The Philadelphia Eagles (11-6) travel to face off against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-8) on Monday, January 15th. This game will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Raymond James Stadium and televised on ABC. The Buccaneers are coming off a win in their previous game, while the Eagles are looking to get back on track from a loss to the Giants. Kickoff is set for 8:15 ET.
Eagles vs Buccaneers
The Eagles Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Week 18 saw the Eagles take on the Giants on the road, resulting in a 27-10 loss. Besides their straight-up loss, the Eagles also failed to cover the spread as 4.5-point favorites.
Offensively, Marcus Mariota finished with 148 passing yards while completing 65% of his passes. On the ground, the Eagles rushed the ball 24 times for 133 yards. The team converted 5 of 13 third-down opportunites.
In their last game vs. the Giants, the Eagles defense struggled to defend the run, giving up 77.20323741007194 first downs on the ground. Overall, New York ran for 109 yards against the Eagles’ defense.
As they get ready to face the Buccaneers, the Eagles carry in a 11-6 record. Within the NFC-East, they are currently in 2nd place and are positioned 5th in the NFC overall.
The Eagles’ have a scoring margin of +0.3 this season, which has led to an ATS record of 7-8-2. At 9-8 vs. the over/under, the Eagles have an average margin of +4.4 versus their over/under lines. This season, their games have a combined average of 50.6 points per contest.
Eagles Injury Report
- Shaun Bradley – Achilles (Out)
- Charleston Rambo – Undisclosed (Out)
- Isaiah Rodgers Sr. – Suspension (Out)
- Roderick Johnson – Undisclosed (Out)
- Trey Sermon – Undisclosed (Out)
The Buccaneers Are Coming Off A Win
The Buccaneers came out on top in their last contest against the Panthers, winning with a final score of 9-0. Against the spread, the Buccaneers’ 9-point win was enough to cover as 4.5-point favorites.
Quarterback Baker Mayfield finished with a passer rating of 72 while completing 20 of his 32 attempts for 137 yards. Mayfield finished the game without a passing or rushing touchdown.
The Buccaneers defense is coming off a game in which they gave up just 11 first downs vs. the Panthers. Against the run, Tampa Bay allowed 131 yards and 68 vs. the pass.
Through 17 games, the Buccaneers have a record of 9-8. This mark has them 1st in the NFC-South and 4th in the NFC.
As the underdog, Tampa Bay has gone 8-3 this season compared to their ATS record of 3-3 as the favorite. At home, the Buccaneers are 3-5 ATS and 8-1 vs. the spread on the road. So far this season, the Buccaneers have been given an average over/under line of 41.2 points. Their games have averaged 39.6 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 6-11.
Buccaneers Injury Report
- Ryan Jensen – Knee (Out)
- Russell Gage – Knee (Out)
- Calijah Kancey – Calf (Probable)
Eagles Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Eagles are currently averaging 25.5 points per game, ranking them 7th in the NFL.
This season, Philadelphia’s passing offense ranks 20th in passing attempts. With an average of 225.5 passing yards per game, they hold the 16th spot in the NFL.
The Eagles are running the ball an average of 30 times per game and currently hold the 8th rank in rushing yards. Per attempt, they are averaging 4.2 yards.
Buccaneers Offense Breakdown
On the offensive front, the Buccaneers are currently averaging 20.5 points per game, positioning them 18th in the NFL.
As a team, Tampa Bay is 17th in the NFL in passing yards per game (224.2). Their passing yards per attempt figure of 6.7 is 9th in the league.
Tampa Bay comes in with an average of 3.5 yards per rushing attempt and have an average of 25.8 attempts per game. In terms of total rushing yards, they are currently ranked 31st in the league.
Eagles Team Defense
Looking at Philadelphia’s defense, they currently stand 29th in points allowed. Opponents have been averaging 25.2 points per game and 356.1 yards per contest against them.
Buccaneers Team Defense
Defensively, Tampa Bay is 7th in the NFL in points allowed. Their opponents have an average of 19.1 points per game while gaining 344.2 yards per contest.
Eagles vs Buccaneers Trends
- In their last three games away from home, the Eagles have a straight up record of 0-3 while going 0-3 vs. the spread. The team averaged 13 points per game in this stretch.
- Across their ten previous home games, Tampa Bay has an ATS mark of 8-2. Their straight up record in these matchups was 5-5 while averaging 22 points per game.
- Through their last five games as the underdog, the Buccaneers have an ATS record of 4-1 and a straight up mark of 3-2.
- Going back to their last three games as the favorite, the Eagles have a straight up record of 1-2. But, their mark vs the spread was just 0-3.
On the spread, I’m taking Philadelphia at -3. I’m expecting Philadelphia’s rushing attack to take advantage of a Tampa Bay defense that struggled to defend the run in their most recent game. Lock in Philadelphia -3.
I’m taking the under with the current over/under line at 43.5. Throughout the season, games involving Tampa Bay have averaged 39.6 points per game, and I anticipate this game will not exceed 43.5.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.