The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (5-2) travel to face off against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-3) on Wednesday, December 6th. This game will be played at Lawrence Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem and televised on ACCN. Wake Forest is coming off a win in their previous game, while Rutgers is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Illinois. Tip-off is set for 6:00 ET.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As they prepare to face Wake Forest, Rutgers comes into their 8th game with a record of 5-2. Looking at their previous five road games, which includes last year, Rutgers has a 3-2 record. With a current ATS record of 4-3, Rutgers is sitting above .500. Last season, Rutgers struggled on the road, going 5-9 vs. the spread. As they prepare for their first road game of the season,
In seven games, Rutgers comes in with an over/under mark of 1-6-0, with their games averaging 127.1 points per game. The Scarlet Knights have an over/under record of 1-2 in their last three games, with their games averaging 130 points per game.
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons Are Coming Off A Win
After playing seven games, Wake Forest currently holds a record of 4-3. In their last ten home games, which includes those from last year, Wake Forest has gone 3-7. Wake Forest has a sub-.500 record vs. the spread, sitting at 3-4. In their previous five games, they are 2-3 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Wake Forest have had an average of 151.6 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 147.1 points. Their over/under record is 3-4-0. When analyzing the Demon Deacons’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 144 points per game and an over/under record of 1-4.
Rutgers Offense Breakdown
The Rutgers offense, in their latest game, managed to score just 58 points versus Illinois. During the game, they attempted 13 three-point shots and had a field goal percentage of 33.3%. One area that the Rutgers offense has been good this season is getting to the line. Currently, they are 36th in free-throw attempts per contest. Overall, they have a field goal percentage of 40%.
|Aundre Hyatt (F)
|Clifford Omoruyi (C)
|Derek Simpson (G)
Wake Forest Offense Breakdown
In their previous game, the Demon Deacons’ offense finished with 82 points, which is right in line with their current average of 78.9 points per contest. The team’s scoring leader is Hunter Sallis, who holds an average of 19.1 as they head into today’s matchup. Additionally, Cameron Hildreth is averaging 17.9 points per game this season.
|Hunter Sallis (G)
|Cameron Hildreth (G)
|Kevin Miller (G)
Rutgers Team Defense
In the current season, the Rutgers defense has excelled, sitting 6th in the nation by allowing 58.4 points per game. In their previous game vs. Illinois, the Fighting Illini finished with a field goal percentage of 33% and a total of 76 points vs. Rutgers.
Wake Forest Team Defense
Wake Forest’s defense is currently in line with the NCAA average for points allowed, allowing an average of 72.7 points per game. In their previous game vs. Florida, the Gators finished with a field goal percentage of 49% and a total of 71 points vs. Wake Forest.
Scarlet Knights vs Demon Deacons Trends
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Rutgers has an ATS record of 4-1 while averaging 63 per game. The team went 3-2 overall in these games.
- Through their last five home contests, the Demon Deacons offense has averaged 72 points per game while allowing an average of 78. Wake Forest posted an overall record of 1-4 while going 1-3-1 ATS.
- As the betting underdog, the Scarlet Knights have an ATS record of 3-0 in their last three games. In these matchups their, straight up record was 2-1.
- Through their previous three contests as the betting favorite, the Demon Deacons have a strong record of 2-1. Their record vs the spread in these matchups is 1-2.
Not only do we have the Demon Deacons winning this one by a score of 76-67, but we see them covering the spread. Our pick is to grab the Demon Deacons at -2.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 139 and our model has the Scarlet Knights and Demon Deacons finishing with a combined 143 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.