The New Orleans Saints (5-4) travel to face off against the Minnesota Vikings (5-4) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at U.S. Bank Stadium in U.S. Bank Stadium and televised on FOX. Both team’s come into this one having won their previous games. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
Saints vs Vikings
The Saints Are Coming Off A Win
The Saints came out on top in their previous game against the Bears, with the game ending in a score of 24-17. Although they won the game, the Saints failed to cover the spread against the Bears, despite being favored by 8.5.
New Orleans’ offense generated 301 total yards against the Bears. On third downs, the Saints managed a conversion rate of 50%. Taysom Hill led the team in rushing with 52 yards, while Derek Carr passed for 211 yards.
In this week’s matchup, the Saints’ defense is hoping to improve their performance against the run. During week 9, they allowed 156 rushing yards to the Bears. Additionally, the Saints conceded 212 passing yards during the game.
In the current season, the Saints hold an overall record of 5-4, placing them at 1st in the NFC-South. Their performance consists of a 1-0 record as underdogs and 4-4 when they are favored.
New Orleans comes into this one having not covered the spread in four straight games at home. Their overall ATS record for the season is 2-6-1. With an over/under record of 2-7, the Saints come in with an average margin of -0.4 relative to their over/under lines. Their games have consistently averaged 40.7 points per game.
Saints Injury Report
- Adam Prentice – Knee (Out)
- Payton Turner – Toe (Out)
- Ty Summers – Concussion/hamstring (Questionable)
- Andrew Dowell – Knee (Out)
- Ryan Connelly – Undisclosed (Out)
- Eno Benjamin – Achilles (Out)
- Trai Turner – Quadriceps (Out)
- Shaquan Davis – Undisclosed (Out)
- Isaiah Foskey – Quadriceps (Questionable)
- Kendre Miller – Illness (Questionable)
The Vikings Are Coming Off A Win
The Vikings came out on top in their previous game against the Falcons, with the game ending in a score of 31-28. Despite being underdogs by 3.5, the Vikings both won outright and covered the spread.
Vikings quarterback Joshua Dobbs didn’t have a huge game in terms of passing yards, throwing for 158. However, he did throw for two touchdowns while running for one.
The Minnesota’s defense was up against a Atlanta offense that had 38 passing attempts in week 9, resulting in 260 yards through the air. On passing plays, the Vikings allowed a completion rate of 55.3%, and they surrendered a total of 370 yards of offense to the Falcons.
At 5-4, the Vikings are 7th in the NFC and 2nd in the NFC-North. This will be Minnesota’s 5th home game this season, where they have gone 1-3 compared to 4-1 on the road.
Against the spread, the Vikings have a record of 5-3-1. Their average scoring margin for the season is currently +1.8. So far this season, the Vikings hold an over/under record of 2-7. The average over/under betting line in their games has been 45.9 points, and their games have averaged a combined 44 points.
Vikings Injury Report
- Brian Asamoah II – Ankle (Questionable)
- Christian Darrisaw – Groin (Questionable)
- James Lynch – Knee (Out)
- K.J. Osborn – Concussion (Questionable)
- Justin Jefferson – Hamstring (Out)
- Cam Akers – Achilles (Out)
- Olisaemeka Udoh – Quad (Out)
- Nick Mullens – Back (Out)
- Marcus Davenport – Ankle (Out)
- T.J. Hockenson – Oblique (Questionable)
- Dean Lowry – Groin (Questionable)
- Chris Reed – Lower Leg (Questionable)
- Kirk Cousins – Achilles (Out)
- Jalen Nailor – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Jaren Hall – Concussion (Questionable)
- Malik Knowles – Undisclosed (Out)
Saints Offense Breakdown
This season, the New Orleans offense has an average of 21.7 points, placing them 15th in the league.
So far this season, New Orleans’ passing game is 6th in passing attempts. Their average of 239.9 passing yards per game places them 10th in the NFL rankings.
Looking at their ground game, the Saints have been carrying the ball an average of 29.1 times per game and are 18th in rushing yards. They have an average of 3.6 yards per rushing attempt.
Vikings Offense Breakdown
The Vikings come in with an average 22.9 points per game on offense, which has them 13th in the NFL.
This season, the Minnesota’s passing offense is 2nd in passing attempts. Their average of 273.4 passing yards per contest, has them 2nd in the NFL.
On a per-attempt basis, the Vikings average 3.6 yards while carrying the ball an average of 22 times per game. Regarding rushing yardage, they are 29th in the league.
Saints Team Defense
When it comes to turnovers, the New Orleans defense has forced 18 takeaways, putting them 1st in the NFL. Overall, they are allowing 19 points per game and yielding 304.3 yards.
Vikings Team Defense
Heading into this week’s matchup with the Saints, the Vikings defense has given up an average of 21.1 points per game. They are currently 12th in quarterback hits and have allowed an average of 328.0 yards per contest.
Saints vs Vikings Trends
- When looking at their past three road matchups, New Orleans has an ATS record of 2-1 while averaging 28 per game. The team went 2-1 overall in these games.
- Across their last three home contests, Minnesota has been good against the spread posting a mark of 3-0. Their overall mark in these games was 3-0, while averaging 24 points per game.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Vikings have a strong straight up record of 2-1. Additionally, their ATS record was 2-1 in these scenarios.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Saints have a straight up record of 2-3 and an ATS mark of 1-4.
Saints vs Vikings Prediction
For a point-spread pick, I like New Orleans with a -2.5 spread for this one. Following a strong defensive performance, I expect them to deliver another good outing. I believe New Orleans will not only secure the win but also cover the spread against Minnesota.
On the over/under, I have the best bet being to take the over at 41. This looks like a slam dunk bet for me, as my gut tells me the over will hit as well as our model projecting a combined 43 points.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.