The Tennessee Volunteers (4-0) travel to face off against the Purdue Boilermakers (4-0) on Tuesday, November 21st. This game will be played at Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu and televised on ESPN. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 8:00 ET.
Tennessee Volunteers vs Purdue Boilermakers
The Tennessee Volunteers Are Coming Off A Win
Tennessee, who is currently 4-0, has been favored in every game they have played this season. As of today’s game, Tennessee has a 3-1 record against the spread (ATS). On the road this season, Tennessee is 2-0 ATS, while in their previous ten road games, they have gone 4-6 ATS.
Tennessee comes in with an over/under record of 2-2-0 through four games, with their games averaging a combined 136 points per game so far. The Volunteers have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 74 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
The Purdue Boilermakers Are Coming Off A Win
In their matchup against Tennessee, the Volunteers enter the game with an overall record of 4-0. In their previous ten home games, Purdue has a record of 7-3, which includes games from last year. As of now, Purdue holds a 2-1 record against the spread for the season leading into today’s game. Looking back over their last ten games, which includes the previous season, Purdue is 3-6-1 vs. the spread.
After four games, Purdue has an over/under record of 2-2-0, with their games averaging a combined 144.2 points per game so far. The Boilermakers have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 78 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
Tennessee Offense Breakdown
Against Syracuse, the Tennessee had a tough time putting up points compared to their season average of 80.7 points per game. They scored 73 points and posted a field goal percentage of 40% in the game. Leading Tennessee in scoring vs. Syracuse was Dalton Knecht with his 17 points. Josiah-Jordan James also added 15 points for the Volunteers.
|Dalton Knecht (G)||19.7||3.7||1.0|
|Jordan Gainey (G)||13.3||1.7||2.0|
|Josiah-Jordan James (G)||11.3||6.7||1.3|
Purdue Offense Breakdown
The Purdue offense is coming off a game where they scored 73 points against Gonzaga. They posted a field goal percentage of 46.7% and connected on 4 threes. Leading the team in scoring was Zach Edey with 25 points. Braden Smith also added 13 points for the Boilermakers.
|Zach Edey (C)||20.7||10.0||2.0|
|Braden Smith (G)||11.7||6.0||8.3|
|Lance Jones (G)||9.7||2.7||3.7|
Tennessee Team Defense
The Volunteers’ defense is presently ranked 11th nationally, allowing an average of 57.2 points per contest. In their previous game vs. Syracuse, the Orange finished with a field goal percentage of 35% and a total of 56 points vs. Tennessee.
Purdue Team Defense
At present, the Boilermakers’ defense is nationally ranked 20th, allowing 59.0 points per game. Purdue will look once again to perform well on defense, holding Gonzaga to just 37% shooting in their most recent game.
Volunteers vs Boilermakers Trends
- Through their last ten road games, Tennessee has an ATS record of just 4-6. However, their overall record was 4-6 while averaging 67 points per game.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Purdue has an ATS record of 1-4 while averaging 64 per game. The team went 2-3 overall in these games.
- The last five games that Tennessee was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 2-3 while going 2-3 straight up.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Boilermakers have a straight up record of 9-1. But, their mark vs the spread was just 3-6-1.
For today’s matchup we are recommending to take the Boilermakers to secure the win, with an expected final score of 78-66. When it comes to the spread, we believe they’ll cover at -3.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 133.5, and our model predicts the Volunteers and Boilermakers to score a combined 144 points. We recommend betting on the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.