The Indiana State Sycamores (1-1) travel to face off against the Rice Owls (1-2) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at Dollar Loan Center in Henderson and televised on ESPN+. Indiana State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Rice is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Texas. Tip-off is set for 6:30 ET.
Indiana State Sycamores vs Rice Owls
The Indiana State Sycamores Are Coming Off A Win
Indiana State comes into this game with a 1-1 record after defeating IUPUI 96-57 in their previous game. In their last three road games, which includes last year, Indiana State is 1-2. Indiana State’s record vs. the spread heading into today’s game is 1-1. Over the last three games, the school has a 1-1 ATS record and an average scoring margin of +10.
In two games, Indiana State comes in with an over/under mark of 2-0-0, with their games averaging 167.5 points per game. The Sycamores’ last five games have finished with a combined 84 points per game and an over/under record of 3-1.
The Rice Owls Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Rice will be playing their fourth game of the season and currently hold a 1-2 overall record. In their last five home games, counting from last season, Rice has gone 1-4. As of now, Rice has a 1-2 record against the spread. In their previous three games, the team has gone 1-2 ATS with an average scoring margin of -1.
Up to this point, games involving Rice have had an average of 155.7 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 148.2 points. Their over/under record is 2-1-0. Over the course of the last five games, the Owls’ games have averaged 81 points per game, along with an over/under record of 4-1.
Indiana State Offense Breakdown
Indiana State finished with 96 points in their game against IUPUI. This total surpasses their season-average of 88.7 points per game. The top scorer for the Sycamores was Robbie Avila with 16 points, while Isaiah Swope also chipped in with 16 points.
|Isaiah Swope (G)
|Ryan Conwell (G)
|Jayson Kent (G)
Rice Offense Breakdown
The Rice offense is coming off a game in which they scored 64 points vs. Texas. Overall their field goal percentage was 38.3% while connecting on 4 threes. The top scorer for the Owls was Anthony Selden with 17 points, while Travis Evee also chipped in with 11 points.
|Anthony Selden (G)
|Max Fiedler (F)
|Travis Evee (G)
Indiana State Team Defense
In terms of defense, Indiana State is currently on par with the NCAA average for points allowed, giving up an average of 73.0 points per game. So far, the Indiana State defense is giving up an average of 9.0 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 10 times per game (252nd).
Rice Team Defense
In terms of defense, Rice is currently on par with the NCAA average for points allowed, giving up an average of 75.3 points per game. In their most recent game, the Rice defense struggled to defend the three-point line, as Texas knocked down 10 three-pointers on their way to 80 points.
Sycamores vs Owls Trends
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Indiana State has an ATS record of 4-1 while averaging 82 per game. The team went 2-3 overall in these games.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Rice has an ATS record of 3-2 while averaging 68 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Owls have a straight up record of 2-8. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-5.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Sycamores have a strong straight up record of 4-1. In addition, their ATS record was 3-2 in these scenarios.
Coming in as the underdogs at +5, we have the Owls as the way to go on the point spread. Not only do we have them covering, but our projections show they have a good one of winning this one straight-up, if you’re looking for a higher payout on the moneyline.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 159, and our model predicts the Sycamores and Owls to score a combined 142 points. We recommend betting on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.