The New England Patriots (2-8) travel to face off against the New York Giants (3-8) on Sunday, November 26th. This game will be played at MetLife Stadium in MetLife Stadium and televised on FOX. The Giants are coming off a win in their previous game, while the Patriots are looking to get back on track from a loss to the Colts. Kickoff is set for 1:00 ET.
Patriots vs Giants
The Patriots Look To Bounce Back From A Loss
This week, the Patriots aim to recover from their 10-6 loss to the Colts. The Patriots had a 4-point loss, resulting in a defeat on their ATS record. They were 1.5-point underdogs going into the game.
Against Indianapolis, quarterback Mac Jones had a passer rating of 79 while completing 75% of his passes. Overall, he ended the game with 170 yards through the air.
Defensively, the Patriots gave up 264 total yards of offense to Indianapolis. Of these yards, 70 were gained through rushing plays, and the team’s secondary allowed 194 yards on 28 pass attempts.
Going into week 12, New England is 4th in the AFC-East with an overall record of 2-8. Within the AFC, they find themselves in 16th place.
The Patriots’ have a scoring margin of -9.7 this season, which has led to an ATS record of 2-8. So far this season, New England games are 27th in total points. They come in with an over/under record of 3-7, with an average over/under line for their games set at 41.9 points.
Patriots Injury Report
- Christian Gonzalez – Shoulder (Out)
- Isaiah Bolden – Head (Out)
- Marcus Jones – Shoulder (Out)
- Calvin Anderson – Illness (Out)
- Tyrone Wheatley Jr. – Knee (Out)
- Rhamondre Stevenson – Back (Questionable)
- Tre Nixon – Shoulder (Out)
- Mac Jones – Undisclosed (Questionable)
- Riley Reiff – Knee (Questionable)
- DeVante Parker – Head (Questionable)
- Trent Brown – Ankle (Questionable)
- Matthew Judon – Bicep (Out)
- Ja’Whaun Bentley – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Daniel Ekuale – Bicep (Out)
- J.C. Jackson – Personal (Questionable)
- Raekwon McMillan – Achilles (Out)
- Kendrick Bourne – Knee (Out)
The Giants Are Coming Off A Win
In their previous game, the Giants defeated the Commanders with a final score of 31-19. In additon to winning straight-up, the Giants covered the spread as 7.5 point underdogs.
Versus the Commanders, the Giants finished with 19 rushing attempts, and Saquon Barkley led the way with 83 yards. Meanwhile, Tommy Devito had 26 pass attempts, resulting in 246 yards and a passer rating of 137.
The Giants’ defense recorded three interceptions against the Commanders and allowed a total of 229 passing yards. Additionally, the rush defense gave up 174 yards on 28 carries.
The Giants enter their matchup against the Patriots with a 3-8 record. This mark puts them 4th in NFC-East. In the NFC overall standings, they are 13th.
This season, the Giants boast an above .500 record versus the spread, currently standing at 3-7-1. Their average scoring margin for this season is -12.4. Up to this point in the season, games featuring New York have ranked 23rd in total points. They have maintained an over/under record of 3-8, and the average over/under line for their games is 41.2 points.
Giants Injury Report
- Bryce Ford-Wheaton – Knee (Out)
- Evan Neal – Ankle (Questionable)
- Joshua Ezeudu – Toe (Out)
- Eric Gray – Calf (Out)
- Aaron Robinson – Knee (Out)
- Darius Slayton – Arm (Questionable)
- Tommy Sweeney – Illness (Out)
- Daniel Jones – Knee (Out)
- Gary Brightwell – Hamstring (Out)
- Matt Peart – Shoulder (Out)
- Shane Lemieux – Biceps/groin (Out)
- Bobby McCain – Illness (Questionable)
- Darren Waller – Hamstring (Out)
- Graham Gano – Knee (Out)
- Tyrod Taylor – Ribs (Out)
- Jarrad Davis – Knee (Out)
- Adoree’ Jackson – Concussion (Questionable)
- J.C. Hassenauer – Triceps (Out)
Patriots Offense Breakdown
At 14.1 points per contest, the New England offense is 29th in the league.
In terms of the passing game, Patriots have an average 199.6 passing yards per game, placing them 22nd in the league rankings. At present, 57% of their first downs have come through the passing game.
New England comes in with an average of 3.8 yards per rushing attempt and have an average of 24.5 attempts per game. In terms of total rushing yards, they are currently ranked 26th in the league.
Giants Offense Breakdown
This season, the New York offense has an average of 13.5 points, placing them 30th in the league.
Looking at their performance in the passing game so far, New York is 32nd in passing yards per game, where they have an average of 150.6. Additionally, their passing yards per attempt of 5.1, places them 20 in the league.
When it comes to rushing, the Giants are averaging 4 yards per attempt while running the ball an average of 28.1 times per game. At 111.5 rushing yards per contest, they are 13th in the league.
Patriots Team Defense
On the defensive front, the Patriots currently hold the 16th position in tackles for loss and rank 20th in sacks. Opponents are averaging 23.8 points and 326.5 yards per game against them.
Giants Team Defense
New York is sitting 25th in points allowed so far. Heading into week 12, their opponents are putting up an average of 25.9 points per game, on 371.6 yards per contest.
Patriots vs Giants Trends
- Through their last ten road games, New England has an ATS record of just 4-6. However, their overall record was 4-6 while averaging 21 points per game.
- Across their five previous home games, New York has an ATS mark of 2-3. Their straight up record in these matchups was 1-4 while averaging 15 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Giants have a straight up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-2.
- As the betting favorite, the Patriots have an ATS mark of just 1-2 in their last three games. New England posted a straight up mark of 1-2 in these matchups.
Considering New England’s impressive performance in the running game in their last game, and the fact that they’re up against a New York defense that struggled to contain the run against Washington, I’m taking New England at -3.5 for this matchup.
I’m taking the over with the over/under line set at 33.5. So far this season, games involving New York have generated an average combined score of 39.5 points, and I believe this game will exceed 33.5.
All odds are courtesy of Action247 Sportsbook. Good luck!!
* All odds are provided by Action247 Sportsbook and all odds subject to change.**All views expressed are my own. My picks are my own and are not a guarantee, bet at your own risk.Action247 does not warrant the accuracy of completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these post.