The Long Beach State Beach (1-2) travel to face off against the Michigan Wolverines (3-0) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Crisler Center in Ann Arbor and televised on B1G+. Michigan is coming off a win in their previous game, while Long Beach State is looking to get back on track from a loss to the San Diego State. Tip-off is set for 7:00 ET.
The Long Beach State Beach Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Heading into their 4th game of the season, Long Beach State has a 1-2 record. In their previous five road games, including last year, Long Beach State has gone 1-4. As of now, Long Beach State’s record against the spread is 1-2 going into today’s game. Taking into account their performance in the previous ten games, including those from last season, Long Beach State has a 4-5-1 record vs. the spread.
In three games, Long Beach State comes in with an over/under mark of 1-2-0, with their games averaging 155 points per game. When analyzing the Beach’s last five games, they have produced a combined average of 77 points per game and an over/under record of 3-2.
The Michigan Wolverines Are Coming Off A Win
In their first three games, Michigan has yet to lose, boasting a perfect 3-0 record. Over their past five games at home, including those from last year, Michigan has only managed to win two. As of now, Michigan holds a 3-0 ATS record going into their game against Long Beach State. Taking into account their performance over the past ten games, including those from the previous season, Michigan has a solid ATS record of 7-2-1.
Up to this point, games involving Michigan have had an average of 163 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 150.8 points. Their over/under record is 3-0-0. The Wolverines’ last five games have culminated with an average of 83 points per game and an over/under record of 4-1.
Long Beach State Offense Breakdown
The Long Beach State offense is coming off a game in which they scored 76 points vs. San Diego State. Overall their field goal percentage was 50% while connecting on 7 threes. Marcus Tsohonis led the team in scoring, putting up 17 points. Additionally, AJ George contributed 15 points for the Beach.
|Marcus Tsohonis (G)||18.7||3.3||1.0|
|Aboubacar Traore (F)||14.0||8.0||4.7|
|Jadon Jones (G)||12.7||3.0||1.7|
Michigan Offense Breakdown
The Wolverines’ offense finished with 89 points in their previous game, mirroring their current average of 93.3 points per contest. Dug McDaniel is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 21.3 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, Olivier Nkamhoua brings a PPG average of 17 into the game.
|Dug McDaniel (G)||21.3||3.7||6.3|
|Olivier Nkamhoua (F)||17.0||8.0||3.7|
|Terrance Williams II (F)||13.3||5.7||1.0|
Long Beach State Team Defense
At present, the Beach’s defense is nationally ranked 114th, allowing 79.7 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Long Beach State’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 45.3% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 31.4% this season.
Michigan Team Defense
The Wolverines’ defense is presently ranked 69th nationally, allowing an average of 69.7 points per contest. Against St. John’s in their most recent game, the Michigan defense gave up a total of 73 points while allowing St. John’s to hit 36% of their shots.
Beach vs Wolverines Trends
- Through their last ten road contests, the Beach offense has averaged 79 points per game while allowing an average of 79. Long Beach State posted an overall record of 5-5 while going 6-3-1 ATS.
- Across their ten previous home games, Michigan has an ATS mark of 6-4. Their straight up record in these matchups was 3-7 while averaging 70 points per game.
- Through their last five games as the betting underdog, the Beach have a strong record vs the spread going 3-1-1. Their straight up mark in these contests is 1-4.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Wolverines have gone 7-3 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 8-2.
For a point-spread bet in this Wolverines vs. Wolverines matchup, we’re leaning towards the Wolverines at -14.5. Although our projections show the Wolverines winning 74-68, we suggest placing your bet on the Beach for the point-spread.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 160, and our model projects the Beach and Wolverines to reach a combined total of 142 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.