The Norfolk State Spartans (1-0) travel to face off against the Fordham Rams (1-1) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Sports and Fitness Center in Saint Thomas and televised on ESPN+. Norfolk State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Fordham is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Cornell. Tip-off is set for 1:00 ET.
The Norfolk State Spartans Are Coming Off A Win
Norfolk State comes into this game with a 1-0 record after defeating Hampton 75-68 in their previous game. In their last three games as the underdog, Norfolk State has a straight-up record of 0-3. Norfolk State enters today’s game with a 0-1 against the spread (ATS) record. Over the last three games, including the previous season, the team has a 0-1 ATS record and an average scoring differential of +19.
After one game, Norfolk State’s over/under mark is 0-1-0 after posting an over/under record of 19-10-0 last season. The Spartans’ have recorded an over/under record of 0-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 89 points per game.
The Fordham Rams Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Fordham will be entering their third game of the season with a record of 1-1. Thus far, all of their games have taken place at home. As Fordham enters today’s game, their ATS record stands at 0-2. Taking into account results from last season, Fordham has gone 6-4 against the spread in their previous ten games.
Fordham’s games have, on average, featured 141.5 points per game leading to an over/under record of 1-1-0. Their average over/under line is currently 141 points so far. In the Rams’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 74 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 3-2.
Norfolk State Offense Breakdown
The Norfolk State offense is coming off a game where they scored 75 points against Hampton. They posted a field goal percentage of 34.5% and connected on 6 threes. The Norfolk State offense has been looking to get up shots from outside so far this season, averaging 28 three-point attempts per contest. Overall, they have connected on 31% of their looks from outside this season.
|Jamarii Thomas (G)||17||3.7||2.7|
|Jaylani Darden (G)||12||7.7||2.0|
|Allen Betrand (G)||11||4.7||1.3|
Fordham Offense Breakdown
The Fordham offense is coming off a game where they scored 73 points against Cornell. They posted a field goal percentage of 44.6% and connected on 9 threes. Japhet Medor was the leading scorer for the Rams, putting up 17 points. In addition, Josh Rivera contributed 12 points.
|Japhet Medor (G)||17.0||2.0||4.0|
|Elijah Gray (F)||12.5||4.5||1.0|
|Josh Rivera (F)||11.0||6.0||0.5|
Norfolk State Team Defense
This season, the Norfolk State defense has been impressive, holding the 26th position in the country while permitting an average of 59.7 points per contest. Against Hampton in their most recent game, the Norfolk State defense gave up a total of 68 points while allowing Hampton to hit 34% of their shots.
Fordham Team Defense
So far, the Rams’ defense is ranked 75th in the country at 71.0 points per contest. Against Cornell in their most recent game, the Fordham defense gave up a total of 78 points while allowing Cornell to hit 44% of their shots.
- Norfolk State has a 2-3 record in their last five road games. In this stretch, they averaged 73 points per game while allowing 73. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- In their last five games at home, the Rams have a straight up record of 2-3 while going 2-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 66 points per game in these contests.
- Going back to their last five games as the underdog, the Spartans have a straight up record of 0-5. But, their mark vs the spread was just 2-3.
- Over the team’s last three games as the favorite, the Rams struggled vs the spread going just 1-2. However, they still had a straight up mark of 2-1.
Spartans vs Rams Prediction
For today’s matchup we are recommending to take the Rams to secure the win, with an expected final score of 77-66. When it comes to the spread, we believe they’ll cover at -4.5.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 135.5, and our model projects the Spartans and Rams to reach a combined total of 143 points. Our bet is on taking the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.