The South Carolina State Bulldogs (1-1) travel to face off against the Samford Bulldogs (0-2) on Friday, November 17th. This game will be played at Pete Hanna Center in Homewood and televised on ESPN+. South Carolina State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Samford is looking to get back on track from a loss to the VCU. Tip-off is set for 7:30 ET.
The South Carolina State Bulldogs Are Coming Off A Win
Heading into their third game of the season, South Carolina State has a 1-1 record. If they come out victorious today, they will have a .500 road record, which is currently 0-1. Heading into today’s game, South Carolina State holds a 1-1 ATS record. Taking into account their previous ten games, which includes the previous season, South Carolina State has gone 4-4-1 against the spread.
Looking at their over/under performance through two games, South Carolina State has an over/under record of 1-1-0, with their games averaging 156 points per game on average. The Bulldogs’ have recorded an over/under record of 1-1 in their last three games, with their games averaging 68 points per game.
The Samford Bulldogs Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Bulldogs have yet to win a game this season, losing their most recent matchup against VCU (75-65). In their first two games, the Bulldogs were favored to win. Entering today’s game, Samford has a 0-2 record against the spread. Last season, playing at home, Samford went 6-7 vs. the spread.
So far, Samford’s games have averaged 141.5 points per game with the average over/under line being 147.2 points. The Bulldogs have seen their last five games conclude with a collective average of 83 points per game and an over/under record of 3-1.
South Carolina State Offense Breakdown
South Carolina State is fresh off a strong offensive showing, putting up 87 points versus North Florida. This output is higher than their season-average of 68 points per game. The team’s top scorer is Mitchel Taylor, who comes into today’s matchup with an average of 13.3, while Omer Croskey also maintains a PPG average of 12.3 leading up to the game.
|Mitchel Taylor (PG)||13.3||3.3||3.3|
|Omer Croskey (G)||12.3||3.7||2.0|
|Jordan Simpson (G)||6.7||1.3||1.0|
Samford Offense Breakdown
In their latest game, Samford offense put up 65 points against VCU. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 34.8% and made 8 threes. The top scorer for the Bulldogs was Jermaine Marshall with 20 points, while A.J. Staton Mccray also added 16 to the scoreboard.
|Jermaine Marshall (F)||12.3||4.7||2.3|
|Achor Achor (F)||9.7||5.0||1.0|
|A.J. Staton Mccray (G)||8.7||3.3||0.3|
South Carolina State Team Defense
The Bulldogs’ defense is presently ranked 102nd nationally, allowing an average of 76.7 points per contest. Against North Florida in their most recent game, the South Carolina State defense gave up a total of 77 points while allowing North Florida to hit 50% of their shots.
Samford Team Defense
On the defensive side, Samford is currently hovering around the NCAA’s average for points allowed, conceding an average of 75.0 points per game. Samford’s three-point defense is currently 35th in the country at 7.0 made threes per game. In terms of overall field goal percentage, opponets have hit 42.9% of their shots vs. Samford.
- In their last ten games away from home, the Bulldogs have a straight up record of 1-9 while going 5-5 vs. the spread. The team averaged 67 points per game in this stretch.
- Through their last ten home games, Samford has an ATS record of just 5-5. However, their overall record was 6-4 while averaging 73 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Bulldogs have a straight up record of 1-4. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-2-1.
- As the betting favorite, the Bulldogs have an ATS mark of just 5-5 in their last ten games. Samford posted a straight up mark of 8-2 in these matchups.
Bulldogs vs Bulldogs Prediction
The Samford Bulldogs is our pick to not only win with a projected score of 73-70. But we also favor them to cover the spread. Our bet is on the Sanford Bulldogs at -16.5.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 157, and our model predicts the Bulldogs and Bulldogs to score a combined 143 points. We recommend betting on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.