The Philadelphia Eagles (8-1) travel to face off against the Kansas City Chiefs (7-2) on Monday, November 20th. This game will be played at Arrowhead Stadium in Arrowhead Stadium and televised on ABC. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Kickoff is set for 8:15 ET.
Eagles vs Chiefs
The Eagles Are Coming Off A Win
Taking a look at their latest game, the Eagles defeated the Cowboys by a score of 28-23. Being favored by 3.5 points against the Cowboys, the Eagles came through with an ATS win.
For the game, quarterback Jalen Hurts attempted 23 passes and finished with 17 completions for 207. His passer rating for the game was 130.
On the defensive front, the Eagles allowed 406 yards of total offense to Dallas. Of these yards, 73 were gained on the ground, while the team’s secondary allowed 333 yards on 44 attempts.
As they prepare to face the Chiefs, the Eagles hold an overall record of 8-1 and have secured three consecutive victories. Within the NFC-East, Philadelphia is in 1st place.
So far this season, the Eagles are above .500 vs. the spread at 5-2-2. Their average scoring margin this season is +6.3. To date this season, games involving Philadelphia rank 3rd in total points. Their over/under record stands at 5-4, and the average over/under line for their games is 46.1 points.
Eagles Injury Report
- Grant Calcaterra – Concussion (Questionable)
- Jalen Hurts – Knee (Questionable)
- Shaun Bradley – Achilles (Out)
- Quez Watkins – Hamstring (Out)
- Isaiah Rodgers Sr. – Suspension (Out)
- Nakobe Dean – Foot (Out)
- Cam Jurgens – Foot (Questionable)
- Justin Evans – Knee (Out)
- Bradley Roby – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Roderick Johnson – Undisclosed (Out)
- Avonte Maddox – Pectoral (Out)
- Dallas Goedert – Forearm (Out)
- Boston Scott – Personal (Questionable)
The Chiefs Are Coming Off A Win
The Chiefs had the Dolphins as their opponent in week 9. This game ended in a 21-14 win for the Chiefs. Going into the game, the Chiefs were actually 0.5-point underdogs. This resulted in an ATS win for the Chiefs.
On offense the Dolphins finished with 24 rushing attempts, and Isiah Pacheco was the leading rusher with 66 yards. In the passing game, Patrick Mahomes threw the ball 30 times, accumulating 185 yards and a passer rating of 105.
On defense, the Chiefs conceded 292 yards of total offense to Miami. 117 of these yards were obtained on the ground, while the team’s secondary allowed 175 yards on 34 pass attempts.
This season, the Chiefs have achieved an overall record of 7-2, putting them 1st in the AFC-West. This includes a 1-0 record as underdogs and 6-2 when they are favored.
The Chiefs’ scoring margin for the season is currently +7.2. This has contributed to their ATS record of 6-3. With an over/under record of 2-7, the Chiefs come in with an average margin of -9.7 relative to their over/under lines. Their games have averaged 39 points per game (combined).
Chiefs Injury Report
- Nazeeh Johnson – Knee (Out)
- Cole Christiansen – Hamstring (Out)
- Prince Tega Wanogho – Quad (Out)
- Jody Fortson – Shoulder (Out)
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire – Illness (Questionable)
- Nick Bolton – Wrist (Out)
- Justyn Ross – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Richie James – Knee (Questionable)
Eagles Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Eagles are at 28 points per game, putting them 3rd in the NFL.
As a team, Philadelphia ranks 10th in the NFL for passing yards per game with an average of 247.1. Their passing yards per attempt of 7.3, places them at 5 in the league.
Looking at their ground game, the Eagles have been carrying the ball an average of 32.2 times per game and are 7th in rushing yards. They have an average of 3.9 yards per rushing attempt.
Chiefs Offense Breakdown
Kansas City’s offense is 12th in the league, with an average of 23.1 points per contest.
Kansas City currently sits 5th in passing attempts and has an average of 7 yards per attempt (8). They are also ranked 5th in the league with 264.9 passing yards per game.
The Chiefs have been running the ball an average of 25.1 times per game and currently hold the 17th spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 4.
Eagles Team Defense
Going up against the Chiefs’ offense, the Eagles defense has allowed an average of 21.7 points per game. So far this season, they are 2nd in quarterback hits and have yielded an average of 323.3 yards per contest.
Chiefs Team Defense
The Chiefs currently rank 13th in tackles for loss and 3rd in sacks on the defensive side. Their opponents are averaging 15.9 points per game and 288.2 yards per contest against them.
Eagles vs Chiefs Trends
- In their last five road games, Philadelphia has averaged 25 points per game while allowing 19 . The team’s record in this stretch was 4-1 while going 3-1-1 vs. the spread.
- Although Kansas City has a straight up record of 2-1 in their last three home games, they have not held up as well vs. the spread going 1-2. The team averaged 19 points per game in these games.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Eagles have a straight up record of 0-3 and an ATS mark of 0-3.
- Kansas City has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 4-1 SU and 4-1 ATS in their last five games.
Kansas City’s passing game struggled in their recent matchup against Miami. I don’t anticipate a sudden improvement, which is why I’m favoring Philadelphia as 3-point underdogs.
Not only does our model have a projected total of 53 points in this matchup, but the eye test has me feeling this line of 46 is low. I like Philadelphia and Kansas City to exceed 46 points.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.