The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (0-2) travel to face off against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (1-1) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at Thomas Assembly Center in Ruston and televised on ESPN+. Louisiana Tech is coming off a win in their previous game, while Southern Utah is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Utah State. Tip-off is set for 4:00 ET.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
The Southern Utah Thunderbirds Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Southern Utah is 0-2 heading into their third game of the season. In their last ten road games, which includes games from last year, Southern Utah has a 4-6 record. Heading into today’s game, Southern Utah has a current ATS record of 0-2. Over the last three games, the school has a 2-0 ATS record, along with an average scoring margin of +5.
So far, Southern Utah’s games have averaged 161 points per game with the average over/under line being 140.5 points. The Thunderbirds’ last five games have finished with a combined 90 points per game and an over/under record of 4-0.
The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Are Coming Off A Win
This will be the third game of the season for Louisiana Tech, who currently holds a 1-1 record. In their last five home games, including those from last season, Louisiana Tech has a 2-3 record. Heading into today’s game, Louisiana Tech holds a 1-1 ATS record. Taking into account their performance over the last ten games, including the previous season, Louisiana Tech is 3-6 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Louisiana Tech have had an average of 145 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 139.8 points. Their over/under record is 1-1-0. The Bulldogs’ have recorded an over/under record of 2-0 in their last three games, with their games averaging 83 points per game.
Southern Utah Offense Breakdown
The Southern Utah offense is coming off a game in which they scored 84 points vs. Utah State. Overall their field goal percentage was 50.8% while connecting on 9 threes. The top scorer for the Thunderbirds was Prophet Johnson with 24 points, while Dominick Ford also chipped in with 19 points.
|Prophet Johnson (G)||16.3||4.7||2|
|Dominick Ford (G)||15.7||3.3||3|
|Zion Young (G)||13.0||5.0||0|
Louisiana Tech Offense Breakdown
The Louisiana Tech offense is coming off a game in which they scored 73 points vs. Louisiana-Monroe. Overall their field goal percentage was 43.1% while connecting on 9 threes. Isaiah Crawford led the scoring for the Bulldogs, contributing 24 points. Additionally, Daniel Batcho chipped in with 12 points.
|Jaylin Henderson (G)||17.3||2.3||1.7|
|Isaiah Crawford (F)||17.0||6.3||2.3|
|Dravon Mangum (F)||8.3||8.3||1.7|
Southern Utah Team Defense
Currently, the Thunderbirds’ defense holds the 169th rank in the nation, allowing 79.7 points per game. Southern Utah’s defense is coming off a game in which they allowed the Utah State offense to knock down 63% of their shots on their way to putting up 93 points.
Louisiana Tech Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Louisiana Tech defense is giving up an average of 62.3 points per contest. In today’s game, the Louisiana Tech defense will be looking to once again do a good job defending the three-point line, as they gave up just 4 three-pointers while giving up 63 points.
Thunderbirds vs Bulldogs Trends
- In their last ten games away from home, the Thunderbirds have a straight up record of 4-6 while going 6-4 vs. the spread. The team averaged 75 points per game in this stretch.
- Louisiana Tech has a 1-2 record in their last three home games. In this stretch, they averaged 64 points per game while allowing 72. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Thunderbirds have a straight up record of 4-6. Their record vs the spread in these games was 6-4.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Bulldogs have a strong straight up record of 3-0. In addition, their ATS record was 2-1 in these scenarios.
In this Bulldogs vs. Bulldogs matchup, our point-spread bet is on the Bulldogs at -13. While we project the Bulldogs to win 73-69, our recommendation is to bet on the Thunderbirds for the point-spread.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 149.5, and our model predicts the Thunderbirds and Bulldogs to score a combined 142 points. We recommend betting on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.