The Little Rock Trojans (1-1) travel to face off against the Northern Illinois Huskies (2-1) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at GSU Convocation Center in Atlanta and televised on ESPN+. Northern Illinois is coming off a win in their previous game, while Little Rock is looking to get back on track from a loss to the UIC. Tip-off is set for 2:00 ET.
The Little Rock Trojans Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
After two games, Little Rock has a record of 1-1. If they win today, they will be .500 on the road, where they are currently 0-1. Little Rock’s ATS record going into today’s game stands at 1-1. Over the last three games, the school has a 1-1-1 ATS record, accompanied by an average scoring margin of -1.
Up to this point, games involving Little Rock have had an average of 147 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 143 points. Their over/under record is 1-1-0. When analyzing the Trojans’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 79 points per game and an over/under record of 4-1.
The Northern Illinois Huskies Are Coming Off A Win
Heading into today’s game, Northern Illinois holds a 2-1 record overall. In their last five home games, which includes games from last year, Northern Illinois has gone 2-3 at home. As Northern Illinois enters today’s game, their ATS record stands at 2-1. Over their last ten games, which includes the previous season, Northern Illinois has gone 4-5 vs. the spread.
Looking at their over/under performance through three games, Northern Illinois has an over/under record of 2-1-0, with their games averaging 155 points per game on average. Over the course of the last five games, the Huskies’ games have averaged 84 points per game, along with an over/under record of 3-1.
Little Rock Offense Breakdown
Coming off their recent game, the Little Rock offense tallied 71 points in a matchup against UIC. Their field goal percentage for the game was 39.1%, and they made 4 threes. The top scorer for the Trojans was Deantoni Gordon with 19 points, while Jaylen Crocker-Johnson also added 12 to the scoreboard.
|Deantoni Gordon (F)||18.0||7.0||1.0|
|Khalen Robinson (G)||16.5||2.5||3.5|
|Jamir Chaplin (G)||13.0||8.0||0.5|
Northern Illinois Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Northern Illinois offense put up 70 points against Georgia State. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 45.6% and made 4 threes. Offensively, the Huskies have a season long field goal percentage of 47%, which is 128th in the nation. In terms of three-pointers, they are 265th in percentage and 223rd in three-pointers made.
|David Coit (G)||17.8||3.8||4.2|
|Zarique Nutter (G)||15.8||5.2||2.0|
|Philmon Gebrewhit (G)||11.8||2.8||1.8|
Little Rock Team Defense
The Trojans’ defense is presently ranked 117th nationally, allowing an average of 76.0 points per contest. So far, the Little Rock defense is giving up an average of 15.5 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 11.5 times per game (322nd).
Northern Illinois Team Defense
Coming into today’s game, the Northern Illinois defense is giving up an average of 72.2 points per contest. So far, the Northern Illinois defense is giving up an average of 12.2 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 12.5 times per game (376th).
Trojans vs Huskies Trends
- In their last five games away from home, the Trojans have a straight up record of 1-4 while going 2-2-1 vs. the spread. The team averaged 81 points per game in this stretch.
- Across their ten previous home games, Northern Illinois has an ATS mark of 9-1. Their straight up record in these matchups was 6-4 while averaging 75 points per game.
- The last ten games that Little Rock was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 7-2-1 while going 4-6 straight up.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Huskies have a straight up record of 6-4. Their record vs the spread in these games was 6-4.
We’re putting our money on the Huskies to win, and have the projected score sitting at 78-67. We also like them to cover the spread, so our recommendation is to bet on the Huskies at -3.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 157.5 and our model has the Trojans and Huskies finishing with a combined 145 points. Our pick is to take the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.