The Maryland Terrapins (1-2) travel to face off against the Villanova Wildcats (2-1) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Finneran Pavilion in Villanova and televised on FS1. Both Maryland and Villanova will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 ET.
The Maryland Terrapins Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Today marks the fourth game of the season for Maryland, who currently hold a 1-2 overall record. In their three previous games, the Terrapins are 0-1 on the road and 1-1 at home. As of now, Maryland’s against the spread record stands at 0-3 heading into today’s matchup. Taking into account results from last season, Maryland is 4-6 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
After three games, Maryland has an over/under record of 0-3-0, with their games averaging a combined 125 points per game so far. In the Terrapins’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 62 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 0-5.
The Villanova Wildcats Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
In their previous game, the Maryland Terrapins had a 2-1 record, and the Villanova Wildcats have gone 2-1 in their last three games when they were favored. Prior to today’s game, Villanova has a 1-2 ATS record. When considering the previous season, Villanova is 5-5 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
After three games, Villanova has an over/under record of 2-1-0, with their games averaging a combined 147 points per game so far. Over the course of the last five games, the Wildcats’ games have averaged 78 points per game, along with an over/under record of 2-3.
Maryland Offense Breakdown
The Maryland offense is coming off a game in which they scored 63 points vs. UAB. Overall their field goal percentage was 38.6% while connecting on 6 threes. Jahmir Young is the current leading scorer for the team, with an average of 14.7 as they approach today’s matchup. In addition, Julian Reese brings a PPG average of 13 into the game.
|Jahmir Young (G)||14.7||4.3||5.7|
|Julian Reese (F)||13.0||7.7||0.3|
|Deshawn Harris-Smith (G)||11.0||5.0||1.7|
Villanova Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Villanova offense ended with 72 points against Penn. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 34.9% and made 9 threes. Leading the team in scoring was Justin Moore with 25 points. Jordan Longino also added 14 points for the Wildcats.
|Justin Moore (G)||18.7||4.0||1.7|
|TJ Bamba (G)||11.3||4.7||2.7|
|Tyler Burton (F)||10.7||9.0||1.0|
Maryland Team Defense
Currently, the Terrapins’ defense holds the 30th rank in the nation, allowing 61.0 points per game. So far, the Maryland defense is giving up an average of 9.0 offensive rebounds per game and are turning teams over 14 times per game (448th).
Villanova Team Defense
So far this season, the Villanova defense has been performing well, ranking 47th in the country at 65.3 points allowed per contest. In their previous game vs. Penn, the Quakers finished with a field goal percentage of 51% and a total of 76 points vs. Villanova.
Terrapins vs Wildcats Trends
- In their last five games away from home, the Terrapins have a straight up record of 0-5 while going 1-4 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 60 points per game in these contests.
- Across their three previous home games, Villanova has an ATS mark of 0-3. Their straight up record in these matchups was 0-3 while averaging 67 points per game.
- The last five games that Maryland was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 2-3 while going 1-4 straight up.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Wildcats have a straight up record of 8-2. But, their mark vs the spread was just 5-5.
Not only do we have the Wildcats winning this one by a score of 75-67, but we see them covering the spread. Our pick is to grab the Wildcats at -6.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 133.5 and our model has the Terrapins and Wildcats finishing with a combined 142 points. Our pick is to take the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.