The Indiana Hoosiers (3-0) travel to face off against the Connecticut Huskies (3-0) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Madison Square Garden in New York and televised on ESPN. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Tip-off is set for 1:00 ET.
The Indiana Hoosiers Are Coming Off A Win
Indiana is undefeated with a 3-0 record heading into today’s game. In their previous three road games, including last year, Indiana has a record of 1-2. As of today’s game, Indiana has a 0-3 record against the spread. Looking back to last season, Indiana is 3-7 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
In three games, Indiana comes in with an over/under mark of 2-1-0, with their games averaging 145.7 points per game. When analyzing the Hoosiers’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 74 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
The Connecticut Huskies Are Coming Off A Win
Connecticut has a perfect 3-0 record as they prepare for their fourth game of the season. In the previous three games where Connecticut was favored, they are also 3-0. As of today’s game, Connecticut holds a 2-1 ATS record. In their previous ten games, including those from the previous season, Connecticut has an impressive ATS record of 9-1.
Through three games, Connecticut has an over/under record of 2-1-0 with their games averaging a combined 153.7 points per game so far. When analyzing the Huskies’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 87 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
Indiana Offense Breakdown
Coming off a good offensive performance, Indiana’s offense scored 89 points against Wright State. Their field goal percentage for the game was 54.1%, and they went 20/32 from the free-throw line. The team’s top scorer is Kel’el Ware, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 18.3, while Malik Reneau also maintains a PPG average of 15 leading up to the game.
|Kel’el Ware (C)||18.3||10.0||2.3|
|Malik Reneau (F)||15.0||5.3||4.0|
|Xavier Johnson (G)||14.0||2.7||2.3|
Connecticut Offense Breakdown
Connecticut’s offense had a good outing, putting up 87 points against Mississippi Valley State. They achieved a 54.7% field goal percentage and went 18/30 from the free-throw line. The top scorer for the Huskies was Cam Spencer with 25 points, while Donovan Clingan also chipped in with 17 points.
|Alex Karaban (F)||17.0||6.3||1.0|
|Tristen Newton (G)||15.3||7.3||4.7|
|Cam Spencer (G)||15.0||2.7||5.0|
Indiana Team Defense
Currently, the Hoosiers’ defense holds the 85th rank in the nation, allowing 69.0 points per game. In today’s game, the Indiana defense will be looking to once again do a good job defending the three-point line, as they gave up just 3 three-pointers while giving up 80 points.
Connecticut Team Defense
The Huskies’ defense is presently ranked 14th nationally, allowing an average of 57.3 points per contest. The Connecticut defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 53 points and allowed Mississippi Valley State to connect on 11 threes.
Hoosiers vs Huskies Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Indiana has an ATS record of 1-2 while averaging 68 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- Connecticut has played well in their previous five home games, going 3-2 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 73 points per game while allowing 65. The team also performed well vs the spread at 4-1.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Hoosiers have a strong straight up record of 2-1. In addition, their ATS record was 2-1 in these scenarios.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Huskies have gone 8-2 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 9-1.
For a point-spread bet in this Huskies vs. Huskies matchup, we’re leaning towards the Huskies at -12.5. Although our projections show the Huskies winning 75-67, we suggest placing your bet on the Hoosiers for the point-spread.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 144.5, and our model projects the Hoosiers and Huskies to reach a combined total of 142 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.