The Washington Commanders (4-5) travel to face off against the Seattle Seahawks (5-3) on Sunday, November 12th. This game will be played at Lumen Field in Lumen Field and televised on FOX. The Commanders are coming off a win in their previous game, while the Seahawks are looking to get back on track from a loss to the Ravens. Kickoff is set for 4:25 ET.
Commanders vs Seahawks
The Commanders Are Coming Off A Win
When Washington last took the field, the Commanders took down the Patriots, ultimately winning with a final score of 20-17. In addition to winning the game, the Commanders managed to cover the spread as 2.5-point underdogs.
The Commanders’ offense produced a total of 432 yards against the Patriots. On third downs, the Commanders achieved a conversion rate of 52.9%. Notably, Brian Robinson Jr. led the rushing attack with 63 yards, while Sam Howell passed for 325 yards.
Defensively, the Commanders gave up 327 total yards of offense to New England. Of these yards, 107 were gained through rushing plays, and the team’s secondary allowed 220 yards on 44 pass attempts.
At 4-5, the Commanders are 8th in the NFC and 3rd in the NFC-East. This will be Washington’s 6th road game this season, where they have gone 3-2.
The Commanders’ scoring margin thus far is currently at -6. This has contributed to an ATS record of 4-4-1. The average over/under line for the Commanders this season is currently 41.1 points. So far, their games have averaged 48.4 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 4-5.
Commanders Injury Report
- Braeden Daniels – Shoulder (Out)
- Ricky Stromberg – Knee (Questionable)
- Drew White – Knee (Out)
- Armani Rogers – Achilles (Out)
- Curtis Brooks – Undisclosed (Out)
- Curtis Samuel – Toe (Questionable)
- Troy Apke – Shoulder (Out)
- Jeremy Reaves – Knee (Out)
- Darrick Forrest – Shoulder (Out)
- Shaka Toney – Suspension (Out)
- David Bada – Triceps (Out)
- Dax Milne – Groin (Out)
- Cody Barton – Ankle (Out)
- Saahdiq Charles – Calf (Out)
The Seahawks Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
In week 10, the Seahawks will be looking to recover from the 37-3 loss they suffered against the Ravens. With a 34-point loss, the Seahawks added a loss to their ATS record as well. They were 6-point underdogs prior to the game.
Seattle’s offense finished with 151 yards of total offense vs. the Ravens. On third down, the Seahawks converted at a rate of 8.3%. Kenneth Walker III was the Seahawks’ top rusher with 16 yards while Geno Smith threw for 157 yards.
Against Baltimore, the Seahawks defense struggled to keep the Ravens offense off the field, giving up 29 first downs. Overall, Seattle allowed 515 yards of offense. The Ravens passing offense finished with a completion percentage of 78.8%.
Over the course of eight games, the Seahawks have put together a record of 5-3. This positions them 2nd in the NFC-West and 5th in the NFC.
Taking a look at the Seahawks’ scoring margin this season, it is currently at -0.5. This has resulted in an ATS record of 4-3-1. So far this season, Seattle games are 16th in total points. They come in with an over/under record of 3-5, with an average over/under line for their games set at 44.1 points.
Seahawks Injury Report
- Derick Hall – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Mike Morris – Shoulder (Out)
- Drake Thomas – Knee (Out)
- Anthony Bradford – Ankle (Questionable)
- Kenny McIntosh – Knee (Questionable)
- Coby Bryant – Toe (Out)
- Abraham Lucas – Knee (Out)
- Joshua Onujiogu – Elbow (Out)
- Dareke Young – Groin (Out)
- LaTrell Bumphus – Undisclosed (Out)
- Andrew Whitaker – Knee (Out)
- Uchenna Nwosu – Pectoral (Out)
- Bryan Mone – Knee (Out)
- DeeJay Dallas – Shoulder (Questionable)
Commanders Offense Breakdown
With an average of 21.2 points per contest, the Washington offense currently ranks 18th in the league.
This season, Washington’s passing offense ranks 1st in passing attempts. With an average of 242 passing yards per game, they hold the 9th spot in the NFL.
The Commanders come in with an average of 4.5 yards per rushing attempt while running the ball an average of 20.9 times per game. In terms of total rushing yardage, they currently rank 26th in the league.
Seahawks Offense Breakdown
As they enter week 10, the Seahawks offense ranks 17th in the league, averaging 21.4 points per contest.
In the passing game, the Seahawks are averaging 214.5 passing yards per game, which is 19th in the league. So far, 58.9% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
With 97.2 rushing yards per game, the Seahawks hold the 23rd spot in the NFL. This average is coming on an average of 23.5 rushing attempts (25th).
Commanders Team Defense
The Commanders currently rank 8th in tackles for loss and 7th in sacks on the defensive side. Their opponents are averaging 27.2 points per game and 368.9 yards per contest against them.
Seahawks Team Defense
When it comes to defense, the Seahawks have given up 232.1 passing yards and 122.0 rushing yards per game. In terms of sacks, Seattle ranks 5th among other defenses. Coming into week 10, they have allowed 21.9 points per game and 354.1 yards.
Commanders vs Seahawks Trends
- Across their last five road contests, Washington has been good against the spread posting a mark of 4-1. Their overall mark in these games was 3-2, while averaging 23 points per game.
- Across the Seahawks last five home games, the team averaged 20 points per game while allowing 25. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 2-3, while going 2-3 straight-up.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Commanders have a strong straight up record of 2-1. In addition, their ATS record was 2-0-1 in these scenarios.
- Seattle has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS in their last three games.
Commanders vs Seahawks Prediction
Even though the Seahawks picked up a win in their previous game, they got off to a slow start on offense. Despite being favored vs. the Commanders, I like the Commanders to cover the spread (+6.5).
If you’re looking for a pick on the over/under, the data we have suggests this game finishing below 45.5 points. For this game, my money is on the under.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.
**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.
Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.