The Dallas Cowboys (6-3) travel to face off against the Carolina Panthers (1-8) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Bank of America Stadium in Bank of America Stadium and televised on FOX. The Cowboys are coming off a win in their previous game, while the Panthers are looking to get back on track from a loss to the Bears. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
Cowboys vs Panthers
The Cowboys Are Coming Off A Win
In their most recent game, the Cowboys picked up a 49-17 win over the Giants. Against the spread, the Cowboys’ 32-point win was enough to cover as 17.5-point favorites.
Facing the Giants defense, Dallas’ offense amassed 640 yards in total. On third downs, the Cowboys converted at a rate of 50%. Rico Dowdle led the rushing game with 79 yards, while Dak Prescott threw for 404 yards.
Defensively, the Cowboys concluded their last game with five sacks and two interceptions. The team’s secondary gave up 61 passing yards, while their rush defense permitted 111 rushing yards.
This season, the Cowboys have achieved an overall record of 6-3, putting them 2nd in the NFC-East. This includes a 0-2 record as underdogs and 6-1 when they are favored.
Against the spread, the Cowboys have a record of 6-3. Their average scoring margin for the season is currently +11.6. So far this season, Dallas games are 7th in total points. They come in with an over/under record of 6-3, with an average over/under line for their games set at 43.8 points.
Cowboys Injury Report
- C.J. Goodwin – Pectoral (Out)
- Leighton Vander Esch – Neck (Out)
- Matt Waletzko – Shoulder (Out)
- Peyton Hendershot – Ankle (Out)
- Josh Ball – Hip (Out)
- Trevon Diggs – Knee (Out)
- DeMarvion Overshown – Knee (Out)
- KaVontae Turpin – Shoulder (Questionable)
- John Stephens Jr. – Knee (Out)
- David Durden – Knee (Out)
The Panthers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
After their 16-13 loss to the Bears, the Panthers are looking to bounce back in week 11. The Panthers had a 3-point loss, resulting in an ATS push. They were 3-point underdogs going into the game.
Offensively, Bryce Young totaled 185 passing yards with a completion rate of 55%. On the rushing front, the Panthers had 16 attempts, gaining 43 yards. The team converted 3 of 15 third-down attempts.
On the defensive side, the Panthers allowed 295 yards of total offense to Chicago. Among these yards, 133 were given up on the ground, while the team’s secondary gave up 162 yards through 33 attempts.
Taking on the Cowboys, the Panthers will look to improve on their record of 1-8. This mark has them in 4th in the NFC-South and 16th in the NFC.
So far this season, the Panthers are above .500 vs. the spread at 1-6-2. Their average scoring margin this season is -9.9. With an over/under record of 3-6, the Panthers come in with an average margin of +1.2 relative to their over/under lines. Their games have averaged 43.9 points per game (combined).
Panthers Injury Report
- Henry Anderson – Foot (Out)
- Shaq Thompson – Leg (Out)
- Justin Houston – Hamstring (Out)
- Tarik Cohen – Hamstring (Out)
- DJ Chark Jr. – Elbow (Questionable)
- Ian Thomas – Calf (Questionable)
- Jaycee Horn – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Brady Christensen – Bicep (Out)
- CJ Henderson – Concussion (Questionable)
- Yetur Gross-Matos – Hamstring (Out)
- Jeremy Chinn – Quad (Out)
- Laviska Shenault Jr. – Ankle (Questionable)
- Giovanni Ricci – Shoulder (Out)
- Stephen Sullivan – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Brian Burns – Concussion/elbow (Questionable)
- Luiji Vilain – Knee (Out)
- Chandler Wooten – Ankle (Out)
- Claudin Cherelus – Knee (Out)
Cowboys Offense Breakdown
So far this season, the Dallas offense has been averaging 29.9 points per game, ranking them 2nd in the league.
In terms of passing yards, Dallas’ offense is 9th in attempts. Their average of 261.2 passing yards per game places them 6th in the league.
Looking at their ground game, the Cowboys have been carrying the ball an average of 29.1 times per game and are 10th in rushing yards. They have an average of 4 yards per rushing attempt.
Panthers Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Panthers are averaging 17 points per game, putting them 26th in the NFL.
In this week’s game, Carolina’s passing game is currently 26th in passing yards. Additionally, they are 2nd in pass attempts, throwing an average of 38.8 passes each game.
The Panthers are currently average 3.8 yards per rushing attempt while carrying the ball an average of 23.6 times per game. In terms of rushing yardage, they hold the 25th position in the league.
Cowboys Team Defense
On the defensive front, the Cowboys currently hold the 6th position in tackles for loss and rank 8th in sacks. Opponents are averaging 18.3 points and 275.1 yards per game against them.
Panthers Team Defense
Thus far, the Panthers’ defense has given up an average of 308.3 yards per game and 26.9 points per contest (27th). Going into this game, they’ve allowed a completion percentage of 65.6% and have surrendered 11 passing touchdowns. When it comes to run defense, they rank 26th in the NFL.
Cowboys vs Panthers Trends
- Through their last five road games, Dallas has an ATS record of just 2-3. However, their overall record was 2-3 while averaging 21 points per game.
- Through their last three home contests, the Panthers offense has averaged 19 points per game while allowing an average of 33. Carolina posted an overall record of 0-3 while going 0-2-1 ATS.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Panthers have a straight up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-1-1.
- Dallas has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS in their last three games.
Look for Dallas’ passing attack to put together another big game, as they are coming off a big performance vs. New York. Favored by 10.5 on the road, I like Dallas to cover.
The analysis we’ve been running for this game has the Cowboys and Panthers finishing with a combined 42 points. With the over/under line sitting at 42, I’m getting a bet down on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.