The Indianapolis Colts (4-5) travel to face off against the New England Patriots (2-7) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at Deutsche Bank Park and televised on NFLN. The Colts are coming off a win in their previous game, while the Patriots are looking to get back on track from a loss to the Commanders. Kickoff is set for 9:30 ET.
Colts vs Patriots
The Colts Are Coming Off A Win
In their most recent matchup, the Colts secured a win against the Panthers with a final score of 27-13. The Colts covered the spread, as they were favored by 1.5 against the Panthers.
For the game, Colts’s quarterback Gardner Minshew attempted 26 passes and finished with 17 completions for 127. His passer rating for the game was 89.
On the defensive front, the Colts picked off the Panthers three times and allowed 137 passing yards in total. The rush defense conceded 138 yards on 28 attempts.
On the road, the Colts have a record of 3-1 this season and are 4-5 overall. When looking at the standings, Indianapolis is 12th in the AFC and 3rd in the AFC-South. On the road, Indianapolis has gone 3-1 thus far.
The Colts have put together an above .500 record versus the spread this season, currently at 5-4. Their average scoring margin for this season is -1.1. Indianapolis has an over/under record of 6-3 so far this year. Their average over/under betting line stands at 43.2 points, and their games have averaged a combined 52.7 points per game.
Colts Injury Report
- Titus Leo – Undisclosed (Out)
- Jake Witt – Hip (Out)
- Anthony Richardson – Shoulder (Out)
- Josh Downs – Knee (Questionable)
- Evan Hull – Knee (Out)
- JuJu Brents – Quadriceps (Questionable)
- Daniel Scott – Knee (Out)
- Drew Ogletree – Foot (Questionable)
- Dallis Flowers – Achilles (Out)
- Isaac Taylor-Stuart – Undisclosed (Out)
- Jelani Woods – Hamstring (Out)
- Zaire Franklin – Knee (Questionable)
- Tony Brown – Concussion (Questionable)
The Patriots Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Patriots hosted the Commanders in their last game but lost by a score of 20-17. Not only did the Patriots lose the game, but they also didn’t cover the spread as 2.5-point favorites.
Looking at their performance on offense, Patriot’s Mac Jones threw for 220 yards while completing 54% of his passes. On the ground, the Patriots rushed the ball 19 times for 107 yards. The team’s third-down performance stood at 3/12.
The New England’s defense was up against a Washington offense that had 45 passing attempts in week 9, resulting in 308 yards through the air. On passing plays, the Patriots allowed a completion rate of 64.4%, and they surrendered a total of 432 yards of offense to the Commanders.
This season, the Patriots hold the 4th position in the AFC-East with an overall record of 2-7. In non-conference games, they have a record of 0-4, and in AFC action, they are 2-3.
The Patriots currently hold a 2-7 record against the spread. Currently, their average scoring margin is -10.3. New England games this season have averaged 40.3 points, which is 20th in the NFL. Their over/under record is 3-6, with an average OU line of 41.9 points.
Patriots Injury Report
- Christian Gonzalez – Shoulder (Out)
- Isaiah Bolden – Head (Out)
- Marcus Jones – Shoulder (Out)
- Riley Reiff – Knee (Out)
- DeVante Parker – Head (Questionable)
- Trent Brown – Ankle/knee (Questionable)
- Matthew Judon – Bicep (Out)
- Raekwon McMillan – Achilles (Out)
- Daniel Ekuale – Bicep (Out)
Colts Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Colts have beenone of the better teams in the league in the first quarter, ranking 10th in the NFL. Overall, they are averaging 25.8 points per game (7th).
In the passing game, the Colts are averaging 220.8 passing yards per game, which is 16th in the league. So far, 57.6% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
The Colts have been running the ball an average of 28.9 times per game and currently hold the 10th spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 4.2.
Patriots Offense Breakdown
On offense, the Patriots are currently averaging 15 points per game, ranking them 31st in the NFL.
Among the other teams in the league New England ranks 21st in the NFL for passing yards per game with an average of 202.6. Their passing yards per attempt, 5.7, places them at 17.
The Patriots come into the game handing the ball off 23.2 times per game and are currently 28th in rushing yards. Their average yards per attempt is 3.8.
Colts Team Defense
The Indianapolis defense has 14 takeaways this season, positioning them 4th in the NFL. Overall, they are at 26.9 points per game allowed and giving up an average of 360.6 yards.
Patriots Team Defense
On the defensive front, the Patriots enter the game as the 13th ranked team in tackles for loss and 13th in sacks. Their opponents are averaging 25.3 points per game against them, along with an average of 333.4 yards per contest.
Colts vs Patriots Trends
- In their last ten games away from home, the Colts have a straight up record of 4-6 while going 5-5 vs. the spread. The team averaged 20 points per game in this stretch.
- Through their last three home contests, the Patriots offense has averaged 12 points per game while allowing an average of 30. New England posted an overall record of 0-3 while going 0-3 ATS.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Patriots have a straight up record of 1-4. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-4.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Colts have a straight up record of 1-2 and an ATS mark of 1-2.
Colts vs Patriots Prediction
A matchup I like in this one is Indianapolis’ passing attack vs. the New England secondary. In their most recent game, New England struggled to slow down Washington. Look for Indianapolis to cover as 1-point favorites.
Up to this point in the season, Indianapolis games have an average of 52.7 points scored. Considering the over/under line at 43.5, I’m going with the over.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.