The Penn Quakers (2-1) travel to face off against the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (0-2) on Saturday, November 18th. This game will be played at Hytche Athletic Center in Princess Anne and televised on DSN. Penn is coming off a win in their previous game, while Maryland Eastern Shore is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Longwood. Tip-off is set for 4:00 ET.
The Penn Quakers Are Coming Off A Win
Penn will be playing their fourth game of the season and currently hold a 2-1 record. A victory today would bring their road record to .500, as they are currently 0-1. As of now, Penn has a 2-1 record against the spread heading into today’s game. When factoring in last season, Penn is 5-4 vs. the spread in their last ten games.
Penn comes in with an over/under record of 1-2-0 through three games, with their games averaging a combined 139.7 points per game so far. When analyzing the Quakers’ last five games, they have produced a combined average of 77 points per game and an over/under record of 1-2-1.
The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Maryland Eastern Shore, who is entering their third game of the season, currently holds a 0-2 record. In their previous three games, including one from last year, Maryland Eastern Shore has a home record of 1-2. Maryland Eastern Shore enters today’s game with a 0-2 record vs. the spread. Taking into account their performance in the previous three games, which includes games from last year, Maryland Eastern Shore holds a 1-1 ATS record and an average scoring margin of 0.
Through two games, Maryland Eastern Shore has an over/under record of 2-0-0 with their games averaging a combined 145.5 points per game so far. In the Hawks’ last five games, the combined scoring average stands at 69 points per game, accompanied by an over/under record of 2-2.
Penn Offense Breakdown
In their recent matchup, the Penn offense ended with 76 points against Villanova. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 51.1% and made 7 threes. Tyler Perkins led the scoring for the Quakers, contributing 22 points. Additionally, Eddie Holland III chipped in with 12 points.
|Tyler Perkins (G)||17.2||7.8||3.0|
|Clark Slajchert (G)||15.8||3.0||3.2|
|Eddie Holland III (G)||10.5||4.0||0.8|
Maryland Eastern Shore Offense Breakdown
Most recently, the Maryland Eastern Shore offense finished with just 61 points vs. Longwood. For the game, they hit 5/20 three-point attempts and a field goal percentage of 33.9%. Chace Davis is currently the leading scorer for the team, entering today’s matchup with an average of 12.7. Meanwhile, Devon Ellis also brings a PPG average of 10.3 into the game.
|Chace Davis (G)||12.7||2.3||1.7|
|Devon Ellis (G)||10.3||6.3||0.3|
|Troy Hupstead (F)||9.0||8.0||1.3|
Penn Team Defense
This season, the Penn defense has been impressive, holding the 49th position in the country while permitting an average of 64.8 points per contest. In today’s game vs. Maryland Eastern Shore, the Penn defense will be looking to do a better job avoiding putting opponents on the line. In their last game, Penn made 21 free-throws vs. the Quakers.
Maryland Eastern Shore Team Defense
The Hawks’ defense is presently ranked 122nd nationally, allowing an average of 76.7 points per contest. Against Longwood in their most recent game, the Maryland Eastern Shore defense gave up a total of 80 points while allowing Longwood to hit 33% of their shots.
Quakers vs Hawks Trends
- Although Penn has a straight up record of 4-6 in their last ten road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 4-5-1. The team averaged 71 points per game in these games.
- Across the Hawks last ten home games, the team averaged 65 points per game while allowing 66. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 5-4-1, while going 6-4 straight-up.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Hawks have gone 3-7 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 3-7.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Quakers have a strong straight up record of 3-0. In addition, their ATS record was 2-1 in these scenarios.
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +11.5, the Hawks is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
Right now, the over/under line for the game is sitting at 141.5 and given that our model is projecting 142 points between the teams, we like the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.