The Wagner Seahawks (1-3) travel to face off against the Providence Friars (5-1) on Tuesday, November 28th. This game will be played at Amica Mutual Pavilion in Providence and televised on FS1. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
Wagner Seahawks vs Providence Friars
The Wagner Seahawks Are Coming Off A Win
Wagner comes into their 5th game of the season with a record of 1-3. In their last ten road games, including those from last year, Wagner has a 3-7 record. As of today, Wagner’s ATS record is 1-3. In away games this season, Wagner is 0-3 vs. the spread, while in their last ten road games, they have a 5-5 ATS record.
In four games, Wagner comes in with an over/under mark of 1-3-0, with their games averaging 123 points per game. Looking at the Seahawks’ last three games, their over/under record is 0-3 with their games averaging 56 points per game.
The Providence Friars Are Coming Off A Win
Providence will face Wagner in their 7th game of the season with a record of 5-1. In their previous ten games at home, Providence has a record of 3-7, which includes last year. Providence’s ATS performance shows a 3-3 record leading into today’s game. In home games, they are 2-3 vs. the spread this season and hold a 5-5 ATS record in their last ten home games.
Providence and their opponents have stayed below the over/under lines in each of their first six games, leading to an OU record of 0-6-0 thus far. The Friars have an over/under record of 0-3 in their last three games, with their games averaging 73 points per game.
Wagner Offense Breakdown
The Wagner offense is coming off a game in which they scored 64 points vs. NJIT. Overall their field goal percentage was 40.8% while connecting on 10 threes. Melvin Council Jr. is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 13.2 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, Tyje Kelton brings a PPG average of 9.6 into the game.
|Melvin Council Jr. (G)
|Tyje Kelton (F)
|Julian Brown (G)
Providence Offense Breakdown
Providence’s offense is coming off a strong performance, scoring 78 points against Lehigh. They had an overall field goal percentage of 51.6% and made 9/13 free throws. Leading the team in scoring was Josh Oduro with 29 points. Bryce Hopkins also added 25 points for the Friars.
|Devin Carter (G)
|Josh Oduro (F)
|Bryce Hopkins (F)
Wagner Team Defense
This season, the Wagner defense has been impressive, holding the 26th position in the country while permitting an average of 61.6 points per contest. Wagner’s three-point defense is currently 23rd in the country at 4.6 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 42.2% of their shots vs. Wagner.
Providence Team Defense
So far, the Friars’ defense is ranked 56th in the country at 64.7 points per contest. So far, the Providence defense is giving up an average of 9.0 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 14 times per game (511st).
Seahawks vs Friars Trends
- In their last three games away from home, the Seahawks have a straight up record of 0-3 while going 1-2 vs. the spread. The team averaged 56 points per game in this stretch.
- Although Providence has a straight up record of 1-2 in their last three home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 1-2. The team averaged 63 points per game in these games.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Seahawks have a straight up record of 0-3 and an ATS mark of 1-2.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Friars have gone 4-6 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 6-4.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Friars vs. Seahawks matchup, our bet is to grab the Seahawks at +22. Even though our projections have the Friars winning 76-67, we see the Seahawks as the play on the point-spread.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 121.5, and our model predicts the Seahawks and Friars to score a combined 143 points. We recommend betting on the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.