The Carolina Panthers (1-7) travel to face off against the Chicago Bears (2-7) on Thursday, November 9th. This game will be played at Soldier Field in Soldier Field and televised on AMZN. Both the Panthers and Bears will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:15 ET.
Panthers vs Bears
The Panthers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
Last time they played, the Panthers were handed a 27-13 loss by the Colts. With a 14-point loss, the Panthers added a loss to their ATS record as well. They were 1.5-point underdogs prior to the game.
Bryce Young wrapped up the game with 173 passing yards and a passer rating of 48. Overall, he completed 24 of 39 passes.
The Panthers’ defense finished their last game with one sack and three interceptions. The team’s secondary conceded 120 passing yards, while their rush defense allowed 78 rushing yards.
The Panthers come into their matchup against the Bears with a 1-7 record. In the NFC-South, they are 4th and 15th in NFC overall standings.
Coming into this week’s game, the Panthers have been the underdog in all of their games. Their current ATS record is 1-6-1 on an a scoring margin of -10.8. Throughout this season, Carolina games have averaged 45.8 points, ranking them 9th in the NFL. They hold an over/under record of 3-5, with an average OU line of 43.3 points.
Panthers Injury Report
- Justin Houston – Hamstring (Out)
- Vonn Bell – Quadriceps (Probable)
- Shaq Thompson – Leg (Out)
- Henry Anderson – Foot (Out)
- Xavier Woods – Thigh (Questionable)
- Tarik Cohen – Hamstring (Out)
- DJ Chark Jr. – Elbow (Questionable)
- Marquis Haynes Sr. – Back (Questionable)
- Ian Thomas – Calf (Out)
- Frankie Luvu – Hip (Probable)
The Bears Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
After a 24-17 loss to the Saints, the Bears are looking to get back on track this week. The Bears covered the spread despite their loss to New Orleans. They were underdogs by 8.5 before the game.
Offensively, the Bear’s Tyson Bagent totaled 220 passing yards with a completion rate of 60%. On the rushing front, the Bears had 32 attempts, gaining 156 yards. The team converted 6 of 12 third-down attempts.
On the defensive front, the Bears allowed 301 yards of total offense to New Orleans. Of these yards, 87 were gained on the ground, while the team’s secondary allowed 214 yards on 35 attempts.
Going into this week 10 NFC matchup, the Bears have an overall record of 2-7. In the NFC-North standings, the Bears are in 4th place and 14th in the NFC. So far, they have gone 1-4 against NFC opponents and 1-3 at home.
The Bears’ current scoring margin stands at -6, which has them coming in with a 3-5-1 ATS record. The average over/under line for Chicago games this season is currently 43.5 points. They have an over/under record of 6-3 with an average margin against the over/under of +4.3.
Bears Injury Report
- Jaquan Brisker – Concussion (Probable)
- Josh Blackwell – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Tyrique Stevenson – Ankle (Probable)
- Terell Smith – Illness (Questionable)
- Cole Kmet – Knee (Questionable)
- Khari Blasingame – Concussion (Out)
- Nate Davis – Ankle (Questionable)
- Khalil Herbert – Ankle (Questionable)
- Justin Fields – Right Thumb (Questionable)
- Equanimeous St. Brown – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Tremaine Edmunds – Knee (Questionable)
Panthers Offense Breakdown
Regarding their offense, the Panthers have an average 17.5 points per game, which places them 26th in the NFL.
In terms of the passing game, Panthers have an average 187.1 passing yards per game, placing them 27th in the league rankings. At present, 56.5% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
In terms of rushing, the Panthers are averaging 24.5 rushing attempts per game, placing them 24th for rushing yards. They have an average of 3.9 yards per rushing attempt.
Bears Offense Breakdown
Offensively, the Bears have an average of 20.9 points per game, which positions them 19th in the NFL.
In terms of the passing game, Bears have an average 190.6 passing yards per game, placing them 24th in the league rankings. At present, 55% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
When it comes to rushing, the Bears are averaging 4.5 yards per attempt while running the ball an average of 29.4 times per game. At 135.3 rushing yards per contest, they are 4th in the league.
Panthers Team Defense
In terms of turnovers, the Carolina defense has seven takeaways, which is 11th in the NFL. Overall, they are giving up 28.2 points per game and 310.0 yards.
Bears Team Defense
On the defensive side of the ball, the Bears give up an average of 256.9 passing yards and 79.7 rushing yards per game. Overall, looking at their sack numbers, Chicago is currently ranked 17th in the league. So far, they are giving up 26.9 points per game and 336.6 yards.
Panthers vs Bears Trends
- Through their last five road contests, the Panthers offense has averaged 18 points per game while allowing an average of 30. Carolina posted an overall record of 1-4 while going 1-4 ATS.
- When looking at their past ten home matchups, Chicago has an ATS record of 3-7 while averaging 20 per game. The team went 2-8 overall in these games.
- The last five games that Carolina was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 1-4 while going 1-4 straight up.
- As the betting favorite, the Bears have an ATS mark of just 0-2-1 in their last three games. Chicago posted a straight up mark of 1-2 in these matchups.
Panthers vs Bears Prediction
Carolina’s secondary did a good job limiting Indianapolis’ passing game in their previous game. Despite being 3.5-point underdogs at away, I’m confident in their ability to cover against Chicago.
The analysis we’ve been running for this game has Carolina and Chicago finishing with a combined 36 points. With the over/under line sitting at 40, I’m getting a bet down on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.