The Los Angeles Chargers (4-5) travel to face off against the Green Bay Packers (3-6) on Sunday, November 19th. This game will be played at Lambeau Field in Lambeau Field and televised on FOX. Both the Chargers and Packers will be looking to bounce back from losses in their previous games. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 ET.
Chargers vs Packers
The Chargers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
After a 41-38 loss to the Lions, the Chargers are looking to get back on track this week. In addition to their 3-point loss, the Chargers also suffered a setback in their ATS record. They were 2-point underdogs at the start of the game.
Justin Herbert wrapped up the game with 323 passing yards and a passer rating of 114. Overall, he completed 27 of 40 passes.
Defensively, the Chargers gave up 533 total yards of offense to Detroit. Of these yards, 200 were gained through rushing plays, and the team’s secondary allowed 333 yards on 33 pass attempts.
So far this season, the Chargers are 4-5 overall which has the team placed 3rd in the AFC-West. This record has come while going 0-3 as the underdog and 4-2 when favored.
This season, the Chargers find themselves above .500 versus the spread with a record of 4-5. Their average scoring margin for this season stands at +2.7. To date this season, games involving Los Angeles rank 2nd in total points. Their over/under record stands at 3-6, and the average over/under line for their games is 47.7 points.
Chargers Injury Report
- Mike Williams – Knee (Out)
- Gerald Everett – Back (Questionable)
- Corey Linsley – Heart (Out)
- Keenan Allen – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Joshua Palmer – Knee (Out)
- Chris Rumph II – Foot (Out)
- Raheem Layne – Knee (Out)
- Andrew Trainer – Undisclosed (Out)
- JT Woods – Illness (Out)
- Amechi Uzodinma – Undisclosed (Out)
The Packers Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
The Packers are coming off a game where they were defeated by the Steelers with a final score of 23-19. In addition to their 4-point loss, the Packers also lost vs. the spread. They were 3-point underdogs heading into the game.
Against the Steelers, quarterback Jordan Love completed 21 of 40 passes for 289 yards and a passer rating of 71. For the game, Love finished with two passing touchdowns.
On the defensive side, the Packers allowed 324 yards of total offense to Pittsburgh. Among these yards, 205 were given up on the ground, while the team’s secondary gave up 119 yards through 23 attempts.
The Packers enter their matchup against the Chargers with a 3-6 record. This mark puts them 3rd in NFC-North. In the NFC overall standings, they are 11th.
So far this season, the Packers are above .500 vs. the spread at 4-5. Their average scoring margin this season is -0.3. The average over/under line for Green Bay games this season is currently 41.6 points. They have an over/under record of 4-5 with an average margin against the over/under of -1.4.
Packers Injury Report
- Quay Walker – Groin (Questionable)
- Darnell Savage – Calf (Out)
- Tyler Davis – Knee (Out)
- Luke Tenuta – Ankle (Out)
- Eric Stokes – Hamstring (Out)
- Jaire Alexander – Shoulder (Questionable)
- David Bakhtiari – Knee (Out)
Chargers Offense Breakdown
For this season, the Los Angeles offense has an average of 26.6 points per game, placing them at 6th in the league.
Heading into week 11, Los Angeles ranks 7th in passing attempts and is averaging 6.9 yards per attempt (9). With 249.1 passing yards per game, they hold the 8th spot in the league.
The Chargers have been running the ball an average of 26.2 times per game and currently hold the 19th spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 3.6.
Packers Offense Breakdown
At home, the Packers are averaging 17 points per contest compared to their overall numbers of 19.9 points per game. In the league, Green Bay is 19th in overall scoring.
As a team, Green Bay is 19th in the NFL in passing yards per game (208.9). Their passing yards per attempt figure of 6.2 is 16 in the league.
The Packers come into the game handing the ball off 24.9 times per game and are currently 18th in rushing yards. Their average yards per attempt is 4.
Chargers Team Defense
The Chargers defense comes into the game with rankings of 5th in tackles for loss and 3rd in sacks. Their opponents have been scoring 23.9 points per game and gaining 393.2 yards (per game).
Packers Team Defense
The Packers defense comes into the game with rankings of 9th in tackles for loss and 12th in sacks. Their opponents have been scoring 20.2 points per game and gaining 320.6 yards (per game).
Chargers vs Packers Trends
- Through their last five road contests, the Chargers offense has averaged 25 points per game while allowing an average of 23. Los Angeles posted an overall record of 2-3 while going 2-3 ATS.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Green Bay has an ATS record of 2-3 while averaging 22 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Going back to their last ten games as the underdog, the Packers have a straight up record of 3-7. But, their mark vs the spread was just 4-6.
- As the betting favorite, the Chargers have an ATS mark of just 6-3-1 in their last ten games. Los Angeles posted a straight up mark of 7-3 in these matchups.
I’m going with Los Angeles on the spread at -3. I anticipate Los Angeles’ rushing attack capitalizing on the weaknesses in Green Bay’s rush defense, as seen in their recent game. Don’t miss out on Los Angeles at -3.
Not only does our model have a projected total of 45 points in this matchup, but the eye test has me feeling this line of 44 is low. I like the Chargers and Packers to exceed 44 points.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.