The Kansas City Chiefs (7-3) travel to face off against the Las Vegas Raiders (5-6) on Sunday, November 26th. This game will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Allegiant Stadium and televised on CBS. Both the Chiefs and Raiders will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:25 ET.
Chiefs vs Raiders
The Chiefs Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Most recently, the Chiefs hosted the Eagles. The game ended in a 21-17 loss for Kansas City. Given that the Chiefs were favored by 3, they were also handed a loss vs. the spread.
Looking at their performance on offense, Patrick Mahomes threw for 177 yards while completing 55% of his passes. On the ground, the Chiefs rushed the ball 30 times for 168 yards. The team’s third-down performance stood at 8/17.
In their most recent matchup against the Eagles, the Chiefs defense gave up 84.09598214285715 first downs on the ground. In total, Philadelphia managed to gain 114 rushing yards against the Chiefs’ defense. Against the pass, they gave up 124 yards.
On the road, the Chiefs have a record of 3-1 this season and are 7-3 overall. When looking at the standings, Kansas City is 2nd in the AFC and 1st in the AFC-West. On the road, Kansas City has gone 3-1 thus far.
The Chiefs have put together a record of 6-4 against the spread. This mark has come on an average scoring margin of +6.1. Throughout this season, Kansas City games have averaged 38.9 points, ranking them 25th in the NFL. They hold an over/under record of 2-8, with an average OU line of 48.4 points.
Chiefs Injury Report
- Mike Caliendo – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- BJ Thompson – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Neil Farrell – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Nazeeh Johnson – Knee (Out)
- Mecole Hardman Jr. – Thumb (Questionable)
- Nick Bolton – Wrist (Out)
- Malik Herring – Gameday Inactive (Out)
- Justyn Ross – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Prince Tega Wanogho – Quad (Out)
- Cole Christiansen – Hamstring (Out)
- Jody Fortson – Shoulder (Out)
- Richie James – Knee (Out)
The Raiders Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
After their 20-13 loss to the Dolphins, the Raiders are looking to bounce back in week 12. Despite the loss to Miami, the Raiders did cover the spread. They were 14-point underdogs before the game.
Against the Dolphins, quarterback Aidan O’Connell completed 24 of 41 passes for 271 yards and a passer rating of 56. For the game, O’Connell finished with one passing touchdown.
The Raiders’ defense concluded their last game with one sack and three interceptions. The team’s secondary conceded 323 passing yards, while their rush defense gave up 99 rushing yards.
This season, the Raiders hold the 3rd position in the AFC-West with an overall record of 5-6. In non-conference games, they have a record of 2-2, and in AFC action, they are 3-4.
So far this season, the Raiders are above .500 vs. the spread at 6-5. Their average scoring margin this season is -3.6. This season, the Raiders have an over/under record of 2-9. Their games have seen an average over/under betting line of 42.9 points, and the average combined score per game has been 37.3 points.
Raiders Injury Report
- Brandon Facyson – Shin (Out)
- Kolton Miller – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Austin Walter – Undisclosed (Out)
- Roderic Teamer – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Marcus Epps – Neck (Questionable)
- Darien Butler – Undisclosed (Out)
- Brittain Brown – Undisclosed (Out)
- Dalton Wagner – Undisclosed (Out)
- Kana’i Mauga – Knee (Out)
Chiefs Offense Breakdown
So far this season, the Kansas City offense has been averaging 22.5 points per game, ranking them 13th in the league.
Kansas City’s passing attack comes in to this week’s game ranked 6th in passing yards. In addition, they are 2nd in attempts, throwing the ball an average of 38.3 times per game.
At 110.2 rushing yards per game, the Chiefs are 14th in the NFL. This figure has come on an average of 25.6 attempts (18th).
Raiders Offense Breakdown
Las Vegas’ offense comes in with an average of 16.8 points per game, which is currently 24th in the league.
Among the other teams in the league Las Vegas ranks 23rd in the NFL for passing yards per game with an average of 198.3. Their passing yards per attempt, 6.1, places them at 16.
Per attempt, the Raiders are averaging 3.3 yards while carrying the ball an average of 23.8 times per contest. In terms of yardage, they are 30th in the league.
Chiefs Team Defense
The Chiefs’ defense, so far, has an average of 283.2 yards given up per game and 16.4 points per contest (3rd). Leading up to the game, they’ve allowed a completion percentage of 60.9% and 12 passing touchdowns. In terms of stopping the run, they are 18th in the NFL.
Raiders Team Defense
The Raiders are 21st in the league in terms of yards allowed, giving up 342.3 yards per contest. Las Vegas’ defense comes in with an average of 20.5 points per game allowed, which is 12th in the NFL.
Chiefs vs Raiders Trends
- Kansas City has played well in their previous 5 road games, going 4-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 22 points per game while allowing 21. The team also performed well vs the spread at 3-2.
- When looking at their past ten home matchups, Las Vegas has an ATS record of 4-6 while averaging 17 per game. The team went 3-7 overall in these games.
- Going back to their previous three games as the underdog, Las Vegas has an ATS mark of 2-1 while going 1-2 straight up.
- Going back to their previous three games as the favorite, Kansas City has an ATS mark of 1-2 while going 1-2 straight up.
I’m leaning towards Kansas City with a point-spread at to cover in this matchup. After a strong showing in their last game, where they had a solid ground game against Philadelphia, Kansas City should pick up another win and cover. My bet will be on Kansas City to cover the spread before kickoff.
After crunching the numbers, our model is pointing to this game finishing with a combined 45 points. This projection has me feeling good about taking the over at 44.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.