The Western Michigan Broncos (0-3) travel to face off against the Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Value City Arena in Columbus and televised on BTN. Ohio State is coming off a win in their previous game, while Western Michigan is looking to get back on track from a loss to the Northwestern. Tip-off is set for 4:00 ET.
The Western Michigan Broncos Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
As of today, the Broncos are winless at 0-3, after losing their most recent game to Northwestern (63-59). In their last three road games, which includes games from last year, Western Michigan is 0-3. As Western Michigan enters today’s game, their ATS record stands at 0-3. Including the previous season, Western Michigan is 3-7 against the spread in their last ten games.
Through three games, Western Michigan has an over/under record of 1-2-0 with their games averaging a combined 141.7 points per game so far. The Broncos’ last five games have finished with a combined 69 points per game and an over/under record of 2-3.
The Ohio State Buckeyes Are Coming Off A Win
Ohio State heads into their fourth game of the season with a 2-1 overall record. In their previous five home games, Ohio State has a 3-2 record. Heading into their game against Western Michigan, Ohio State has a current ATS record of 0-3. Over their last ten games, including the previous season, Ohio State has gone 3-7 vs. the spread.
Up to this point, games involving Ohio State have had an average of 139.7 points per game, with the average over/under line set at 138.8 points. Their over/under record is 2-1-0. Over the course of the last five games, the Buckeyes’ games have averaged 73 points per game, along with an over/under record of 3-2.
Western Michigan Offense Breakdown
The Western Michigan offense, in their latest game, managed to score just 59 points versus Northwestern. During the game, they attempted 25 three-point shots and had a field goal percentage of 41.5%. Leading the team in scoring was Seth Hubbard with 17 points. Titus Wright also added 9 points for the Broncos.
|Seth Hubbard (G)||14.7||4.0||1.3|
|Titus Wright (C)||9.0||7.3||0.0|
|Jefferson Monegro (G)||8.7||3.3||4.7|
Ohio State Offense Breakdown
The Buckeyes’ offense wrapped up their last game with 76 points, aligning closely with their current season average of 73.7 points per contest. Roddy Gayle Jr. led the scoring for the Buckeyes, contributing 20 points. Additionally, Jamison Battle chipped in with 13 points.
|Bruce Thornton (G)||16.3||1.7||4.3|
|Roddy Gayle Jr. (G)||15.3||6.3||4.7|
|Zed Key (F)||12.0||9.0||0.0|
Western Michigan Team Defense
On defense, Western Michigan is currently around the NCAA average in points allowed, giving up an average of 73.3 points per game. In terms of field goal percentage allowed, Western Michigan’s defense has allowed opponents to shoot 43.1% from the field, including a three-point shooting percentage allowed of 31.8% this season.
Ohio State Team Defense
This season, the Ohio State defense has been impressive, holding the 63rd position in the country while permitting an average of 66.0 points per contest. The Ohio State defense is coming off a game in which they gave up a total of 52 points and allowed Merrimack College to connect on 8 threes.
Broncos vs Buckeyes Trends
- In their last three games away from home, the Broncos have a straight up record of 0-3 while going 1-2 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 60 points per game in these contests.
- When looking at their past three matchups at home, Ohio State has an ATS record of 2-1 while averaging 69 per game. The team went 2-1 overall in these games.
- As the betting underdog, the Broncos have an ATS mark of just 1-4 in their last five games. Western Michigan posted a straight up mark of 0-5 in these matchups.
- In their last five contests as the favorite, Ohio State has a poor record vs the spread going 2-3. But, they still put together a straight up mark of 4-1.
For a pick on the point-spread in this Buckeyes vs. Broncos matchup, our bet is to grab the Broncos at +22. Even though our projections have the Buckeyes winning 75-67, we see the Broncos as the play on the point-spread.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 141.5, and our model predicts the Broncos and Buckeyes to score a combined 142 points. We recommend betting on the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.