tyren Moore (G)
Michigan State Offense Breakdown
The Michigan State offense is coming off a game where they scored 68 points against Arizona. They posted a field goal percentage of 40.6% and connected on 5 threes. Tyson Walker led the team in scoring, putting up 18 points. Additionally, A.J Hoggard contributed 15 points for the Spartans.
|Tyson Walker (G)
|Jaden Akins (G)
|Malik Hall (F)
Georgia Southern Team Defense
Coming into the game, Georgia Southern will be looking to improve their defense, as they are currently giving up 85.0 points per game (232nd). Georgia Southern’s three-point defense is currently 112nd in the country at 10.0 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 50.7% of their shots vs. Georgia Southern.
Michigan State Team Defense
In the current season, the Michigan State defense has excelled, sitting 42nd in the nation by allowing 63.5 points per game. Michigan State will look once again to perform well on defense, holding Arizona to just 40% shooting in their most recent game.
Eagles vs Spartans Trends
- Through their last three road contests, the Eagles offense has averaged 77 points per game while allowing an average of 90. Georgia Southern posted an overall record of 0-3 while going 0-2-1 ATS.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Spartans offense has averaged 73 points per game while allowing an average of 75. Michigan State posted an overall record of 3-7 while going 3-7 ATS.
- As the betting underdog, the Eagles have an ATS mark of just 0-4-1 in their last five games. Georgia Southern posted a straight up mark of 0-5 in these matchups.
- Through their last three games as the favorite, the Spartans have an ATS record of 2-1 and a straight up mark of 3-0.
In this Spartans vs. Spartans matchup, our point-spread bet is on the Spartans at -25.5. While we project the Spartans to win 78-66, our recommendation is to bet on the Eagles for the point-spread.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 137.5 and our model has the Eagles and Spartans finishing with a combined 144 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.